For That Beautiful Feeling

Justice

Started by Ben_j, Jul 07, 2016, 12:36

Previous topic - Next topic
I like it. And would Justice tour with Tame Impala I would pay good money to see that. 

The Tame Impala one is rubbish I think - really gone off Tame Impala's sound its very samey ... but Generator is great.

Justice are headlining Field Day in London too - announced earlier today
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16
I need the Miguel version of the album

no idea, no idea

I'm getting massive Daft Punk vibes seeing this performance. Look a spectacular light show 

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Unsolicited mini-review

I've now listened to the new album ~two-dozen times while working / walking / playing Pokemon Go. It's one of the rare experiences in recent memory where I feel compelled to listen through front to back. I can understand where people have mixed reception towards the vocal features. I'm enamoured with the Darksynth and glitch elements in parts. Dear Alan's Citypop vibe mixed with arpeggiated madness at the end is a great Summer lead in. My jazz junkie side feels like I need a good scotch when listening to Midnight Rende-vouz (always appreciate good sax). My standout fave is The End (and not just for my bae Thundercat on the feature). The frantic jarring start breaking through to the long triangle wave bass chords and breathy vocal before cutting to a lonely organ and vocal break before bringing it all back... I really love the track. Heck, I even like One Night/All Night.

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on May 22, 2024, 19:49
playing Pokemon Go

This is still a thing?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 22, 2024, 22:39
This is still a thing?
For me it is. Not fully dead yet (though close)...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I thought tracks 8-10 were some excellent work.

"Moonlight Rendez-vous" gave me immediate "Carless Whisper" vibes (by George Michael), thus reminding me of Sexy Sax Man...

Very, Vangelis' Blade Runner-esque. Maybe with some sultry lyrics this could work as a Bond title theme?

"Explorer" sounds like the exact element Anthony Gonzalez of M83 was trying to procure for his 'Digital Shades Volume: 2' project. Again, I'm reminded of distant memories of 5-7 year old me, playing my cousins copy of 'Final Fantasy' NES. I surely destroyed his saved gameplay (a rarity for cartridge based games in its time). But dang, "Explorer" reminds me of the music from that game.

Not that it was highly regarded, but Gonna have to revisit 'DSV2'. I didn't enjoy it upon first listen, but maybe I'm in a better mindset for it?

Last Edit: Today at 20:24 by Bosco