How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Elektrobank SYNTH!

Started by andreluizsilva44, May 30, 2022, 23:06

Previous topic - Next topic
hey friends!
I would like to know if anyone has an idea of ​​how to get the synth tone in the final part of elektrobank, both at 3:13 and 3:35.

the most abrasive sounds and the most elastic sounds. how to recreate at least a fragment of that timbre with vst's like serum?

obviously, just similar, I know it's something practically impossible to recreate 100%.

thank you so much!

You mean that dirty bass, or the exact outro of the track? aka Slow Butt Grind?

Dunno, but I think, that they might have used the Juno synth with some effects, as I believe, that it's the same synth, as on their Three Little Birdies Down Beats, both sound really abbrasive, with Elektrobank being obviously lower
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Hey! Talking about Elektrobank, do you think they have played the bass and then sequenced it? Or is it a sample? It sounds like a real bass to me. I'm talking about the bass right at the start at 1:33

Quote from: whereismybass on Aug 14, 2022, 13:07

Hey! Talking about Elektrobank, do you think they have played the bass and then sequenced it? Or is it a sample? It sounds like a real bass to me. I'm talking about the bass right at the start at 1:33

I think it's both. They sampled their mate playing real bass through a mess of pedals and an amp. Looped it up, probably chopped it up a little too.

Quote from: andreluizsilva44 on May 30, 2022, 23:06

hey friends!
I would like to know if anyone has an idea of ​​how to get the synth tone in the final part of elektrobank, both at 3:13 and 3:35.

the most abrasive sounds and the most elastic sounds. how to recreate at least a fragment of that timbre with vst's like serum?

obviously, just similar, I know it's something practically impossible to recreate 100%.

thank you so much!

I'm pretty sure you mean that crazy loop that sounds like nothing else I ever heard? Yeah I've been puzzling that one out forever. I know they use this sampler technique where you loop a small section of the longer sample, and scan the loop over the longer sample as it's playing. I'm fairly certain that's the underlying technique for this sound. But as for the actual sample being mangled this way - no idea. Sounds very distorted though. Probably by their Sherman Filterbank (fanously used all over DYOH).

Definitely won't be able to get these kinds of sounds out of Serum. Start looking into and experimenting with running samples through filters that can distort and modulate into audio rates nicely. Sample the output back into the sampler (resample) and go again. Chop it up, reverse it, scan it (see above). You'll get some mind blowing heavy sounds.

Quote from: mfc83 on Aug 14, 2022, 20:42
I know they use this sampler technique where you loop a small section of the longer sample, and scan the loop over the longer sample as it's playing. I'm fairly certain that's the underlying technique for this sound

This sounds like Ableton's Granulator does :) and thank you for your answer ofc!

Quote from: whereismybass on Aug 14, 2022, 21:27

This sounds like Ableton's Granulator does :) and thank you for your answer ofc!

Yeah that'll do it. The technique is kind of an early form of granular synthesis after all.