'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

2022/10/15 - AMNESIA - Ibiza, Spain - DJ Set

Started by Bosco, Aug 09, 2022, 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1557034594389659656

:music

Gotta go to Ibiza with a new EBW... right?

Maybe a coinciding release for Black Friday???
Last Edit: Oct 21, 2022, 21:12 by Csar

Confirmed to be a 3 hr set on the latest poster for this
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

So it's 1:48am in Ibiza and the Chems DJ set presumably ended over an hour ago.

Instagram is a hot mess these days. The hashtags only bring up the top 9 most popular posts on screen. Discussed on Reddit here.

So if you click the bottom right hand post of the Top 9, and then hit the Right hand button it will take you to other recent posts with that hashtag.
I haven't found much so far apart from this one. The audio goes wonky after 1:08 which is a shame as it's a 4 minute video. No idea what the track is.

PS: is it worth adding Amnesia to the title of this thread?
PPS: Oh Reddit links embed now? Is that a good idea?

EDIT
Six minutes of...Big beat space gospel?

See slide 2. A shorter (but louder?) segment of the above track. In this context it almost feels like Eargasmic-2. Or Rez/Cowgirl (live).

Another clip of Big Beat Space Gospel on the 8th slide - with "MC Escher" rising sounds here:

GOT TO BE NEW CHEMS. Right?

First and third slides. Thoughts? (first slide might not play unless opened in Instagram)

Also there are some interesting clips on the Chems, Ed's and Amnesia's Instagram stories which are worth catching before they disappear. Including several clips of the "all of a sudden it's like..." track and the warped pop/rock/indie track. And also:

Last Edit: Oct 16, 2022, 17:24 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Instagrams web apps are basically just an ad for the mobile app. The in-browser features are intentionally incomplete/shitty because they want you to use the app because it collects more data.

Ranted enough, thanks for taking the time and searching for videos, can't wait to listen to them and speculate about new material!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 15, 2022, 23:49

feels like Eargasmic-2. Or Rez/Cowgirl (live).

GOT TO BE NEW CHEMS.

100% - Sounds like a Galileo session take.

Were you talking about Eargasm by Plump DJs? Because if so, totally! Brilliant album and clearly very Chems inspired in a lot of places.

First and third slides. Thoughts? (first slide might not play unless opened in Instagram)

The first one sure sounds like it could be. And something about the way Ed looks at the crowd during it makes me think he's looking for the feedback.

'I Wanna Rock With You' has an EXTREMELY chemical 'Woo' and CWU sounding bassline. I think you could be right here too.

V EXCITING ALL ROUND.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

IIRC Eargasmic was our nickname for Reflexion when it first appeared in the 2012/13 DJ sets before we knew it by its official name

Big Beat Space Gospel (great title, btw) sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it.
Not so sure about the vocal samples, but I agree that it's a likely candidate for new Chems material!
Can somebody make out the words? All I can identify is "All my love" or "Oh my love"
Last Edit: Oct 16, 2022, 19:53 by Stefan

I managed to download all the clips from people's stories that were mentioned by the brothers' official profile. I tried to filter and avoid the ones that were known songs or with very bad sound. I uploaded all the snippets into this Mediafire folder, for anyone interested:

CHEMICAL BROTHERS @ AMNESIA CLOSING PARTY 2022

PS: the name of each file is the @ of the original posters and does not include any of the videos already published above in this topic.
Just get yourself high.

Big beat space gospel?

From 'No Geography' to 'Yes, Theology'

sorry guys, turning to recycled jokes ::)

but yeah, a 6+ minute track in a dj set??? The investment of time, alone, tells me its Chemical.

Edit: also, Ed replied to someones post on Instagram that they played about 11 Chemical Brothers tracks (including new tracks)
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2022, 09:02 by Bosco

Wouldn't be totally out of line, with Believe and Let Us Build A City  :D

It definitely has a Chemical feel, goes along nicely with Reflexion and Work Energy Principle

Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 16, 2022, 18:33

Were you talking about Eargasm by Plump DJs? Because if so, totally! Brilliant album and clearly very Chems inspired in a lot of places.

I was really just describing the way this Big Beat Space Gospel track makes me feel when I hear it. Like when I first heard Reflexion in clips like this. An overly solipsistic comment perhaps. But hey, big ups the Plumps!
Spoiler
I do have Eargasm on CD. I'm still miffed at the dance music world for "moving on" from Nu Skool Breaks to crappier sub-genres of 'dance'. I sometimes see listings for tiny summer music festivals with small budgets and I see some of the old names on there (Krafty Kuts, Stanton Warriors), and it saddens me that they're relegated to the Z list whilst yucky pop-house names are big draws at Creamfields, Ibiza etc. Grumble grumble grumble...

The first one sure sounds like it could be. And something about the way Ed looks at the crowd during it makes me think he's looking for the feedback.
That track in the first slide is of course the same one in the Chems proper Insta post - currently pinned at the top of their account. So it's GOTTA be Chemical!
And it's an absolute ass shaker.

'I Wanna Rock With You' has an EXTREMELY chemical 'Woo' and CWU sounding bassline. I think you could be right here too.
At first I thought it was the Woo from No Reason. The Rock Witchu vox sounds like an old '80s Hip Hop/Electro sample...

Quote from: thg on Oct 17, 2022, 03:29

I managed to download all the clips from people's stories...
I don't suppose anyone also captured the stuff on "proper" insta posts. That 6:51 video of the track I can't stop mentioning is being WORN OUT by me at the mo. I hope Julieta never deletes it!

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 17, 2022, 07:41

Edit: also, Ed replied to someones post on Instagram that they played about 11 Chemical Brothers tracks (including new tracks)
I'm struggling to see this. I can see on the Chems pinned Insta post that someone commented: "You break my heart 💔 I had the hope to enjoy the salmon dance, got to keep on, got to try etc but nothing. Really disappointed". Insta tells me there are 7 replies, but then only shows me 3 of them (?!?!?!) Did Ed reply there? Incidentally, anyone moaning about no "We've Got To Try" is surely just on the troll. Surely!

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 16, 2022, 19:34

Big Beat Space Gospel (great title, btw) sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it.
Not so sure about the vocal samples, but I agree that it's a likely candidate for new Chems material!
Can somebody make out the words? All I can identify is "All my love" or "Oh my love"

The chords (especially at the start) kinda remind me of No Defeat No Retreat by Adam Beyer. And that voice - which is fantastic - has a familiar feel to it. It has to be a 'name' of some sort. Perhaps an old Altantic Soul artist like say, Solomon Burke? And the high pitch synth sounds are still feeling a bit Underworld "Rez" (live) for me - when Rez slows down near the end.

As for the words? You wanna google them and figure out who this singer dude is? Good luck, I've tried! Even as a native English speaker I struggled to make out more than snatches here and there. I've put my efforts under the spoiler tab.

Spoiler

Spoken Word intro Section (first 2 minutes):

I know a song...for the old (?)times(?)
I know a song...for the old (?)times(?)

To heal, my friend
I know a song for the [?something else?]
to heal a stranger from the devil...

(0:32) And God, hold on to your faith!

...and i(?) haven't let me down
it's your plan.
ain't nobody coming(?)
(0:48)...even though I rode through the valley and shadow of death...be in the light...  I fear no evil from the lord...

(1:03)...you better hold on now
you better hold on now
you better hold on now
you better hold on now

[slow down beatless section, triangle descends from roof!]

(1:45) I know a song for the old times
I know a song for the ?good ones?

Singing Main Section (from about 2:02 on the insta clip)

till we meet again, all my love
till we meet again, all my love
all my love (til we meet....)
all my love

2:51 when we say goodbye we (?)hide(?)

3:34 and 3:48 (all...all...all)

3:57 Till we meet again, all my love
Till we meet again, all my love

(all my love, till we...  all my love)

4:44 when we say goodbye, [echoey]

5:07 aaaaalllllll my love....we say goodbye...

[6 mins onwards: same lines echo around]

EDIT:Incidentally the spoken word bits seem to borrow heavily from Psalm 23, previously used by Kanye West in Jesus Walks (amongst many others). Kanye is making an arse of himself in the media at the moment. I think he may be mentally ill, and should probably be ignored and not even quoted.
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2022, 16:22 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah, that Space Gospel track definately bears all the hallmarks of a Chemical tune, plus what Bosco said about the length in the set with its build-up and all.

Thanks for digging through the instagram nightmare, Wolkenkrabber.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 17, 2022, 11:46
Did Ed reply there?
He replied with 'we played about 11 Chemical Brothers tracks, including brand new tracks. Didn't think Amnesia was the best place to play the Salmon Dance out for the first time'.
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Does that Space Gospel tune transition into Space Guitar Star Guitar?
no idea, no idea

Yep, that's Space Gospel right into Star Guitar.

If that song is not by the Chemical Brothers I have to know where it's from. I need those blaring synths in my life.

@Wolkenkrabber: Thanks for trying to guess those lyrics. Seems very plausible to me :)

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 17, 2022, 15:52

Yep, that's Space Gospel right into Star Guitar.

Pumisher is making a word pun in his second language! Space/Star Guitar...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Space Gospel now lives in my head for the foreseeable future

How awesome would it be if Tom & Ed adopted one of our working titles on an album?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Haha that would be awesome, but I guess at a stage where they show the stuff around the titles are already done and dusted.

Quote from: Csar on Oct 21, 2022, 18:45

How awesome would it be if Tom & Ed adopted one of our working titles on an album?

Chances it could be Pumishers Erection Song?
no idea, no idea