It's the Lifestyle We're Living

A complete list of all the Remixes the Chems have done

Started by androidgeoff, Aug 29, 2015, 18:15

Previous topic - Next topic
I am working on completing their discography.
Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 15:34 by Csar
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a website once which had all the remixes on it, planet dust or something like that, but I can't find it anymore.
Old forum member AnType had a very complete list but I haven't seen him on the forum for a very long time.
I have an extensive list of remixes of my collection which I haven't updated sice the Push the Button era I guess. So it's not complete but it's a good place to start.

I edited this post. With all the tracks below I think I've collected all the Chemical Brothers remixes excluded edit versions and de MSP record. Latest addtions wil be in bold. There is a clip from an interview where Tom sees remixed tracks as a track from the remixer. ie Life is Sweet (Daft Punk remix) is a Daft Punk track, Everything must Go (Chems remix) is a Chemical Brothers track.

I've you've got a track not listed here please let me know in a reply and I will added it to the list. Enjoy your hunting.

In alphabettical order

Ariel - T-Baby (the Dust Brothers remix) 1992
Bomb the bass ft. Justin Warfield - Bug powder dust (Dust Brothers remix) 1994
Boys Noize - XTC (Chemical Brothers remix
the Charlatans - Patrol (the Dust Brothers mix) 1994
the Charlatans - Toothache (Chemical risk mix) 1995
the Charlatans - Toothache (instrumental mix) 1995
the Charlatans - Chemical risk dub (toothache mix)1995
the Charlatans - Nine acre dust 1995
the Charlatans - Feel the pressure (the What pressure? remix) (unreleased, can be found on unofficial release Digital Decks)
the Charlatans - Feel the pressure (Chemical Brothers dub) 2006
Dave Clarke - No one's driving (Chemical Brothers remix) 1996
Deeper Throat - Mouth organ (Chemical Brothers remix) 1996
the Doves - Kingdom of rust (Chemical Brothers remix) (unreleased, played on Radio 1s christmas mix)
Dust Brothers - Realize (Chemical Brothers remix) 1998
Fatboy Slim - Song for shelter (Chemcial Brothers remix) 2001
Justin Warfield - Pick it up y'all (Dust Brothers vocal mix) 1994
Justin Warfield - Pick it up y'all (Dust Brothers no rap) 1994
Justin Warfield - Pick it up y'all (Dust Brothers dub) 1994
Kylie Minoque - Slow (Chemical Brothers remix) 2004
Leftfield - Open up (the Dust Brother remix) 1993
Lionrock - Packet of peace (Chemical Brothers remix) 1996 (1993?)
Manic street preachers - La tristesse durera (scream to a sigh) (vocal mix) 1994
Manic street preachers - La tristesse durera (scream to a sigh) (dub mix) 1994
Manic street preachers - Faster (dub mix) 1994
Manic street preachers - Faster (vocal mix)    1996
Manic street preachers - Everything must go (the Chemical Brothers remix) 1996
Massive Attack - Teardrop (unfinished Chemical Brothers remix) (unreleased, played on Radio 1s celebration of Pete Tong)
Method man - Bring the pain (chemical mix) 1996
Method man -Bring the pain (chemical instrumental) 1996   
Mercury rev - Delta sun bottleneck stomp (Chemical Brothers remix) 1998
Oasis - Falling down (Chemical Brothers remix) 2008
Primal scream - Jailbrid (the Dust Brothers mix) 1994
Primal scream -Burning wheel (Chemical Brothers remix) 1997
Primal scream - Swastika eyes (Chemical Brothers remix) 1999
Prodigy - Voodoo people (Dust Brothers remix) 1994
Republica - Out of this world (Chemical Brothers mix) 1996
Republica -Out of this world (Chemical Brothers dub) 1996
the Sabres of paradise - Tow truck (Chemical Brothers mix) 1995
Saint etienne - Like a motorway (chekhov warp mix) 1994
Saint etienne - Like a motorway (chekhov warp dub) 1994
Sandals - Feet (Dust Brothers mix) 1994
Sandals - Feet (Dust Brothers Beatappela) 1994
Spiritualized -I think I'm in love (Chemical Brothers mix) 1998
Spiritualized -I think I'm in love (Chemical Brothers mix instrumental) 1998
Swordfish - The get on (Dust Brothers mix) 1993

for completion: Tom Rowlands remix
I Break Horses - Hearts (R.A.R. mix) 2011
Klaxons - Love frequency (Tom Rowlands remix) 2014
New Order - Tutti frutti (Tom Rowlands remix) 2016
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 15:06 by Joslyn

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 30, 2015, 12:08

There was a website once which had all the remixes on it, planet dust or something like that, but I can't find it anymore.

There was one with a MASSIVE table of all the samples as well. I've been looking for that for ages. I thought I bookmarked it but apparently not.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I think I remember that website, since I had mp3s of the samples for things like the Hoops vocal.

Also that list is really helpful, since I was having a hard time figuring out what their earlier remixes were. I definitely have everything post PTB. THANKS!!!!

The Method Man Instrumental version I have is not instrumental... the vocals are just a tad quieter. Gotta find da real one yo
Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 18:01 by androidgeoff

Did people know there are two versions of the Slow remix? I have one w/o the blippy synth, it just starts with Minogue singing. That version is not as wet as the one that comes on the one Remix CD package.

For the St. Etienne remix, is the Chekhov Warp Dub the same as the one called Chemical Brothers Remix?

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 30, 2015, 18:17

Did people know there are two versions of the Slow remix? I have one w/o the blippy synth, it just starts with Minogue singing. That version is not as wet as the one that comes on the one Remix CD package.

Nope! I have the 12" single, which did sound a little different to the horrendously edited down version on the compilation I downloaded a few months back. I could never find a decent rip of the proper version. Love it though.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 30, 2015, 18:19

For the St. Etienne remix, is the Chekhov Warp Dub the same as the one called Chemical Brothers Remix?

St. Etienne - Like a Motorway has 2 remixes, Chekhov Warp Mix and Chekhov Warp Dub. The Dub mix is more common and IMO better than the mix which includes St. Etiennes vocals.
St. Etienne - Like a Motorway (chemical brothers mix), which can be found on the Chemical Reaction compilation. That mix in the Chekhov Warp Dub.
Be renaming the mixes on the compilation it's understandingly confusing which remix is which. But I think the vocal mix hasn't surfaced on any compilation and can only be found on the 12" promo. I haven't checked this, Discogs is your friend :)

edit: I added the vocal mix to the list. I'll be updating the list in the coming days with all the remixes I have (and if I have done my collecting right) that will be all of them. As far as I know I'm only missing a physical of copy of Boys Noize XTC.
Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 19:08 by Joslyn

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 30, 2015, 18:25

Nope! I have the 12" single, which did sound a little different to the horrendously edited down version on the compilation I downloaded a few months back. I could never find a decent rip of the proper version. Love it though.

Which compilation do you have? Remixes 6 has the right mix on it as does NWE awards 2004 (of which I have one to spare)

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 30, 2015, 19:02

St. Etienne - Like a Motorway has 2 remixes, Chekhov Warp Mix and Chekhov Warp Dub. The Dub mix is more common and IMO better than the mix which includes St. Etiennes vocals.
St. Etienne - Like a Motorway (chemical brothers mix), which can be found on the Chemical Reaction compilation. That mix in the Chekhov Warp Dub.
Be renaming the mixes on the compilation it's understandingly confusing which remix is which. But I think the vocal mix hasn't surfaced on any compilation and can only be found on the 12" promo. I haven't checked this, Discogs is your friend :)

edit: I added the vocal mix to the list. I'll be updating the list in the coming days with all the remixes I have (and if I have done my collecting right) that will be all of them. As far as I know I'm only missing a physical of copy of Boys Noize XTC.

I have to find the vocal version! What release has it? Discogs is only showing releases with the Dub version.

The Dub version is really good. I listened to it 5 or so times yesterday.
Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 19:34 by androidgeoff

http://www.discogs.com/Saint-Etienne-Like-A-Motorway/release/87797
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Secret-Tracks-2/release/239798

I got the 12" and I think it's the only way to get it but I found a cassete as well. I think any compilation on cd you will buy is the Chekhov Warp Dub. But you will have to buy all the compilations to hear it for yourself  :P

I got it for completion of the collections. If you love the Chekhov Warp Dub I think you will be disapointed by the Chekhov Warp Mix. I like the original St. Etienne song better than that. The vocal doesn't work in the mix
Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 19:45 by Joslyn

Today I bought the Ariel T-Baby promo, Swordfish Missing Factor vinyl, and Sandals Feet CD on ebay. woopwoop

Wow the Chemical Risk Dub is so much more interesting than the regular remix. La Tristesse Durera Dub is powerful. I would play it in a DJ set. The snare is awesome. Faster Dub is booty house goodness.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 30, 2015, 18:17

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 30, 2015, 18:25

It got released as a bonus track on this CD single: Red Blooded Woman as well as on this compilation. As far as i know this is the legit version (it starts with blippy bits). Is this what you seek for a decent rip of the proper version Enjoyed?  Am I missing out on anything interesting as regards the other version?
@Androidgeoff, what do you mean by: " That version is not as wet as the one that comes on the one Remix CD package."?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I think there are a couple of omissions on Joslyn's list:
Oasis: Falling Down
Boys Noise: XTC

And if you want to include Tom Rowlands remixes there's also:
I Break Horses: Hearts
Klaxons: Love Frequency.

Also I think there are a couple of different versions of the vocal mix of the Manics' La Tristesse Durera. I seem to remember WN discussing this on the old forum...
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2015, 00:23 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I also ordered the promo version of Hearts to get the Tom Rowlands remix.

And by less wet, I mean the mix feels more forward and without FX.

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 30, 2015, 19:20

Which compilation do you have? Remixes 6 has the right mix on it as does NWE awards 2004 (of which I have one to spare)
Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 30, 2015, 23:50

It got released as a bonus track on this CD single: Red Blooded Woman as well as on this compilation. As far as i know this is the legit version (it starts with blippy bits). Is this what you seek for a decent rip of the proper version Enjoyed?  Am I missing out on anything interesting as regards the other version?

Turns out I was being an idiot and not searching my iTunes properly. I have the version from Remixes Vol. 6 and a 4:43 edited version from Kylie's Japanese 'Boombox' compilation. Besides being more compressed and louder (and edited) the Boombox version is the same.

I'm definitely keen to hear the other version though. It's one of my favourite Chems remixes.

I have updated the remix list with everything I got in my collection EXCEPT for M.S.P. - Done & Dusted. Those remixes are more or less the same as the common remixes. I have EXCLUDED the edit versions of some of the remixes.
New entrys are bold including Skyscrapers additions plus a different and new remix by the Charlatans.
I think I have every remix they have done now (I still don't have a physical Boys Noize remix but that won't last long)

Happy hunting!!!

Ariel - T-Baby (the Dust Brothers remix) 1992

Before The Chemical Brothers were The Chemical Brothers, Tom Rowlands was the drummer in a band called Ariel. This is one of the many tracks that they released.

Though claimed to be the first ever released recording done by the duo Ed and Tom, under their early DJing alias 237 Turbo Nutters, this mix is actually done by Justin Robertson of Lionrock fame. Their first mix is The Dust Brothers remix of another Ariel track, T-Baby, in 1992.

Last Edit: Feb 07, 2023, 19:54 by wrclaguna
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

also the tutti frutti mix of tom rowlands
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...