Got Glint?

"Live from London 2005" origin ?

Started by Ben_j, Apr 24, 2023, 10:09

Previous topic - Next topic
I have had for the longest time a "Live From London 2005" live recording. From very distant memories I think it was a free download somewhere, maybe even an official thing. But I have no idea which concert this was recorded from. There were 5 or 6 concerts in London in 2005...

Any idea which one it was ?

There were 6 of them in 2005, I went to 4 of them. 2 in January, 2 in may and 2 in December. I think this was a recording from one of the nights in may. I think the Friday night show in may had the magic numbers perform the encore with close your eyes.  I think this is where the live 05 ep recording is from
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Its definitely one of the december showings, since UTI has the reversed IDM beat, and the Hoops drumline is present, as well as chemical beats being in the place of Elektrobank and HTL as the encore (or was it got glint?, I'm away from the archive atm)
So most likely it's a november or december show.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

If I recall, I think it was one of their concerts they did from multiple nights at the same venue, so it was hard to narrow down to an exact night. Was it Brixton Academy?

It's definitely different from the Live '05 since you can hear (strangely) both the later distorted riff for Hoops but also the guitar and Association sample (unless two recordings were overlapped) on the Live EP.

I thought december Brixton shows had Wonders of The Deep
Hi Kevin!

100% not December because of wonders of the deep and problem/question added into that short tour

99% this was recorded on 26th May as it not a march set because on the inclusion of morning lemon in this set. And it's not from the 27th May because the encor included the magic numbers, unless it was edited out which would not make much sense
Last Edit: Apr 27, 2023, 17:22 by sneakerbeater

I presume it's that 2 part ("disc") file with a full set.
Please log in to view this attachment.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 27, 2023, 23:23
I would LOVE to obtain this file, I've never heard about it either...

From what I've read the run of December shows had Problem/Question replace Hoops outright and did have Wonders Of The Deep in the intro, so this could've been anywhere between August and November...speculating though

That being said, I would love to hear this recording!!! Had a project I wanted to do for a while centered around the 2005 tour  ;)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I think this live set was made available on the main chemical brothers web site back in the day as a stream. I certainly was made available at some point from an official source. Can anyone remember?

I kinda struggling with the fact that the push the button era was 18 years ago! How did that happen? probably the most active forum year that year.

Quote from: Csar on Apr 27, 2023, 23:23
oh damn, mine was 1 file saying Live @ London xx.xx.2005
Does yours have better audio quality?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

These are 192 kbit/s, so I don't think they're any better. I suppose your one file is just a merged one.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 28, 2023, 17:44
These are 192 kbit/s, so I don't think they're any better. I suppose your one file is just a merged one.
Possibly, tho mine's got a weird random sweeping noise during star guitar.
mind if I get a copy?

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Apr 28, 2023, 10:13
I think this live set was made available on the main chemical brothers web site back in the day as a stream. I certainly was made available at some point from an official source. Can anyone remember?

I kinda struggling with the fact that the push the button era was 18 years ago! How did that happen? probably the most active forum year that year.
That's what I kinda remember too, or if it wasn't on the official website, it was shared by the Chemical HQ from whatever source it came from. Maybe a radio or something ?

@Ben_j, BTW your archive is down for some time ((
Hi Kevin!