Where Do I Begin?

2023/03/23-26 - Festival Estéreo Picnic, Colombia

Started by nekoland, Oct 11, 2022, 14:24

Previous topic - Next topic
https://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/

Confirmed date in South America. I'm praying to all the gods for a gig in Argentina.

I'm joining you in your prayer. Have you seen the line up? Moderat and Jamie XX are playing too

Nice to see them in South America again! Taking in account the timeline, this will surely trigger heavy rumors for Coachella, too.

Hope they answer your prayers and get to Argentina. Is there any other festival capable of booking them outside of Lollapalooza?

Quote from: ceciliass on Oct 11, 2022, 16:05

I'm joining you in your prayer. Have you seen the line up? Moderat and Jamie XX are playing too

Yes! amazing line up! I can't believe Blink 182 is coming... My 2002 me is so happy haha

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 11, 2022, 16:53

Nice to see them in South America again! Taking in account the timeline, this will surely trigger heavy rumors for Coachella, too.

Hope they answer your prayers and get to Argentina. Is there any other festival capable of booking them outside of Lollapalooza?

Yes, there is another festival near... 2 or 3 weeks after Lollapalooza. It's a national band festival, but this year Gorillaz was in it.

It's going to be 8 years from the last time they came to Argentina... when Ed returned in 2015 after his study break. They may come alone, I hope so... there is currently a very high demand for shows in Argentina (Coldplay will do 10 shows in a stadium of almost 70,000 people next month) I will wait a couple of months for a possible tour... if not, I will prepare a trip to Colombia or elsewhere. I need to see them live again.

ps: they liked a comment of mine on instagram asking them to come to Argentina. I want to believe

I made the comment somewhere in another thread that Tom and Ed haven't done there usual South American Getaway as of recent (I was referring to their normal stop in Chile). Coachella April 14-16 & 21-23 weekends. Likely to see more South (and possibly North) American dates. Have Tom and Ed played Coachella since the extension to the two weekends?

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: ceciliass on Oct 11, 2022, 16:05

Welcome to the forum, Ceciliass! Hope everything works out and the stars align for you guys!
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2022, 18:31 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on Oct 11, 2022, 20:21

I made the comment somewhere in another thread that Tom and Ed haven't done there usual South American Getaway as of recent (I was referring to their normal stop in Chile). Coachella April 14-16 & 21-23 weekends. Likely to see more South (and possibly North) American dates. Have Tom and Ed played Coachella since the extension to the two weekends?

They've not done Coachella since 2011 (they had to cut short). Coachella has changed so much it doesn't suit them nearly as much as it used to, they demand a high slot which are reserved generally for very new artists at Coachella. Definitely could happen though, long overdue a return
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: nekoland on Oct 11, 2022, 14:24

https://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/

Confirmed date in South America. I'm praying to all the gods for a gig in Argentina.

Lollapalooza Brasil will happen around the same time and also have Blink-182, Billie Eillish, Tame Impala, Drake and Jamie xx on the lineup.
No Brothers, at least for now... :/

Just get yourself high.

The Estéreo Picnic show is not on the website anymore... could it be a mistake? https://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/live

Quote from: nekoland on Jan 16, 2023, 17:16
The Estéreo Picnic show is not on the website anymore... could it be a mistake?
Its still on Estereo Picnic's site so looks to still be happening to me

This screengrab from 1st dec doesn't show it either - so looks like they forgot to ever add it - https://web.archive.org/web/20221201142529/https://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/live

Several shows last year never got added either
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Anecdote, I was talking to a Colombian student I work with back in December about the festival. I mentioned that chems were headlining and they said were hyped for them and Billie Eilish. Shame about Billie, but at least proud they were hyped for Tom and Ed.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

3 weeks away for the kickoff of 2023 touring, and no signs of new music being released before then.

I suppose we can expect a similar set to 2022?

Hi guys!

Last time I wrote here was in 2015 when we had the first live gig of the Chemical Brothers in Colombia :) time really flies, I was just 18 years old at the time

I'm so excited to see Tom and Ed again!! They were scheduled for the 2020 edition of the Estéreo Picnic Festival but it was cancelled because of the pandemic. Tomorrow's gonna be a very important date for me, I'm just expecting a lot of surprises for this 2023 kickoff touring. I just hope they play the encore with Private Psychedelic Reel, altough it's kinda unlikely since this is a festival date. What do you guys think? Could I count on luck?  ;D

Quote from: outechre on Mar 24, 2023, 22:33
Hi guys!

Last time I wrote here was in 2015 when we had the first live gig of the Chemical Brothers in Colombia :) time really flies, I was just 18 years old at the time

I'm so excited to see Tom and Ed again!! They were scheduled for the 2020 edition of the Estéreo Picnic Festival but it was cancelled because of the pandemic. Tomorrow's gonna be a very important date for me, I'm just expecting a lot of surprises for this 2023 kickoff touring. I just hope they play the encore with Private Psychedelic Reel, altough it's kinda unlikely since this is a festival date. What do you guys think? Could I count on luck?  ;D

Hey, have a great show! Its got to feel special knowing you're the first show of 2023. 

Please come back with a review, you know we would love to hear about a setlist!

What do you guys think?

We brothers, sisters and siblings think that we need all information you can give us about the gig.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 26, 2023, 12:58
We brothers, sisters and siblings think that we need all information you can give us about the gig.
I second that motion

From the snippets the Brothers postet on Instagram, i can hear they've played Dig Your Own Hole in what i think sounds like a re-edited version. And they've used parts of the No Reason visuals for HBHG which looks superdopefantastic2000³.
no idea, no idea

What do you guys think?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 26, 2023, 12:58
Quote from: Stefan on Mar 26, 2023, 13:58
I second that motion

I third that (e)motion. First gig of 2023. With great fortune (to see them first in 2023), comes great responsibilty...to report back afterwards.

Looking at all the insta stories that the Chems have re-grammed (or is that "re-storied"?) we can see that they had all the bells and whistles there:
George & Mildred for the acid mash-up
Disco balls for GTKO
Balloon-balls for Escape Velocity (not Saturate)

Other things spotted:
Go
Eve of Destruction
No Reason transitioning to HBHG (@pumisher !)
Sporty DYOH visuals
BRB
Dreaming (still with the recycled Benedict Wong visuals)

And the visuals of three cute toy robots (i.e not George & Mildred). The audio doesn't seem immediately familiar to me. Is it a transition or am I just having a "blonde" moment? It may be something obvious.
EDIT: It seems to be a transition into Temptation/Star Guitar from...something(?).

From first glances it looks  like it might be similar to Portola. At the time of writing, Portola is the most recent Chems setlist on setlist fm.

PS I started this post before Pumisher's post above.

Last Edit: Mar 26, 2023, 16:04 by Wolkenkrabber Reason: insta added
IT'S MORNING TIME!