Who's Hungry?

U.K. 2023 Tour

Started by nalaknip, Mar 27, 2023, 08:59

Previous topic - Next topic
@hubie: Interesting, I'd always thought that croud density is worst up front because people keep pushing towards the stage. But in most Chems gigs in the past years, there was always a bit of space to dance around. Only realy exeption I remember is Zürich Open Air 2016, where the crowd started poging throughout Swoon and did a mosh pit during Star Guitar.

Quote from: instantreigen on Nov 06, 2023, 09:52
Even if I had a billion words they still would not be enough to explain what I felt and still am feeling after their show in London. This was my first time seeing them live, I got to the very front with two friends I made on the forum and the discord and it felt as if I knew them forever. The crowd was so vastly different from every other concert I've been to, no one is pushing onto you, everyone is so respectful and there to enjoy the moment. The show itself was phenomenal, unlike anything I've ever seen before. I've seen ChemBros videos, movies, Coachella all online, but this was something else. I felt high while sober as a judge, and at a certain point I felt I lost all control of my body. I was aware my dancing was weird, I probably looked like I was having a stoke, but that was what felt right and what the music made me do. I believe Ed waved at me and pointed at my friend, it feels so surreal seeing someone you looked up to for so long for the very first time, I was thinking, my God, they're real and they're up there and I see them and they see me and my friends and everyone else and we're all in here seeing each other and feeling the love. My feet were numb from various sightseeing and city exploration I've done on the day before and just hours before the concert, but I still had it in me to dance and give it my all.

I don't want to sound pretentious, but I believe this show was a pivotal event in my life. I just got back to Berlin, and I'm already yearning for more. I'm yearning for my community, the friends I made along the way, the sense of belonging. I'm aware that I am not very aware of the full scope of it quite yet, but something just clicked that night. Without a doubt the best day of my life this far.

I love being a Chemical Sibling  :partyG
Oh my, oh my goodness WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE :D  ;D  What a show to have experienced seeing the Chems for the first time! I echo @Stefan, the first time is so special and I love reading about how you connected with everything and everyone around you. It's pure magic when it all clicks into place and it's a high you'll be chasing for years to come. Until the next one. ❤️ You'll be basking in the afterglow for days, hehe! There's no other party like the Chemical Brothers. Thank you for sharing this with us.  :)

And I'm just loving reading all the reviews and thoughts, and for gathering up videos too. Stuff like this is so cool to read!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 06, 2023, 19:33
@hubie: Interesting, I'd always thought that croud density is worst up front because people keep pushing towards the stage. But in most Chems gigs in the past years, there was always a bit of space to dance around. Only realy exeption I remember is Zürich Open Air 2016, where the crowd started poging throughout Swoon and did a mosh pit during Star Guitar.
At a lot of shows especially with a generally older crowd you get signifcant 'crowd crust'

We were on the right (facing stage) around 20-30m back from the stage and had a lot of room (also arrived later than i'd have wanted), good crowd round us too - no talkers!!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 06, 2023, 19:33

Yeah it seems counter-intuitive doesn't it. Oh and a mosh pit during Star Guitar is SO Chemical Brothers, I love it  :))

Couple of shots from London on Saturday...
Music's killing me, music's killing me.

I should also share my pics here sometime soon - need to get them on my laptop for that. In the meantime, here's a little something I made this afternoon :) Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: instantreigen on Nov 08, 2023, 18:07
I should also share my pics here sometime soon - need to get them on my laptop for that. In the meantime, here's a little something I made this afternoon :) Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.
Those Polaroids look ace!! 🤙
Music's killing me, music's killing me.

Usually not a fan of kids being on social media but this is kinda cute. Must have been the youngest fan I've come across at a Chems gig. Kudos to the parents who took him there!

"I waited ages for this moment, and it's finally come"  ;D

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 08, 2023, 23:04
Usually not a fan of kids being on social media but this is kinda cute. Must have been the youngest fan I've come across at a Chems gig. Kudos to the parents who took him there!

"I waited ages for this moment, and it's finally come"  ;D

Oh my god! OK. This kid is rad. I watched through to the end and it did not disappoint :D He's funny and he's just the cutest. Loved his comments and his shots of the visuals and crowd. Nails it. Got to love how awestruck and how genuinely moved he was during some parts. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

The kids reaction at 15:08 for EV drop. "Oh. My. God!" 
Priceless 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I'm still not emotionally over that tour and particularly the last show...met some amazing people who have instantly become amazing friends...

Along with the incredible love I felt at the Dublin show for my 50th I can only conclude that the crew, fans and Tom n Ed are just the most special amazing people in music...
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

:luv

So happy for you, @chemdup ! Warms my heart to read that. Bonding moments are the greatest.

Somebody recorded the London show, if you wanna go back down memory lane!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)