Push the Button

2023 Live Shows

Started by Csar, Oct 15, 2022, 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm also keepig my eyes on them, but so far, the gig in Ireland and maybe the Cardiff Bay are the only non-festival?

If their last big tour years (2011, 2015/16, 2018/19) are any indication, there will be many more dates to follow, so I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 31, 2022, 20:05
Disappointing to see the window of availability, especially during early spring in The Americas, slowly closing.

Coachella taking an unusual amount of time to announce compared to recent years (or maybe I'm just numbed by the Covid era), they must be hung up with their headliners.

Well, here's me hoping we see another date in the US in 2023.

Early-mid January is the standard Coachella announcement time, with other US festivals following in the fortnight after. Should be any day now really

----

Definitely more shows to come, plenty of festivals have yet to announce any names!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 31, 2022, 20:05
Coachella taking an unusual amount of time to announce compared to recent years (or maybe I'm just numbed by the Covid era), they must be hung up with their headliners.
maybe I'm jaded from so many years of impatiently waiting for it, but isn't it still early? mid January is what I recall being normal. then that one year we had to wait until February - that was agonizing.

It could be I remember the headliners being leaked way ahead of time... I feel like I remember having a conversation with someone interested in Coachella at Christmas time within the last few years, and talking about how the lineup was already out and how I barely knew any of the artists. I'll admit, I probably was drinking that night, and clarity isn't a strong-suit for me as I've gotten older... :P

Anyways, I hope the Chems are on it.

it does appear some recent years were announced as early as Jan 2nd. I must be out of touch.

The tickets go on sale Friday i've heard and theres a ticket page loaded up somewhere (AXS maybe?) so should come today / tonight

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1618505265367638017

Finland! That's pretty exciting! I would create a thread, but I don't know if there is any Finnish fans with us.

Yay, nice to see them again here in Finland after a while.
Oh, and at least one finnish fan here

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 26, 2023, 07:22
Finland! That's pretty exciting! I would create a thread, but I don't know if there is any Finnish fans with us.
Oh please, go ahead, Bosco!

Quote from: Heads on Jan 26, 2023, 07:23
Terve, Heads! Welcome to the forum. So cool to see all these fans from around the world. If you go, it would be nice to read a review.
By the way, do you happen to know when it was the last time the Chems were in Finland?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 26, 2023, 09:03
Oh please, go ahead, Bosco!
Terve, Heads! Welcome to the forum. So cool to see all these fans from around the world. If you go, it would be nice to read a review.
By the way, do you happen to know when it was the last time the Chems were in Finland?
Thanks! Been lurking for years though.
Planning to go for sure, so will do.
I think they were booked for the same festival back in 2020. The last time was Flow Festival back in 2010 during the Further tour.

Quote from: Heads on Jan 26, 2023, 07:23
Yay, nice to see them again here in Finland after a while.
Hey! I spoke too soon. Welcome!!! You guys have a lovely looking country, I hope to visit one day.

Another French gig coming up

Charleville-Mézières, August 18.
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1620740160056098816?cxt=HHwWgIDUldWlg
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2023, 13:29 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Best Kept Secret festival with Aphex Twin and others

Tom and Ed have also added new live dates for 2023, with more to be announced next week

Was included in the Chems HQ email today about Valentine sale on  merch

Saw that. Only one I might speculate on is Fuji Rock taking place July 28 - 30 which is still open on the Summer calendar. They just announced 1st lineup this week. However, might not be considering the other dates generally have a two week window between which could be for logistics planning.

Would love to see additional North America shows around Coachella. And you know my thoughts on Canadian dates (even after Osheaga '19)

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 10, 2023, 18:11
Tom and Ed have also added new live dates for 2023, with more to be announced next week
...when they announce new music (right?).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 10, 2023, 20:11
...when they announce new music (right?).

I'm thinking yes. Glastonbury is probably the new date to be announced, and what better way to hype that gig with a new single...

I mean, I thought this would happen with the Coachella announcement, but coinciding news with a premiere regional friendly event, is probably the way to go.

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 10, 2023, 18:36
Saw that. Only one I might speculate on is Fuji Rock taking place July 28 - 30 which is still open on the Summer calendar. They just announced 1st lineup this week. However, might not be considering the other dates generally have a two week window between which could be for logistics planning.

Would love to see additional North America shows around Coachella. And you know my thoughts on Canadian dates (even after Osheaga '19)

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 10, 2023, 23:41
I'm thinking yes. Glastonbury is probably the new date to be announced, and what better way to hype that gig with a new single...

I mean, I thought this would happen with the Coachella announcement, but coinciding news with a premiere regional friendly event, is probably the way to go.
Fuji Rock already has all its headliners / sub headliners. Unless someone drops out I don't think theres really space for Chems there.

I have heard info on Glastonbury - someone told me Other Headline (their usual spot), but I am not too convinced. It seems all the acts doing that slot are already locked in (some combination of The Prodigy, Sam Smith, Fred Again and Wizkid - maybe QOTSA too). They played very recently it just seems unlikely - its a bit of a dull booking (obviously well up for it myself, but grand scheme its dull) and the album won't even be out before the festival (I heard October).

Other option is back for the missed DJ set but they said after Printworks no more dj sets for a while so this leaves me a bit stumped.

Boardmasters in the UK could be a shout, they have two indie headliners at the moment and usually have a dance/rap headliner and chems have played it before.

From todays email

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS LIVE AT THE SANTA BARBARA BOWL ON APRIL 16TH
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS LIVE AT THE WAMU THEATRE ON APRIL 18TH
There's our answer for extra America shows....but so close to Canada...

I think Seattle is a possible for me, but no for Santa Barbara considering I'll be down for Coachella week 2.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Overmono is a great support too - shame they aren't live! Saw them 3 times last year, killed it everytime.