Listen to Your Heart

What really grinds my gears!

Started by ThePumisher, Sep 01, 2015, 09:04

Previous topic - Next topic
New one's a bit threatening... :o
IT'S MORNING TIME!

True, this one is much more friendly  :)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Going to Work on sundays. And if that ain't bad enough, it's really evil if the company calls you on a saturday evening to tell you that you don't have to be there sometime around noon (which they have told me on friday) but now at 6:30 a.m.
I could puke in four different directions at the same time right now
no idea, no idea

Can't find my We Are The Night CD anywhere. Seriously - what the...
no idea, no idea

"I can't even".
...What? Finish the sentence? Try. Go on.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 14, 2015, 20:02

Going to Work on sundays. And if that ain't bad enough, it's really evil if the company calls you on a saturday evening to tell you that you don't have to be there sometime around noon (which they have told me on friday) but now at 6:30 a.m.
I could puke in four different directions at the same time right now

I'm doing  that right now. I got called in becasue someone just got canned ( fired) I'm the only that can fill the shift. And today was my only day off this week :(  I hate management!

I got a few hours left though. Wasting time reading the the Live section  of the forum :)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Drivers who don't indicate.

I wholeheartedly want every single person who doesn't indicate to die a horrific death in front of all their loved ones.

F**k them.

It's right there where your hands are. You could accidentally turn the blinkers on, but instead you make the dickhead assumption that everyone will know where you're going.

F**k you and your family and your friends and your pets and your local baker and your gym buddies and your college professors and your childhood neighbors and your stupid f**king driving instructor.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 21, 2016, 21:48

Drivers who don't indicate.

I wholeheartedly want every single person who doesn't indicate to die a horrific death in front of all their loved ones.

F**k them.

Yep. I had to run out of the way of a car that decided to turn left tonight as I was walking home. No indicator.  Cunt.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

People who take up the whole sidewalk with 1+ other people and they all refuse to move over when 1 person is passing them in the opposite direction.

The worst is when you confront them and they get pissed at you. I do not get it.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nokia Music Ovi Music Nokia MixRadio MixRadio is going to be shut down  :'(

Damn, that was the best music app i've been using on my lumias in ages  >:(

no idea, no idea

I think a lot of people in some parts of germany don't know how to vote (afd wtf?).
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 14, 2016, 00:05

I think a lot of people in some parts of germany don't know how to vote (afd wtf?).
I hear you! But I'm confident that with results like these, they will eventually show in the everyday routine of politics what they're really up to and that they have nothing but quick "solutions" and short lived promises for simple minded people. If you haven't already, watch this documentary about the Brandenburg AFD fraction and you'll see what I mean. They're nothing but a joke. A big one.

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Dokumentation-und-Reportage/AfD-Populismus-als-Alternative/rbb-Fernsehen/Video?bcastId=3822114&documentId=31568898
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 11, 2016, 18:13

Nokia Music Ovi Music Nokia MixRadio MixRadio is going to be shut down  :'(

Damn, that was the best music app i've been using on my lumias in ages  >:(

DAMN IT! http://360.here.com/2016/03/15/important-information-about-here-apps-on-windows-phone/
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 01, 2015, 09:04

- That i can't print on CD/DVDs anymore after upgrading to Windows 10. HP says my printer (Photosmart D5460) is fully compatible, but i say it's not. Latest drivers are from last year...
How y'all finding Windows 10 now? Friends & aquaintances of mine are still avoiding it, as am I. But that's probably due to a case of general luddism/fear rather than based on knowledge.

Windows are now turning the red X in the top right corner of the Windows 10 popup into an ACCEPT rather than a dismiss response. As per this article, amongst others. However the article goes on to say that Windows 10 actually isn't fucking up. Fair point?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Wouldn't switch back. HP finaly release some proper drivers and now everything is fine. Drunk right now.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 25, 2016, 21:16

How y'all finding Windows 10 now? Friends & aquaintances of mine are still avoiding it, as am I. But that's probably due to a case of general luddism/fear rather than based on knowledge.

Windows are now turning the red X in the top right corner of the Windows 10 popup into an ACCEPT rather than a dismiss response. As per this article, amongst others. However the article goes on to say that Windows 10 actually isn't fucking up. Fair point?

I just build a new computer... and I put Windows 7 on it.

Maybe it's my bad laptop, but after a year Windows 10 has gone from being 7 plus 8's good stuff, to a giant pain in the ass. Windows Explorer crashing constantly. Start Menu and search, occasionally the entire taskbar failing, and every month or so it disables my soundcard. It did this once mid-Skype call. Maybe my laptop has a few issues but Win10 should be compatible with my hardware regardless, especially with its supposedly amazing automatic driver updates. which I believe are what's crashing my soundcard anyway. All that plus updates that restore your personalized settings to defaults, and force themselves upon you, often unexpectedly, like at 3am when I have an unsaved assignment open and an alarm set to wake me up in the morning (okay, the unsaved assignment might be my fault, but believing your computer isn't going to automatically reboot itself without asking is a _reasonable_ expectation, more reasonable when you've been up for 24 hours and are falling asleep mid sentence). I did finally find the option to shut off automatic updates, but they're still obnoxious. There's also a few pieces of hardware I use that are incompatible or glitchy when used with Windows 10.

I don't think preferring 7 has anything to do with being a luddite. Win10 makes it unbelievably difficult to take actual control over your computer. For users who don't want to care about running their computer, don't want to be responsible for updating the OS and drivers, and don't want to see any complicated settings, Win10 is alright (so are Macs). But I know my stuff, so using Win10 is like owning a car with the hood welded shut. So much happier I'm back to a PC running 7.

Speaking of building a new computer - he's a speedy blue and black mid-tower named Burst Generator! Hoping to put a WATN themed design on the side opposite the window, I'll post pics if successful.
Never for money, always for love.

I have it from day one and had zero problems with it, no crashes&stuff, providing you have fairly good configuration and not hardware from 90's.
As Pumisher, I wouldn't switch back. Also, older windows are not nice to us gamers, I remember bentchmarking same game on win7 and 10, and win10 gave me around 7fps more than win7.
I never looked back from there :)

Quote from: sandelic on May 26, 2016, 09:17

I have it from day one and had zero problems with it, no crashes&stuff, providing you have fairly good configuration and not hardware from 90's.
??? See this is where I'm scratching my head, because I have a 2 year old laptop that was ~$600 new running 10. It did ship with 8, and I've heard anecdotal evidence that upgraded systems (especially ones with 8 ) fuck up more often than freshly installed ones.

I agree, if you game a lot, Win10 is probably worth it. The most taxing thing I do anymore is Civ 5 though, and a solid state + superclocked 950 + Xeon 1231 + 16gb ram is more than enough for me and my sub 4k monitors.
Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 15:55 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

From my experience, it's not anecdotal. Upgraded system are often less stable than fresh installs. I upgraded to 10, downloaded free copy of 10 and made a fresh install from stick, I think same day, so have little experience with upgraded win8 to 10.
I guess/hope that eliminated most of the stability problem.
Btw, my post above should have win8 instead of win7, I guess I was still sleepy when I wrote that  ;D
Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 17:21 by sandelic

I've been using Win10 only since yesterday. I decided to finally test it on my other HDD as I activated some of my unused win7/8 licenses last year that I acquired during my sutdent days when we could get free licenses through the MSDNAA program. To avoid any troubles, I downloaded the latest iso and installed it clean with my old license keys which went pretty smoothly. So far, everything seems to run properly* on my 10 year old machine. I deactivated all the personal snoop features and deleted the diagtrack service that, by default, can't be fully deactivated in the privacy section.
And while we're at it, that's one of the major points that really bugs me about this "new" OS. Everything is set on "spy" and you would have to opt-out for everything that concerns your privacy. Granted, they gave it away for free and there are compromises that go along with this deal. But it is kind of disturbing how tightly all those features work together, exchanging information and send it to MS. And when you think you're done by deactivating all those privacy invading services over the course of the win10 installation, you're horribly mistaken. There are tons of other services that are turned on that try to gather information about you and your habits. Even after your system got updated it is worth checking the privacy settings again as some of them are reset to default enabling them to spy on you again without letting you know.

Another thing that's sort of unnerving is the cancellation of certain features that were available in older versions of windows which made really sense with regards to usability. For instance, in the new version, wnen you try to adjust text size for your system there are only 6 categories left that win10 allows you to change. In the good old days you could click on visual examples of what you want to change (e.g. window text, frame size, min/max button size, menu text etc.) and you instantly knew what category you were affecting because you could immediatly see the result. These days, you need to do a trial/error just to see what gets changed and you can't change all the things you want but 6 given categories. Thus, for me to make the bookmark text in my browser larger I need to scale up my system text size to 100+x%. It does the trick but everything else also gets enlarged which can result in occasionally somewhat blurred context menus from other software manufacturers, e.g. when you install a program.
Another thing that I dislike so far is the style inconsitency. It seems MS is still working on a unified design language but rushed things a little after their win8 desaster. There are still lots of style "relicts" from older versions that are mixed with the new CD (which I also don't really fancy, all those flat buttons, sliders, low-or-non-existing-contrast of menus etc.). In addition to this design clutter, it is often a pain to find things you want to change. For example when you want to change the aforementioned text size, you would have to click through poorly described link after link underneath the main settings on the new styled win10 settings pages just to find what you look for.
It's a mess. I don't get why they had to make it so difficult and why they had to remove useful features from previous versions that really made sense.

*as I'm typing this, my display driver crashed, haha, swell  ::).

PS, I deleted that annoying GWX.exe (KB3035583) from my win7 machine so I won't have to bother with this enervating pop-up box which MS forces upon everyone who still has the audacity to not having upgraded yet.
Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 21:53 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)