Just Remember ... to Fall In Love!

What really grinds my gears!

Started by ThePumisher, Sep 01, 2015, 09:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, then we just keep changing it to a CD-Maxi or EP until the pedants give up.
Never for money, always for love.

I'm down.

Though I'd rather not get banned. If that is a possible outcome. Despite this escapade I do thoroughly rely on Discogs for cataloging and hunting.

[EDIT] Done.

Also, according to the Discogs guidelines - a reference to prove what format a release is can include "generally regarded as such by independent sources (fan sites, music industry publications etc)".
We probably only need a couple of people on this clearly established fan site to agree that it is a split single and then they can quit their bullshit.

[EDIT²] Just reading the guidelines for whether a release is regarded as promotional. Even if it says on the cover or there is a one sheet attached, it is still to be considered as a retail version... That's absurd. Who voted on these rules!?
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 20:25 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

All those fucking bastards who voted for AfD.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 25, 2017, 07:02

All those fucking bastards who voted for AfD.
You know, the "worried" citizen is rampant these days. The only good take-away from this situation is, they now have show what they really got (which is next to nothing). They've already exhibited great incompetence and inertia at the Federal State level. You'll find me amazed if they'll be able to accomplish anything constructive.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I watch a lot of Twitch. My adblock used to deal with the ads but now they embed it straight into the video feed so it's a lot more complicated to avoid. I also don't mind that it supports the streamers I watch, as I watch them A LOT and don't subscribe.

Here's my problem. The ads themselves repeat every time. Every ad break it's the same ads. Who is that appealing to? Even fans of Grand Tour must be fed up of hearing Jeremy Clarkson laughing every 20 minutes. And I'm certainly not going to go check out any of the games they keep shoving down my throat each time.
I get that I probably wouldn't have checked them out in the first place and so the ads aren't targeted towards me, but again, I have to ask who they are targeting when the repetition becomes the defining feature of the commercial. Sure, someone might remember that they heard about the Under Armor Steph Curry shoe but wont they also remember that the details about that shoe were hurled at them 50 times a day? Wouldn't that put most people off? Am I missing the point? Am I old? Do I need to buy some Steph Curry shoes?

Hey Enjoyed, could you give me a sample link where that happens? I'd like to check it out with my addons.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The repetition is most prominent on the big time streamer channels
for example (he's normally on late at night), or any of the current most viewed people playing League of Legends.
They have some control over when the ads get played too. So they can save them up for when they're between games.

Otherwise try any top viewed channel on Twitch right now, you should find ads.

6 Words: Logan F***ing Paul's suicide forest video.
I mean seriously, Why- lemme rephrase that, HOW are these Idiots famous. I lost someone close to me through Suicide, its not a joke. what ever happened to celebrity roll model, now all people have to do to become famous is talk shit and beat up people and then they're famous. Logan Paul & his dumb-ass brother is the reason why I had 3 kindergartners call me the N-word & racist Mexican slurs on the bus when I was still in High school. I'm never the kind of person to wish harm on people but this is what happens when parents dont beat their kids folks.
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018, 06:22 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 05, 2018, 00:53

The repetition is most prominent on the big time streamer channels
for example (he's normally on late at night), or any of the current most viewed people playing League of Legends.
They have some control over when the ads get played too. So they can save them up for when they're between games.

Otherwise try any top viewed channel on Twitch right now, you should find ads.
Ah, I see. The streams I clicked so far had just one ad right at the beginning before it starts. Do they pop up throughout too like on YT? I perhaps didn't stay long enough to get other ads.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 05, 2018, 10:12

Ah, I see. The streams I clicked so far had just one ad right at the beginning before it starts. Do they pop up throughout too like on YT? I perhaps didn't stay long enough to get other ads.

Yeah. And League wise, it'll be after a match has finished or sometimes during queue up. It can be one ad sometimes (in which case it tends to be the same one each time) or it'll be a 3 minute 'ad break' with the same 5 or 6 commercials every time.
I wouldn't invest too much time into seeing what I'm talking about. After all, I can recite each advert for you off by heart if you really need.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 05, 2018, 16:34

Yeah. And League wise, it'll be after a match has finished or sometimes during queue up. It can be one ad sometimes (in which case it tends to be the same one each time) or it'll be a 3 minute 'ad break' with the same 5 or 6 commercials every time.
I wouldn't invest too much time into seeing what I'm talking about. After all, I can recite each advert for you off by heart if you really need.

Like you said, since it's incorporated into the stream, regular adblockers likely won't have any effect. I looked up google and stumbled upon this site where they talk about that issue and discuss different methods. Among them they suggest to use your browser's integrated html console to try to delete the ad-layer. I've got to test it myself and stay a little longer to see if this works or whether further commercials still pop up.
— Aurora (The Seed)

• You hear song on the radio
• You shazam it
• Shazam finds the song fast as fuck
• You shazam it again, just to be sure
• Shazsm identifies it as a different track
• Again - again different track
• Shazam it about ten to fifteen times
• Always a different track
• Song ends
• Shazam was always wrong
• Station has no playlist
• station didn't respond to mails
• sadness
no idea, no idea

^ Can...can you describe it? Cos I want to know what it was now too!

Other idea: presumably all the results it gave you are in "my shazam". What if you play each of those results out of your computer and shazam them with your phone? Maybe one of the answers will be the track you were originally trying to shazam.

Or: next time it happens, record a bit of it on the voice recorder on your phone. Then either (a) shazam it with another device as much as you want, or (b) stick the audio on the forum and see if anyone knows it.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

What really grinds my gears... planning to go drive my sister, me and some friends to her garden to help her cut some trees and stuff on a weekend and before any of this could happen find our car being ripped off its gps radio unit.. They gladly did it without doing any phyiscal harm to the vehicle itself, but damn, it looks gutted. I hope they're appreciating the awesome music I had on that SD card that was still in there!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 23, 2018, 22:31

What really grinds my gears... planning to go drive my sister, me and some friends to her garden to help her cut some trees and stuff on a weekend and before any of this could happen find our car being ripped off its gps radio unit.. They gladly did it without doing any phyiscal harm to the vehicle itself, but damn, it looks gutted. I hope they're appreciating the awesome music I had on that SD card that was still in there!
I cant tell if you're saying it was removed legally or someone stole it. if it was stolen you could report it and they could easily track it (it is using satalite).
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Yeah, they stole it. We called the police that secured the evidence and we'll inform our insurer later today about it. I don't think it's trackable via satellite because it was an older generation unit but the officer said they might be able to track the serial number if they find units through raids or otherwise. However, I doubt we'll ever see it again and we'll have to get a new one.
— Aurora (The Seed)

That you shouldn't put a teflon pan into a dishwasher
no idea, no idea

Everytime I wanna buy Donuts out of my money, My mom has to go and buy them for me. Here's why I hate it when she does it.

1. She tends to buy more for her and my stepfather than for me and my sister (even though my sister's lactose Intolerant now)
2 they dont eat the leftovers the next morning.
3. I know what everybody wants,and she doesn't.
4. they eats the ones I like, even if I'm the only one who likes the kind of donuts.
5. she buys jelly filled, I can't have Jelly.
6. She buys Honey Glazed Donuts for the extra discount, even though nobody in this family wants anything to do with Glazed...
7. combining 2,5,and 6 together; this results in 3-5 wasted donuts that gets thrown out the next evening.
8. I always have Coupons, and she never asks.

I love my mom but Everytime I offer to buy something she always tries to 1 up me everytime, it never works, and I cant bring myself to tell her she needs to stop doing this.

If it was me, I wouldn't dare to throw away any donuts :D

Perhaps she doesn't do it to bug you, maybe she does it because she doesn't want you to spent your own money and maybe she isn't that aware of all the things you listed above? Have you ever offered her to go shopping donuts with her money? À la " hey, let me do it for you"?

Anyways, the good news is, there will be a time where you'll be able to buy yourself all the donuts that just you want ;)
— Aurora (The Seed)

When stuck with a flavored donut that might not sound appatizing (man, thats hard to conjure), consider this an opportunity to be adventurous with your taste buds. You'll find out later in life, certain things that you liked when you are younger are no longer desirable. I used to think an 'old fashioned' (plain cake) donut had no purpose and only were for Grandpas. Well, here I am at 32 and there's few things in life better than a 'old fashioned' and hot cup of 'Joe' in the morning.

Maybe let your Mom know politely of your plea, and perhaps she'll adapt for a future purchase. You're young, dude. You'll have plenty of time to get the donuts you like at anytime you want.   Until then, let Mom be Mom.

Edit: and I just realized I basically repackaged Csar's post. Sorry bout that Csar.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2018, 01:37 by Bosco