What's this do? As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Fabrik, Madrid 19th November 2022

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Nov 20, 2022, 19:18

Previous topic - Next topic
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1594324751127924738

Below, the intro to last night's DJ set.
From insta story clips that surfaced for Liverpool, I think this is the same opening:
Rising FX faded into Your Love by Jamie Principle (AKA the intro to The Source's orig mix of You Got The Love). That has Jesse Jackson vocals over the top: "Brothers and Sisters I don't know what this world is coming to".
Spoiler
I guess this could give credence to Explud's theory that the Chems are sampling Jesse Jackson at the moment - i.e. on the Space Gospel track. Although in this case we can trace the exact source of the Jesse Jackson sample:
[close]
Your Love is then pitched up and mixed into Go (Edge Of Control dub). Go is then mixed into a track that both Shazam and I are struggling to ID, circa 6:30 . A sort of "basic bitch" groove with some retro sounds here and there. We heard it previously in the first insta clip I posted in the Ibiza thread.
Any opinions on this track?

Also a clip of HBHG (KiNK mix), but there's another track mixed in around 4:30-ish which I can't ID. I notice there's a swooshy, plane sound effect in there which we've previously heard in the Chemical edit of Basa Basa's African Soul Power (which I notice is back in their DJ sets).

And speaking of tracks back in their sets, the "woo, suicide" track that we heard in the Ibiza set (start of the Rock With U clip) popped up again at Liverpool. It kinda sounds like a DJ weapon rather than a proper track, but I think it's a Chemical construction. You can hear a bit of Rock With U in the many Fabrik clips currently on the Chems insta story. But you need to be quick!

Oh, Space Gospel got played again too.

*EDIT*
Slides 2,3,4. What's that? I'm assuming all 3 clips are the same track. Could be wrong about slide 4 though.

EDIT 2: I think slide 4 may be different from slides 2 & 3. I think slides 2 & 3 may be the ass shaker track we heard from Ibiza, which the Chems posted on social media straight afterwards (the tweet is in the Ibiza thread).
Last Edit: Nov 21, 2022, 09:56 by Wolkenkrabber
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Great detective work - just as one small aside the woo suicide track was played at last years dj sets too (Printworks which i attended and i think Warehouse Project was identical, not at fabric though).

Very glad to see the set had changed a decent bit since Ibiza, it doesn't matter was also on one of their stories too so nice to see that back!

Not Miami but a brand new post from Fabrik Madrid. Five slides.
Slide 4 seems to be some old-skool sampling thing (that won't Shazam). Does it fit with some of the other old-skool sampling clips we've heard?
[swooshy sound FX again]

You can hear the "hey" samples from slide 4 at the beginning of Slide 5 (No Reason), so I guess Slide 4 mixed into Slide 5.

EDIT: That's not actually FABRIKs account. The guy who posted that also posted this, which is quite amusing:

Last Edit: Dec 02, 2022, 10:49 by Wolkenkrabber
every day of my life,

The 'yeah, hooh, what'cha say, come on' one?
It does sound, potentially chemical. Seems a little more obvious than I'd expect their sampling to be.
It's the same sample from Lee Coombs' 'Thrust 1', which is a neat connection.

I'd give it a 62% chance overall.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 04, 2022, 19:17

The 'yeah, hooh, what'cha say, come on' one?
It does sound, potentially chemical. Seems a little more obvious than I'd expect their sampling to be.
It's the same sample from Lee Coombs' 'Thrust 1', which is a neat connection.

I'd give it a 62% chance overall.

Ha! Yeah this Roy Ayers track (sampled)

There's that swooshy aeroplane sound effect AGAIN (like in the Chemical edit of African Soul Power). It might be a DJ weapon?
every day of my life,

I knew it would be an embarrassingly easy to find sample, but WhoSampled let me down when I looked there for Coombs. I blame it, and not my lack of knowledge of 70s funk.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning