When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Fabrik, Madrid 19th November 2022

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Nov 20, 2022, 19:18

Previous topic - Next topic
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1594324751127924738

Below, the intro to last night's DJ set.
From insta story clips that surfaced for Liverpool, I think this is the same opening:
Rising FX faded into Your Love by Jamie Principle (AKA the intro to The Source's orig mix of You Got The Love). That has Jesse Jackson vocals over the top: "Brothers and Sisters I don't know what this world is coming to".
Spoiler
I guess this could give credence to Explud's theory that the Chems are sampling Jesse Jackson at the moment - i.e. on the Space Gospel track. Although in this case we can trace the exact source of the Jesse Jackson sample:
Your Love is then pitched up and mixed into Go (Edge Of Control dub). Go is then mixed into a track that both Shazam and I are struggling to ID, circa 6:30 . A sort of "basic bitch" groove with some retro sounds here and there. We heard it previously in the first insta clip I posted in the Ibiza thread.
Any opinions on this track?

Also a clip of HBHG (KiNK mix), but there's another track mixed in around 4:30-ish which I can't ID. I notice there's a swooshy, plane sound effect in there which we've previously heard in the Chemical edit of Basa Basa's African Soul Power (which I notice is back in their DJ sets).  EDIT: The track below from about 4:30 onwards is Mouse by TWR72.

And speaking of tracks back in their sets, the "woo, suicide" track that we heard in the Ibiza set (start of the Rock With U clip) popped up again at Liverpool. It kinda sounds like a DJ weapon rather than a proper track, but I think it's a Chemical construction. You can hear a bit of Rock With U in the many Fabrik clips currently on the Chems insta story. But you need to be quick!

Oh, Space Gospel got played again too.

*EDIT*
Slides 2,3,4. What's that? I'm assuming all 3 clips are the same track. Could be wrong about slide 4 though.

EDIT 2: I think slide 4 may be different from slides 2 & 3. I think slides 2 & 3 may be the ass shaker track we heard from Ibiza, which the Chems posted on social media straight afterwards (the tweet is in the Ibiza thread).
Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 12:55 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Great detective work - just as one small aside the woo suicide track was played at last years dj sets too (Printworks which i attended and i think Warehouse Project was identical, not at fabric though).

Very glad to see the set had changed a decent bit since Ibiza, it doesn't matter was also on one of their stories too so nice to see that back!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Not Miami but a brand new post from Fabrik Madrid. Five slides.
Slide 4 seems to be some old-skool sampling thing (that won't Shazam). Does it fit with some of the other old-skool sampling clips we've heard?
[swooshy sound FX again]

You can hear the "hey" samples from slide 4 at the beginning of Slide 5 (No Reason), so I guess Slide 4 mixed into Slide 5.

EDIT: That's not actually FABRIKs account. The guy who posted that also posted this, which is quite amusing:

Last Edit: Dec 02, 2022, 10:49 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The 'yeah, hooh, what'cha say, come on' one?
It does sound, potentially chemical. Seems a little more obvious than I'd expect their sampling to be.
It's the same sample from Lee Coombs' 'Thrust 1', which is a neat connection.

I'd give it a 62% chance overall.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 04, 2022, 19:17

The 'yeah, hooh, what'cha say, come on' one?
It does sound, potentially chemical. Seems a little more obvious than I'd expect their sampling to be.
It's the same sample from Lee Coombs' 'Thrust 1', which is a neat connection.

I'd give it a 62% chance overall.

Ha! Yeah this Roy Ayers track (sampled)

There's that swooshy aeroplane sound effect AGAIN (like in the Chemical edit of African Soul Power). It might be a DJ weapon?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I knew it would be an embarrassingly easy to find sample, but WhoSampled let me down when I looked there for Coombs. I blame it, and not my lack of knowledge of 70s funk.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning