What's this do? Born In the Echoes

under the influence phrase sample

Started by voxinbrain, Dec 14, 2022, 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello! Does anyone know where the phrase - sample "I was under the influence" which is repeated throughout the "Under the influence" track came from? Thank you!  :music

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 15, 2022, 06:07

Under the influence of drugs.
Hello! Thanks for the link! I read everything from top to bottom, and then from bottom to top, but did not find the right phrase (audio / sample). Could you clarify exactly where it is, if you're not kidding? thanks again!

I seem to remember reading an interview with Brothers in which they said under the influence sample was their friend who was under the influence at the time.
I could be very wrong.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 15, 2022, 10:32

I seem to remember reading an interview with Brothers in which they said under the influence sample was their friend who was under the influence at the time.
I could be very wrong.
Thank you very much, though!  :)

Hi voxinbrain and welcome to the forum!

I'm pretty sure, Enjoyed misunderstood your question being about the origin of the sample rather than the phrase itself.
I can't remember if we've ever talked about that sample here on the forums as we have about other samples. Unless Tom or Ed would get asked about it, I suspect this remains a mystery.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Hello! Yes, it would be great to ask them about it.
Thank you very much and happy holidays if you celebrate! :)

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 15, 2022, 10:32

I could be very wrong.

This is correct, according to my recollection of actual T&E interactions here on the forum.

Thank you very much! You helped me a lot! :)