How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Archive

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2023, 10:50

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm always running into a time out when trying to access the archive =>

No idea since when this happens, just found out yesterday
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2024, 18:42 by Csar
no idea, no idea

It's running by @Ben_j and yes it's been down for a couple of months, idunno why.
Hi Kevin!

I took my server down, it was expensive and not very useful to me anymore.
I still have the forum backup though, so if you have somewhere to host it, I can upload it there.

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 16, 2023, 06:44
I still have the forum backup though, so if you have somewhere to host it, I can upload it there.
Would be nice, i can host it.
Also would be great if you somehow share FTP archives (sets and videos), i can provide SFTP access to some space.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Aug 16, 2023, 07:09
Would be nice, i can host it.
Also would be great if you somehow share FTP archives (sets and videos), i can provide SFTP access to some space.
Send me (s)ftp address/login/password in PM and will upload as soon as I can

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 16, 2023, 06:44

Thanks to @Ben_j, the archive is now online again. Thank you so much!

I managed to get a "back to chembase" button in the index page of the old forum (upper right-hand corner) so you can return here easily. I'm also working on making it mobile friendlier.
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2024, 18:45 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Great to see the archive back. Is there anyway of searching it? There was a post I wrote on there about how cool it would be to see the chemical brothers last ever gig at the Royal Albert Hall
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Apr 05, 2024, 07:09
Great to see the archive back. Is there anyway of searching it? There was a post I wrote on there about how cool it would be to see the chemical brothers last ever gig at the Royal Albert Hall
Unfortunately not in a conventional way. These are all individual html files only without a database so you can't use the search bars neither here nor over there. I'm able to search these files with a program, though, and found this here:
Post #12
https://archive.thechembase.com/index02a7.html

It also spit out another Royal Albert Hall mention in a post made in 2013 by @Ben Glass about a DJ gig they apparently did there... I had not idea they had ever played the RAH before.
Last Edit: Apr 05, 2024, 10:29 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Nice on Csar, post 12 was the one I was looking for!

Yes, I have seen them at The Royal Albert Hall previously for the charlatans/Jon Brookes celebration night, a very moving night. It was not your traditional DJ set that particular night
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Alrighty. After some struggle with that many files and my ancient pc, I finally managed to get it to work. It might not be the prettiest thing to look at but I guess it's functional. Unfortunately, the quick links ("Today", "Yesterday" ..) for the latest posts in the topic index lists for the boards don't work. You would have to access the topic and then click your way to it (if it's a long one).

Anyhoo.. If you want to go down the Forum memory lane from the comfort of your mobile device, you should now be able to.

While I went through the process, I was reading some of the old topics and posts. Man, so much water has gone down the river, it's unbelievable. It made me quite nostalgic. I was also pretty surprised at how long some of you guys have actually been on the boards. Amazing. ( @Enjoyed, is that you there too, registered around 2003?)
Last Edit: Apr 10, 2024, 21:51 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think the best thing we could do is find a technology to convert posts into an existing forum.
Maybe one day, maybe...
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on Apr 10, 2024, 21:23
@Enjoyed, is that you there too, registered around 2003?
That's me! Following hot on the heels of the CWU flash website with all those beautiful colourful trees! 

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

No way! Holy smokes, I was totally oblivious to your being there so early on!! I knew @GLAKO-FAHN , @sneakerbeater , @whirlygirl , @toxic & @Joslyn, @antype. @Mippio were there pre-PTB. Shame on me I forgot about you!

Man, this CWU pic brings back memories. Weren't the colors animated somehow? I want to believe they were... I was a lurker back then and it was always fun going to that landing page before entering the forums.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Explud on Apr 11, 2024, 16:49
I think the best thing we could do is find a technology to convert posts into an existing forum.
Maybe one day, maybe...

that would be quite an amazing achievement to retrofit archived posts. A lot of memories and banter caught in moments with lesser technology and lesser conveniences.

Honestly, I think it's an awesome thing to preserve for the younger fans out there. Obviously, not all fans will drudge through some ancient posts to capture raw fan reaction from back in the day, but I'm sure there's a dedicated few where it could be incredibly resourceful.

I do wish that all Chem fans could converge here on the forum instead of social media platforms. With the understanding that your fandom is more important here, rather than the umbrella of a social media giant.

Anyways, thankful for @Csar and @Explud in continuing to put your time and money(?) into the forum.

Long live theChembase!