Did You Know That We Can Go to Japan?

Bug reports

Started by Csar, Dec 16, 2022, 21:19

Previous topic - Next topic
And now logged out on pc again...

Am i really the only one with this problem? Have this only on the ChemBase-Forum and only since the new theme.
no idea, no idea

I did some edits last night and today and uploaded/ replaced  files. That perhaps could affect your login status, I'm not sure yet. I'll be asking the SMF team if that could be a thing.

So far, I haven't heard from anyone having the same issues like you. But maybe most actively log out before they go, so they would not expect to stay logged in.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 19, 2023, 19:39
I did some edits last night and today and uploaded/ replaced  files. That perhaps could affect your login status, I'm not sure yet.
Then it should be on all devices, but on tablet and phone i'm still logged in.
no idea, no idea

Then I suspect that there's something happening on your end.

One SMF member asks, if you have 2 factor authentification enabled?
And others point to the fact that some browsers may log you out or delete long time cookies automatically for security reasons if the time period is too long.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 20, 2023, 21:39
One SMF member asks, if you have 2 factor authentification enabled?
Yes. Using 2FA on every site and service where it is possible.


Quote from: Csar on Mar 20, 2023, 21:39
And others point to the fact that some browsers may log you out or delete long time cookies automatically for security reasons if the time period is too long.
But why only on this site? I'm using sites i visit every leap year or so and still be logged in
no idea, no idea

Either this is a bug, or I'm badly failing  to attach photo files to post on the forum.

First off,  my iPhone automatically saves my photos as .HEIC files. I convert them to .JPG on my computer but they don't upload properly on the forum. I attempted to upload the original .HEIC files, but the forum converts it to .GIF format, which works, but takes up too much space to upload multiple photos I want to share.

Of course this all could be circumvented with a free online photo hosting website. But I've been out of the loop, and now realize that Photobucket (which I did use long ago) charges a fee.

Anyone have a recommendation?

I use postimages.org.

No muss, no fuss.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 21, 2023, 04:23
I use postimages.org.

No muss, no fuss.
Thank you for that!

At first, the images were all rotated to the right for some reason, and with no editing option available (assume it's available in premium) was about to give up. But I reloaded them and the images are all properly upright.

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 21, 2023, 03:04
Either this is a bug, or I'm badly failing  to attach photo files to post on the forum.

First off,  my iPhone automatically saves my photos as .HEIC files. I convert them to .JPG on my computer but they don't upload properly on the forum. I attempted to upload the original .HEIC files, but the forum converts it to .GIF format, which works, but takes up too much space to upload multiple photos I want to share.

Of course this all could be circumvented with a free online photo hosting website. But I've been out of the loop, and now realize that Photobucket (which I did use long ago) charges a fee.

Anyone have a recommendation?
Hi Bosco. Are you sure your converted files are in the .jpg format rather than .jpeg? I read iOS may use the latter but am not sure if this is the case (not an Apple user). Because, it turned out I had forgotten to add the .jpeg suffix to the allowed attachment file types, so perhaps this tripped up the forum software.

I don't think that heic/heif is currently supported via SMF (could shoot me a heic file so I could test it, please?). But I've now added the format anyway, so please, test it out and let me know what happens. In the worst case, it will get uploaded but not displayed, I guess.

Another neat and free tool you can use is this online converter (which I've been using for the forum stuff quite a bit lately). You not only can convert your images but optimize and crop etc.
https://ezgif.com/heic-to-jpg

Edit:
@ThePumisher
Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 20, 2023, 22:23
Quote from: Csar on Mar 20, 2023, 21:39
One SMF member asks, if you have 2 factor authentification enabled?
I got confirmation that this is indeed some sort of bug on SMF's end and associated with 2FA. So this means it could happen again after a longer period of time (1 or 2 months).
Last Edit: Mar 21, 2023, 20:48 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 21, 2023, 09:32
I got confirmation that this is indeed some sort of bug on SMF's end and associated with 2FA. So this means it could happen again after a longer period of time (1 or 2 months).

There's the answer
no idea, no idea

I'm always running into a time out when trying to access the archive =>


No idea since when this happens, just found out yesterday
no idea, no idea

It's running by @Ben_j and yes it's been down for a couple of months, idunno why.
Hi Kevin!

I took my server down, it was expensive and not very useful to me anymore.
I still have the forum backup though, so if you have somewhere to host it, I can upload it there.

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 16, 2023, 06:44
I took my server down, it was expensive and not very useful to me anymore.
I still have the forum backup though, so if you have somewhere to host it, I can upload it there.
Would be nice, i can host it.
Also would be great if you somehow share FTP archives (sets and videos), i can provide SFTP access to some space.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Aug 16, 2023, 07:09
Would be nice, i can host it.
Also would be great if you somehow share FTP archives (sets and videos), i can provide SFTP access to some space.
Send me (s)ftp address/login/password in PM and will upload as soon as I can

what's going on with the text here? see how it overflows to the right?

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php?msg=33922

Quote from: shakermaker on Sep 07, 2023, 14:36
what's going on with the text here? see how it overflows to the right?

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php?msg=33922
@shakermaker, thanks for the report! Well, it seems the poster had used an unusual tag code around the text and video link that caused some weird formatting. I removed it, should be good now.
Last Edit: Sep 07, 2023, 16:58 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I am banned from the Music Response forum?

Hi @LLG

no, no, you're of course not banned! This happens sometimes to me too and is sort of a "bug" (and a misnomer by SMFs language files I guess). Your browser probably still uses an outdated cache and thinks you're still logged in with your old session info from a previous visit.
Try reloading the page by pressing and holding the reload-arrow of your mobile. If that doesn't help, delete your browser data and try again. Let me know what happens.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)


0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.