I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
I kinda associated the Tie-Dye swag with "The Darkness That You Fear" music video. Along with sweatshirt and t-shirt, they had a Tie-Dye bucket hat, which reminded me of the 90's rave culture, again, as depicted in the TDTYF music video.

Also, this stuff was available in Denver show so it wasn't exclusive to Portola, either.

never mind my theories then!

Just got back from the desert. What a weekend!

Great showing from The Brothers! My friend group got to the stage about 20 minutes before they were set to play. We made it all the way to the right front rail. We spent those 20 minutes talking to some of the people in the crowd. People were hyped! A lot of first timers. Once the show started the crowd erupted and stayed into it the entire show. Coachella has larger vip viewing areas in the front of the stages and that crowd always seems dull but I can assure you the general admission crowd was an absolute party.

Easily one of my favorite shows I have seen of theirs. The energy was incredible. It's all anyone wanted to talk about for the rest of the weekend.

Also for those attending the second weekend please make sure to see Underworld, 2manydjs and the Despacio tent. All were true standouts.

Flying back home to Seattle tomorrow to catch The Brothers at the WAMU!

Quote from: crosscrops on Apr 18, 2023, 05:15
Just got back from the desert. What a weekend!

Great showing from The Brothers! My friend group got to the stage about 20 minutes before they were set to play. We made it all the way to the right front rail. We spent those 20 minutes talking to some of the people in the crowd. People were hyped! A lot of first timers. Once the show started the crowd erupted and stayed into it the entire show. Coachella has larger vip viewing areas in the front of the stages and that crowd always seems dull but I can assure you the general admission crowd was an absolute party.

Easily one of my favorite shows I have seen of theirs. The energy was incredible. It's all anyone wanted to talk about for the rest of the weekend.

Also for those attending the second weekend please make sure to see Underworld, 2manydjs and the Despacio tent. All were true standouts.

Flying back home to Seattle tomorrow to catch The Brothers at the WAMU!
Going to see those 2 this weekend! Not sure about Despacio but seems to be the talk of the town lately! And you flew straight to check the Seattle show? Damn...i'm gonna need some of that energy for friday.

Just saw the weather forecast! I'm toast!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 19, 2023, 17:11
Just saw the weather forecast! I'm toast!

But it's a dry heat! Lol 

Going to be a hot one but thankfully no triple digits expected!

Please log in to view this attachment.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I did some slight EQ adjustments to give a bit more oomph & clarity to the somewhat poor audio. If anyone's interested...
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Weekend 2 set times are here:
https://twitter.com/coachella/status/1649191246232195072

Chems going on 9:45PM rather than 9:50PM (weekend 1).

It's been amusing to watch the Frank Ocean debacle unfold this week. Feel bad for his fans that based their trip out to desert because of his headlining set.

Edit:
Spoiler
Beck appeared with Gorillaz on Jimmy Kimmel the other night. I mention this because I would count on Beck being a special guest for Gorillaz for Weekend 2. Now, what would be extra special is, if Beck showed up for Chemical Brothers on 'Wide Open'. I mean he's already there, why not?!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 21, 2023, 00:46
Weekend 2 set times are here:
https://twitter.com/coachella/status/1649191246232195072

Chems going on 9:45PM rather than 9:50PM (weekend 1).

It's been amusing to watch the Frank Ocean debacle unfold this week. Feel bad for his fans that based their trip out to desert because of his headlining set.

Edit:
Spoiler
Beck appeared with Gorillaz on Jimmy Kimmel the other night. I mention this because I would count on Beck being a special guest for Gorillaz for Weekend 2. Now, what would be extra special is, if Beck showed up for Chemical Brothers on 'Wide Open'. I mean he's already there, why not?!

Spoiler
ntm Gorillaz end at 9:45, might be some logistics issues doing something back to back but that would be awesome to see someone singing on stage with the chems after 15 years
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Apr 21, 2023, 02:20
Spoiler
ntm Gorillaz end at 9:45, might be some logistics issues doing something back to back but that would be awesome to see someone singing on stage with the chems after 15 years

True, but they have golf carts behind the scenes to zoom people across the festival. Plus, Outdoor Theatre is not that far from Main Stage (based off of prior experience).

It probably won't happen just because the Chems set is so programed. But this is the type of fun stuff that does happen when you're at Coachella. We'll have to wait and see if there is some flexibility!

Spoiler
don't hold your breath

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 21, 2023, 03:52
Spoiler
don't hold your breath
Spoiler
my lungs are WIDE OPEN,
Spoiler
Biotch!

Blink going from Sahara to Main in a week must be a record of sorts! Thank you Frank!

I got my electrolytes ready for tomorrow.

Oh and that chems billboard, I know where its at! Hopefully its still there and not changed out!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 21, 2023, 05:36
Blink going from Sahara to Main in a week must be a record of sorts! Thank you Frank!

I got my electrolytes ready for tomorrow.

Oh and that chems billboard, I know where its at! Hopefully its still there and not changed out!

Have a great fest, Inchem! Ridiculously jealous of those that participated in week 1, and for those who are preparing for week 2. Over the course of this last week I've been hit with a wave of nostalgia and some heavy regret for not pursuing one last go.

Stay hydrated!

Have the most AMAZING TIME, @inchemwetrust and all the Coachella peeps! ✌🏻❤️
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 21, 2023, 10:33
Hoping the stream audio mix is better for Chem's set this time around
My three opinions:

- Maybe Tom mixed a lot of FX, more than usual, which sometimes caused pain in the ears
- Or maybe Coachella team streamed FOH processed sound, which was developed in real time for venue speaker system characteristics and not for household devices, etc
- Or someone of three just screwed up anyway: Tom or Ian or Shan
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 21, 2023, 04:17
Spoiler
my lungs are WIDE OPEN,
Spoiler
Biotch!
Spoiler
bahahha

Quote from: Explud on Apr 21, 2023, 19:37
My three opinions:

- Maybe Tom mixed a lot of FX, more than usual, which sometimes caused pain in the ears
- Or maybe Coachella team streamed FOH processed sound, which was developed in real time for venue speaker system characteristics and not for household devices, etc
- Or someone of three just screwed up anyway: Tom or Ian or Shan*

Who is Ian?
Also who is the guy in the yellow high viz vest in this tweet?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1649543262783549441

Incidentally Ed did his Coachella tweet.
https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1649434172241465344

* Fun fact about Shan Hira. He used to be in a band called Stockholm Monsters. They were signed to Manchester's Factory Records, the same label as New Order. Peter Hook of New Order is friends with Shan Hira, and one time when Stockholm Monsters went on tour, Hook decided he wanted to go with them so he went as their sound man. And now Shan is a sound man for the Chems.
So, another little connection between the Chems and New Order there.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Shan also does sound for new order when not doing the Chems. 

He's an absolutely lovely guy, always takes time out to chat and showed me around his office and talked through the gear. 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is