Further

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Explud on Apr 22, 2023, 13:24
You also can rewind stream.
Yeah, but I record in VLC which can't fast forward or rewind with this YT stream. And of course, I just arrived back home and the set's playing already. Damn....
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Capturing the replay now. Should have it up later today. 

Only got to record starting at Feels Like Dreaming. Maybe there'll be another round. How big do you assume your file is going to end up?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just watched the week 2 replay stream , and finally got to see the full show with the visuals , pretty spectacular , . . polished transitions , focused re-workings of older tracks and high energy levels throughout the set , love it , looking forward to seeing them later this year.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2023, 15:58
Only got to record starting at Feels Like Dreaming. Maybe there'll be another round. How big do you assume your file is going to end up?
Not sure on size but I'll try to get it under 2gb. I've got Handbrake which usually does a great job at compressing files. 

soooo... who's up for a side-by-side simultaneous viewing of the two weekends?

:o SHOW WAS NUTS!

I almost missed their set ( details later)

They need to fix their parking issues quickly as it almost screwed me over from seeing them.

Anyway, alot of chemical aficionados were there up an front with me and gave of the same energy as I did. 

Will report more soon
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Explud on Apr 22, 2023, 13:24
You also can rewind stream.
Good point. Watching it now on my TV with the speakers cranked up.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 22, 2023, 05:23
uh, did they just leak some new stuff (lyrics) at the end of Eve of Destruction, or was that there before?

You mean the bit from 0:22 to 0:37 below?
That was in the live version before.

BUT I'm currently watching Chemical Beats => Dreaming, and there's a male vocal in there singing/saying "Freedom" or something (?). I've never heard that before. Thoughts anyone?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This stream is weird, now it says the Chems are due shortly even though there should have been other acts broadcast for a while. Hmmm

But alright, I don't complain.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2023, 15:58
Mine is around 1,6 Gb. It depends on which quality/format you rip the stream.

Edit : not recompressed, it was directly ripped from Youtube livestream.
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2023, 12:16 by wincent

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 22, 2023, 18:34
You mean the bit from 0:22 to 0:37 below?
That was in the live version before.

Yeah, I meant to go back and edit that post. I may have been a little under the influence and forgot for a second. I do recall us talking about this once before, but thanks for refresher!

Aaand it's on again.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 22, 2023, 17:28

:o SHOW WAS NUTS!

I almost missed their set ( details later)

They need to fix their parking issues quickly as it almost screwed me over from seeing them.

Anyway, alot of chemical aficionados were there up an front with me and gave of the same energy as I did.

Will report more soon

Great clip! Which reminds me... During 'Free Yourself' there was a great cut away last night to an asian girl in the crowd a bit flummoxed. Worthy looking out for in the replays!

Oh, what happened to MAH? Did Tom forget to push a certain button?

Alright, it worked. If anyone's interested in an EQed audio edit, let me know.
Last Edit: Apr 22, 2023, 21:39 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Apr 22, 2023, 15:40
Capturing the replay now. Should have it up later today.
yes please  ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 22, 2023, 19:28
During 'Free Yourself' there was a great cut away last night to an asian girl in the crowd a bit flummoxed. Worthy looking out for in the replays!
Ha! At first we see her hand go to her forehead, then when we come back to her she's sort of smiling/laughing but then putting both hands to her face. Almost as though she was trying to recreate the Don't Think film. Too bad there's no Acid Clown in the set these days...

The transitions are pretty good now. Mind you I think the snippet of Asleep From Day in the Acid Mashup was easier to spot last week than this (I'm not sure it really works though). And the transition from Star Guitar to Swoon seems very sudden when compared to other transitions. They seem to be packing in as many tracks as possible. And yet they're still using that 'prequel' at the start of Wide Open. Surely they could free up some time by getting rid of that. Oh, also I miss the cello/strings in Free Yourself. That's my favourite part of that track!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 23, 2023, 00:55
Ha! At first we see her hand go to her forehead, then when we come back to her she's sort of smiling/laughing but then putting both hands to her face. Almost as though she was trying to recreate the Don't Think film. Too bad there's no Acid Clown in the set these days...

Ha, I just went back and caught a screen grab of her! Also, took a couple unflattering screen grabs of who I think is Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 (happened during DYOH/Get Up On It)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2023, 19:37

The camera/stream crew cut away from a wide angle shot of stage when the light beams shoot from the fingertips of the MAH figure. They manage to fuck it up twice, actually. The at-home audience missed the best part of the visual!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 23, 2023, 00:55
(...)
The transitions are pretty good now. Mind you I think the snippet of Asleep From Day in the Acid Mashup was easier to spot last week than this (I'm not sure it really works though). And the transition from Star Guitar to Swoon seems very sudden when compared to other transitions. They seem to be packing in as many tracks as possible. And yet they're still using that 'prequel' at the start of Wide Open. Surely they could free up some time by getting rid of that. Oh, also I miss the cello/strings in Free Yourself. That's my favourite part of that track!
I love it, so I totally disagree with you and I hope Tom & Ed will keep it in the upcoming tour  ;D

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2023, 19:37

Alright, it worked. If anyone's interested in an EQed audio edit, let me know.
i'd be interested in both audio and video as I've missed this one :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

forum member KngtRdr WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AT THE SHOW! I didn't find out til the next day! 

There were a lot of vocals thrown out there that were too indescribable to make out but I know I didn't hear them at the SB show. I finally heard that quick snippet of let forever be ( tail end of song) that you gotta be quick to hear it.

I did notice that ed is doing a little bit more time near the left side/ center of the mixer instead of far right or far left. More hands-on for Ed and being closer to Tom is good! 

Oh and just the tie dye shirts at Coach! Nothing else!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.