When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
expect the Portola set again. maybe something shorter. 

some details start to be revealed about the live stream.

they have SIX channels this year, seemingly each one dedicated to a stage, both weekends.

so we may get more coverage than in past, maximizing our chance of chems coverage. possibly even the whole set, both weekends.

(click through to YouTube to see the details in the description)

...odd how they say "all stages". I guess the Yuma doesn't count as a stage?

I know in normal fashion Coachella waits last minute to release set times, but has it been leaked what stage they're playing?

Also hope they grab Tom and Ed for an interview for stream.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 03, 2023, 17:36
I know in normal fashion Coachella waits last minute to release set times, but has it been leaked what stage they're playing?

Also hope they grab Tom and Ed for an interview for stream.
Not many festivals release set times until the week of (although most do give the stage). I reckon second stage headliner.

edit: have just asked someone very in the loop with coachella if its known - will report back
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Closing outdoor theater according to Inforoo forums.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

marking the first time none of the festival's headliners are white.
Weird wording by the Rolling Stone, imo. It's a multi-cultural event and has been for years, so why emphasizing it that way?

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 03, 2023, 20:57
Weird wording by the Rolling Stone, imo. It's a multi-cultural event and has been for years, so why emphasizing it that way?
because it's a big deal for people of minority groups who are used to always having second billing.

I get that it's a big deal, but I thought headlining festivals in general was due to popularity & demand. But the way it's worded sounds a bit exclusive for such an inclusive event (on RS's part).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I suggest taking this to the difficult subjects thread.

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 04, 2023, 00:01
LOL

I agree with you, Csar. It's a sucky statement/headline (actually the headline from an article in January). Not because I'm white and offended, but because it undermines the history of the festival and the general diversity it provided from the get-go, without telling it to your face or putting in writing.

To the credit of the writers, they're stating a fact. But it does come off celebratory, which creates a vibe of reverse racism.

I would say don't look into it too much. We getting old, and the way race and diversity is processed through each generation is always going to be different.

including that statement probably also generates more clicks.

sigh.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 04, 2023, 01:27
Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 04, 2023, 00:01
LOL

I agree with you, Csar. It's a sucky statement/headline (actually the headline from an article in January). Not because I'm white and offended, but because it undermines the history of the festival and the general diversity it provided from the get-go, without telling it to your face or putting in writing.

To the credit of the writers, they're stating a fact. But it does come off celebratory, which creates a vibe of reverse racism.

I would say don't look into it too much. We getting old, and the way race and diversity is processed through each generation is always going to be different.

Nevermind folks, it just felt a little off considering what you mentioned above, Bosco. I'm happy for everyone who gets to headline this or any festival or even play at those no matter how they look or where they come from. Love & peace.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Unfortunately, the idea that we need to focus on racial backgrounds as a means of "progress" is what a lot of people consider "news."

This isn't news, it's what people lovingly call a "nothingburger."

This is what happens when you don't have any actual news to write about, you neither use nor recognize guiding principles of journalism, and you have a deadline to meet.

Welcome to news reporting in 2023.

Quote from: MadPooter on Apr 04, 2023, 18:51
This is what happens when you don't have any actual news to write about, you neither use nor recognize guiding principles of journalism, and you have a deadline to meet.

Welcome to news reporting in 2023.
yeah, this is a better explanation than my initial knee jerk reaction.

Hi all--I have 2 wristbands for Coachella available. Happy to negotiate a price and pay for shipping.

DM me if you're interested.

this site, which does not cite it's source, claims the chems are confirmed to close the outdoor theater.

https://thegroovecartel.com/news/festivals/coachella-2023-set-times-timetable-schedule-artists-and-stages/

I have no preference to what stage they'll play on, but since I came out of Coachella retirement (last show was 2011) I'm wondering about the expansion and upgrades the stages have gotten.  I DM Ed about it but he's been mum (crickets)

Either stage I'm gonna be blown away!

Now about that Sahara....hmmmmmm!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

YES! I'm down with that! And when the chems are done, I'm out of there to beat traffic while everyone else is watching Bad Bunny!

Nothing against BB, but do like his wrestling skills!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.