Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

New Theme

Started by Stefan, Dec 16, 2022, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 16, 2024, 17:31
Oh, and you ( @Csar ) have included "Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!" but not "Oh, yeah, here we go c'mon!" which is one of the best intros to a song they've made?

I've added all of your suggestions but this one since you sounded unsure whether it was phrased like this. And I wasn't sure what it was supposed to be off the top of my head. Gonna be added.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 12, 2024, 16:26
This might be my chance to admit I still haven't seen Hannah
I've never seen Hannah either, but I have seen 'Hanna'! ;)

Honestly, when 'Hanna' was announced and I saw the trailer I thought it was going to horribly forgettable. It took me a while but I streamed the movie via HBO GO and the movie actually wasn't half bad! I actually thought a lot of the scenes were pretty well shot, and the soundtrack is damn good! Container park scene is frickin' awesome, as is the track!

Quote from: instantreigen on Jan 12, 2024, 21:10
I feel like I'm a little behind on Jerk Chicken :D

I think there may be more to Jerk Chicken than Steve Dub's recipe. The Orinoco/Miloco studios are situated on a back road behind where The Old Kent Road (A2) and Tower Bridge Road (which leads to actual Tower Bridge) meet.
I know the area because I worked around there for nearly 14 years. For most of that time I didn't realise that I was working within walking distance of the Chems studio, and that our "work pub" - The Vic was also Orinoco/Miloco's nearest pub, so it was probably their "work pub" as well.
( I worked on Mandela Way. You can see here how close that was to Miloco.)

Anyway The Old Kent Road (A2) area has quite a large Carribbean presence and as such, there are a number of restaurants in the area that serve (or sell for take away) Jerk Chicken.
I suspect the Chems availed of these Jerk Chicken restaurants/take-aways whilst working at Orinoco/Miloco.

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 12, 2024, 16:26
This might be my chance to admit I still haven't seen Hannah

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 17, 2024, 08:46
I streamed the movie via HBO GO and the movie actually wasn't half bad! I actually thought a lot of the scenes were pretty well shot, and the soundtrack is damn good!

I bought it on DVD. Overall, I think it's a really easy watch, even if it feels a little low-budget in places.
The performances from Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett keep you engaged, and the soundtrack really does propel the film along. Gotta be seen!

Now can someone please tell me all about "It's The Lifestyle We're Living". And also what was @Enjoyed 's quote from?

EDIT. Oh "lifestyle..." is from this Sven Väth track at 19 secs. And the line has popped up in Chems live shows?

Last Edit: Jan 17, 2024, 16:58 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 17, 2024, 13:47
EDIT. Oh "lifestyle..." is from this Sven Vaith track at 19 secs. And the line has popped up in Chems live shows?
Yup. It's been there every now and then for at least 12 years, mostly after intense build-up, or intros. Check out Don't Think at the end of Believe.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 17, 2024, 13:47
And also what was @Enjoyed 's quote from?
You may want to check out CWU. Perhaps, with some imagination, you can spot the track this is referring to :) Or you can go watch Tomb Raider instead ;) wink wink, nod nod.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 14, 2024, 05:06
Petition to add: "Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!"
Ok, so this is Galaxy Bounce.

Do we know who provided that vocal? Is it a sample?
The credits jump from track 2 to track 5, whilst Galaxy Bounce is track 3.
Beverly Skeete - a vocalist - is listed under Additional Musicians, but it's not clear what track she appears on.
I've tried the Tomb Raider credits as well, but no joy.

WhoSamped lists ODB/Kelis: "Got Your Money" for the drums, and "Chill-Out!" by Free Expression for the "Huh". But nothing for that chopped up main vocal.
My mind is jumping to Kelis now, but that's probaby just the power of suggestion.
Anyone?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

For a long time i thought it was a Freddy Mercury sample until i read somewhere it wasn't from him
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 14, 2024, 05:06
Petition to add: "Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!"

Quote from: Csar on Jan 14, 2024, 20:30
;D Took me a while, but now I get it! :D

Currently on the Chems insta stories they've re-posted an insta story from Silly Yoshimo who has done the Galaxy Bounce lyrics simply as "Ready? Oh Yeah".
And I think (Japanese?) Yosihimo who is ready for Chems in Tokyo live, may have done a better job with the lyrics than anyone here!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Nope, thats the work of Instagram. If you choose a song for your storie from the library Insta is offering, for most songs you can choose the animated lyrics.
no idea, no idea