F#cking Excellent Acid House

Amnesia, Ibiza 2023. 1st October

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 31, 2023, 12:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Well I didn't see this coming. Slightly less than a year since their last DJ set at Amnesia, the Chems return (the money must be good!).

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1685984065982271489

Last Edit: Aug 01, 2023, 15:17 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Definitely will be a nice payday - just look at those ticket prices!

I was looking the other day and they hadn't dj'd in ibiza for about 10 years before last year's and i said to myself i've got to get to the next one. Not sure I have the funds to justify going to this, especially as all the recent DJ sets have been fairly similar (seen 4 since covid)
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Anyone making the trek out there then?
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Putting money down that Magic Wand is in the set  ::mbag

Things spotted so far:

THEY OPENED WITH THE WEIGHT!:  [color=var(--text-link)]https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx37ztiIYTK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==[/color]

They played AOAS with vocals? Anyone able to place them?:Please log in to view this attachment.

They played a bunch of stuff I don't recognize, some of which sound vaguely Chemical. If people want to go look to see if anything is noteworthy, what I do is go through each of the Chems featured stories, go to their profiles, and watch all of their other stories. There's a lot out there - mostly HBHG, but a lot of interesting stuff too.

Songs they definitely played:
Hey Boy Hey Girl(Kink Remix (I think))
All Of A Sudden (With vocals)
No Reason (AOAS actually transitioned into No Reason)
Feels Like I Am Dreaming
EBW 6/Free Yourself (vocal) (also had FYS with the weird congo beat)
The Weight (Opener)
Star Guitar
Goodbye
Fantai
Skipping Like A Stone (Gerd Janson mix, pretty sure)
Live Again

Welp, that's my contribution for tonight. I've got to get to sleep. I'll probably do more scouring in the morning. Pretty cool stuff!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: ; on Oct 02, 2023, 03:06
They played AOAS with vocals?
Thats what also grabs my attention.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ; on Oct 02, 2023, 03:06
[1]THEY OPENED WITH THE WEIGHT!
[2]They played AOAS with vocals? Anyone able to place them?
[3]Hey Boy Hey Girl(Kink Remix (I think))
1) Good spot. Kinda of an obscure choice for an opener at an Ibiza event, but fair enough.
2) Hmm lyrics "too much weed and too much wine, engine engine number nine". Black Sheep have an "Engine Engine Number 9" rap in The Choice Is Yours, but this ain't that.
3) Yep, KiNK mix.

Another clip of AOAS + Rap from a Chemical soundcheck at Amnesia in the third slide here:
(are T&E struggling to keep straight faces in the first slide?)

Other non-Chemical tracks I've spotted so far:
Taiko - Acid Resistance, with Dreaming vocal mixed in.
Bam Bam - Where Is Your Child?

Also a familiar vocal from MARRS Pump Up The Volume repeated over a beat (original source: Mean Machine by Grand Mixer DST & Jalaluddin Mansur Nuriddin): "Automatic pushbutton remote control, synthetic genetic commands your soul."

There's also an un-shazamable track that we hear briefly in the Chems insta stories but we hear more of it on Ales_cozzi's Instagram when you click her story circle (you might have to see her hot bikini bod in her stories too!). After the track pauses, it comes back in sounding a bit like EML Ritual IMHO. Could this be EBW13? The reverb-y lyrics seem to say "we get high..."

Not sure what this is (maybe two tracks?), but I can hear Yello's "Oh Yeah" vocal towards the end of the clip:
(this guy also has the un-shazamable track on his stories. He has lots of stories worth checking)

I might come back and edit more into this post later. Or not.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

More possible lyrics I hear from AOAS clip (not all verses included):

Jack was nimble, ? His foot was quick ?, ?He got fucked up, off of shit?

you got yours, and he got his, ?(_?_) all know, I'm the best ?

rhyme creator, ? pen-etrator ?, bring it all back, and do it to you later 

Old school, never gonna die,  How many (_?_) gonna try

?Singing? in the back, chillin in the club, waiting ?4-5? to show me love, show me love, show me love, (etc..)

Last Edit: Oct 02, 2023, 18:47 by Bosco

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 02, 2023, 12:25
Other non-Chemical tracks I've spotted so far: Taiko - Acid Resistance, with Dreaming vocal mixed in. Bam Bam - Where Is Your Child?
I also heard the beginnings of Maxime Alexander - Take My Hands, which was part of their previous DJ sets, but I didn't hear it playing outright.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 02, 2023, 12:25
There's also an un-shazamable track that we hear briefly in the Chems insta stories but we hear more of it on Ales_cozzi's Instagram when you click her story circle (you might have to see her hot bikini bod in her stories too!). After the track pauses, it comes back in sounding a bit like EML Ritual IMHO. Could this be EBW13? The reverb-y lyrics seem to say "we get high..."
That's very interesting - save a clip of it by any chance?

I would have shazzamed all of the clips I was going through, but it was late and I was mostly just looking for anything interesting or noteworthy.

And JRSZ, on the discord, noticed something that I initially just wrote off - they seem to be playing a different version of Goodbye:

Please log in to view this attachment.

There's a second clip I can't fit because upload limit, but they mix the Jesse Jackson vocals in there too a little. Could this be just a strange DJ version? A yet-to-be-released remix? Maybe the EBW 13? And if this is something that they end up putting out, will it have those Jesse Jackson vocals?
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2023, 09:57 by Csar
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: ; on Oct 03, 2023, 01:28
That's very interesting - save a clip of it by any chance?
I don't know how to save insta stories; I'm a luddite!

Quote from: ; on Oct 03, 2023, 01:28
There's a second clip I can't fit because upload limit, but they mix the Jesse Jackson vocals in there too a little.
That's still hanging on in the Chems insta stories (via alejandrauribec) at the time of writing. Kinda sounds like a different tune?
There's also a tune I don't recognise in their stories (recorded by acidboy_13) that I don't recognise and doesn't shazam.
IT'S MORNING TIME!