We Help to Make the World a Little Bit Better

No Reason

Started by Joslyn, Feb 17, 2023, 07:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Would love to see Fatboy Slim do another remix for em!

I have yet to hear a bad remix or edit from Emperor Machine, Todd Terje or Psychemagik and based on the hooks we've heard so far in No Reason I bet a more disco/synthpop take could be great

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 13, 2023, 20:15
Fan art by someone who knows about the coloured vinyl (a member or lurker here?).
And they're...having a guess(?) at what's on each side.
3 slides.

I really like this, even a bit better than the official one.  Would make a great physical single/ maxi cd release back in the day that I'd buy in a heartbeat.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 14, 2023, 09:19
I really like this, even a bit better than the official one.  Would make a great physical single/ maxi cd release back in the day that I'd buy in a heartbeat.
Same

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Mar 14, 2023, 02:23
Would love to see Fatboy Slim do another remix for em!

I have yet to hear a bad remix or edit from Emperor Machine, Todd Terje or Psychemagik and based on the hooks we've heard so far in No Reason I bet a more disco/synthpop take could be great
Yeah some good shouts there. Krystal Klear would be a decent one too
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Don't you know that Pink + Orange = colour clash, Smith & Lyall?

Same audio clip, different dancer.
I'm thinking that these clips might just be teaser stuff rather than clips from a "proper" music video. Maybe.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1635615580383330307

EDIT: YT upload with perhaps better audio for Ryno
Last Edit: Mar 14, 2023, 17:24 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

First the rumor of red vinyl. Now orange attire. Are they trying to eventually create a rainbow?

Cause if they are....I'm all for it. Just need y-b-v to make roygbiv.

edit: Also, audio quality on this tweet is weak compared to first. Guessing the upload wasn't smooth.

Second edit: ahh much better quality. Thanks Wolken. That soothes my jangled nerves.
Last Edit: Mar 14, 2023, 21:37 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Just got word that the B-side is a track called All Of A Sudden

Vinyl released 28th April
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: gavin35 on Mar 15, 2023, 16:15

Well we know that track. Where did word come from?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Maybe that artwork is official now? Smith and Lyall repostet that on Instagram

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 15, 2023, 16:19
Good spot but I reckon nah. If you look at the Insta stories for @sautufau who seems to be a DJ for Italian radio staion RTL 102.5, he's playing the track (on air?) and you can see a brief glimpse of the artwork on his monitor, with the Chems logo in red/pink rather than the green logo on the fan art version. The Chems have also "re-insta-storied" the clip.

Oh also, looks like the video will basically be the live visuals. If you open this in YT you get 26 seconds of it (well, I do).

The fact that they call it "neon marching band video" makes me wonder if there will be another video later on. Like with SIFSD.
Last Edit: Mar 15, 2023, 16:57 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 15, 2023, 16:19
The lightning mirrors the Believe single and C*H*E*M*I*C*A*L single. Yes, it could be used again, but I doubt it. Also, the Glow on the front cover looks weird to me. Can't put my finger on it though.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 15, 2023, 16:34
Oh also, looks like the video will basically be the live visuals. If you open this in YT you get 26 seconds of it (well, I do).

The fact that they call it "neon marching band video" makes me wonder if there will be another video later on. Like with SIFSD.
Continuing on the line of "looks weird to me", without the lights coming out of the screen (ie. live lights) also feels off to me. I am clearly conditioned to accept live visuals as standard now. 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Or, what about another concept album realized like 'Further'?

Quote from: gavin35 on Mar 15, 2023, 16:15

Nice one!
28th of april is a slightly late RSD release
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

That's my guess as well, given the Flatnose George videos.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Instantreigen and I are hosting a listening party for the premiere of "No Reason" at our Discord server!!!

We're going live Thursday night March 16th at 11pm EDT with a DJ mix by DJ Cockatiel to kick things off. Meet us here! discord.gg/6DCqDTkesn

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Congrats you guys, you even got retweeted by the Bros
https://twitter.com/instantreigen/status/1636083703515422721
— Aurora (The Seed)

Kate Tabor, who made costumes for this, also postet that vinyl
no idea, no idea

Its pretty mega isn't it!!

Sounds great online, but even better live for those yet to experience it! Think I need to start considering which show(s) to book now!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

It's Friday in New Zealand already. Anyone done a VPN + download? Or any Kiwi lurkers here?
IT'S MORNING TIME!