Life Is Sweet

No Reason

Started by Joslyn, Feb 17, 2023, 07:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 15, 2023, 16:17
Well we know that track. Where did word come from?
A guy I know works with record labels and sent me on details
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

You get a bit of the hook in the preview of this Australian site
https://www.zdigital.com.au/artist/the-chemical-brothers/release/no-reason-28411979
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I am waiting impatiently   :music 

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Overlooked this in my above link but the track is supposed to be just 4 min long  :(
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It says video release in 7 hours (05:00 CET)

Lyrics:
We have no reason to live
We have no reason at all
We have no reason to live
When will they Kill us all

We're very excited to share our new song 'No Reason'. If you've seen us play live over the last year, you may have already heard an early version of it in our sets.

The song contains a vocal sample from the amazing song 'Courts or Wars' by the band Second Layer.

We would like to thank Graham Bailey, Stephen Budd and the family of Adrian Borland for permission and blessing to use the sample. It means a lot.

Tom and Ed

edit:
Why did i overlook Wolkenkrabber's post?
Last Edit: Mar 17, 2023, 11:24 by Csar
no idea, no idea

Couldn't wait no more and heard it thru vpn.
Absolutely worth the wait!

Spoiler
although It should be at least 2 minutes longer, so there might be the longer mix coming up for vinyl, or something, as the DJ set version was a bit longer.

Also, how much do you feel the album announcement?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Mar 16, 2023, 21:05
Couldn't wait no more and heard it thru vpn.

which one?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 16, 2023, 21:08
which one?
mobile version of surfshark, I've just took the free weekend trial :P

But tbh? it doesn't work as speed as I'd like it to
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

It's a shame they scapped the ending of the live version. With the high pitched synth and the drum rolls, when there's the march and then the flag waving. It was my favourite part :(

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 16, 2023, 21:53
It's a shame they scapped the ending of the live version. With the high pitched synth and the drum rolls, when there's the march and then the flag waving. It was my favourite part :(
Moved to the EBW version  8)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 16, 2023, 17:48
Overlooked this in my above link but the track is supposed to be just 4 min long  :(
Unfortunately, there's a lot of incentive to make short tracks these days. Short tracks -> more plays on streaming services/easier to fit into playlists -> more revenue. And streaming services are the music business today, where more and more people listen to (auto-curated) playlists instead of whole albums.
As the Chems are already well-established they might not depend on the reveneue from their music on streaming services, but I'm sure that the record companies/music publishers have an editorial say in stuff like track lenght and their profit is literally all they care about.
I remember from earlier times where there often was a "Radio Edit" for the singles, and the full track was featured on the album. Of course, that was when most people bought albums.

YAY NEW MUSIC!

I really love the track. It's too short though ;D

Yeah, it's a great track, a banger. I wasn't so sure when it first appeared live. The only nitpicking I'd have is that they could sprinkle it with some kind of Chems synth sound effects here and there (a "criticism" I have about No Geography as well), especially during the second acid arpeggio, to give it a bit more depth.

The intro is dope, though. And yes, too short! All this waiting and it's just over just like that.
— Aurora (The Seed)

I must say that it's exactly that type of track I needed the most when it comes to both my taste, my current state, it really allows me to let all of those emotion go away.

It's also really accurate when it comes to current world situations
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Last Edit: Mar 31, 2023, 09:13 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

"Extended mix" 4:38

Stefan must be right   ::krazy
— Aurora (The Seed)

My ears are ready for the premiere! 
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Controversial opinion...

I do not think it needs to be any longer.

Love it. I'm singing the bassline and woo-ing at my dog regularly. But it does everything it needs to in the runtime and, not much beyond that. There isn't really anything I wish I could be explored more with a longer version, personally.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Did anyone get to hear the extended version on soundcloud? It is not available in my country. 
Did those extra 38s make any difference?
Just get yourself high.