Remember, Remember, No Geography

2023 live predictions and expectations

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Mar 20, 2023, 15:28

Previous topic - Next topic
I've yet to see this circulate on the forum so may as well make it myself. Sorry if its already up somewhere.

If they're doing encores for venue locations, fingers crossed for Hold Tight London/The Darkness That You Fear

Ill post my usual live wishlist after I get home.

Edit: here it is:

Come with us/Warriors intro
Block Rockin Beats
C.h.e.m.i.c.a.l
?New song?
MAH
Bango (EML segue)
No Reason
Hey Boy Hey Girl
Eve of Destruction
Chemical Beats
Go
Got to Keep On
Out of Control/Do it Again (hopefully longer)
Dreaming
UTI/DYOH
TLBDB/Setting Sun
New track?
Let Forever Be
Believe (please)

Surface 2 Air
Escape Velocity/Golden Path
Hoops/Free Yourself/EML Ritual
Temptation/Star Guitar
Swoon
It Doesn't matter (please <3 )
Wide Open
Galvanize

=====

Hold Tight London
The Darkness That You Fear
Dissolve segue/Private Psychedelic Reel (PLEASE <3)
Last Edit: Mar 23, 2023, 05:11 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I really think It Doesn't Matter as a full song might return based on how much they played it in DJ sets, it'd be cool if it replaced or became a full mashup with Under The Influence or somehow made use of George and Mildred, also thinking Hoops/Free Yourself/EML Ritual will be more of a permanent staple based on the DJ sets too where they played an edit of Hoops with the FY vocals...that entire section was my favorite segment of the 2022 shows

I am HOPING for Eve as an opener somehow, it'd be a cool way to bookend No Geography but still usher in the upcoming the new era, in addition to more unexpected set shakeups too...genuinely last year has been my favorite purely because of how they decided to flip the entire show on its head and I hope they continue with that direction this year

TDTYF, Big Beat Space Gospel, and Warped Pop would be lovely to hear live in regards to the new songs. I'm hoping somehow that Surface To Air does return based on Adam's post on Instagram too.

Also I'M STILL ROOTING FOR THE UNIVERSE SENT ME TO BE PLAYED LIVE C'MONNNN
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

BBSG into Galaxy Bounce.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I feel like Believe has gotta end up in the set again in some form at some point, and not really a prediction but I would love to see Piku Playground come back. :)
I won't back down, give me my thunder.

I would say the festival set will stay quite similar to what it was last year. The new tracks will stay in, I'm curious about the intro, will they go back to tomorrow never knows or stick with come with us, or a new intro. 

I reckon arena shows later in the year will likely have some more new stuff from the album as it will be out by then, encore will probably be got glint? As the light and visuals for that are amazing, Adam also mentioned it took them a lot of effort to program it so it would be a shame to not see it in the show again. 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 20, 2023, 21:34
BBSG into Galaxy Bounce.

I've spent times now to figure out what song(s) BBSG is/are. Now i need coffee. Still not having the answer. Biku Blayground Star Guitar?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 21, 2023, 09:59
I've spent times now to figure out what song(s) BBSG is/are. Now i need coffee. Still not having the answer. Biku Blayground Star Guitar?
:L
It's Big Beat Space Gospel!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

uhhh, that makes sense. Ok, now i also want BBSG into GB. And i want them to play a non-festival show around Cologne. And i want them to play Snow/Surface so i can die peacefully.
And i want
01 Tommorow Never Knows / Silver Drizzle (the intro part of it)
02 Brothers Gonna Work It Out (sample)
03 Dust-Up Beats (eventually replaced version)
04 Loops Of Fury / The Best Part Of Breaking Up
05 Get Yourself High

btw, 7 years ago this was the setlist of my dreams => https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,233.msg6837.html#msg6837
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 21, 2023, 09:59
Ha! This made me go grab my morning coffee.

If I could dream, I'd have a chems "no" run somewhere in the set.

No Need
No Reason
No Geography

But No "No Path To Follow" (or Battle Scars for that matter). Sorry, that's out in my books. Doesn't have to be in that order. Recognize they would have to pitch the bpm on No Need like they did for the Womb '07 dj set (still hope that real player video is still around somewhere). 

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Some fuel to the STA speculations:

Caveat: a sticker somewhere doesn't mean a song will be played. Reflexion was only played twice in 2015, yet afaik it was still on a label at least until 2019

Even though I found the beginning of the last tour somewhat rocky, I totally loved their approach to put some of their stuff on its head, like HSTN so aptly put it. So I would like to see more of that (but with "better", meaning smoother, transitions)

So in terms of track choices, except for Snow/Surface+Escape Velocity Apple Music Festival style

rather than speaking of returns, I would love to see tracks or parts of them that have never or rarely been played.

• Galaxy Bounce
  • Universe Sent Me
  • The Test
  • Giant
  • Come Inside
  • The Boxer
  • The Pills + WATN!!!!!
  • Acid Version of Golden Path from 2007
  • Silver Drizzle
  • Clip Kiss
  • Base 6
  • Keep My Composure

And it would be so cool to see more obscurities and wild psychedelic mixing/mashing of stuff like Dissolve/Reel or BRB in 2005 with its wild big beat percussion.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is it just me or is YouTube having a lot of trouble buffering that video?

I don't really have any expectations mostly because the bros have always brought their A-game, plus I was already convinced years and years ago that I could trust the 'dust'!

I  just realized that their next show is Coachella, so there is a big gap of time before they play again. Not sure if they plan any surprises on Week 1 or 2 , or differences between both dates.

The Colombia show appears to have the same setlist as Portola, and that's fine with me, but looking forward to seeing crowd differences form the Portola to the small but mighty Santa Barbara, to the (!TBD stage) at Coachella.

Less than a month away!

Ok ok! I wish they would play that space gospel track though! 😁
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Had a thought. Considering Estereo Picnic (Colombia) mirrored the late 2022 / Portola set(s), maybe the post-Galvanize / pre-TPPR lead in track might be Snow/S2A. Would be nice to see a change up from Got Glint. Somehow the majority of gigs I've been to, Got Glint was played (would we consider Got Glint rare?).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly