Exit Planet Dust

2023 Live Shows

Started by Csar, Oct 15, 2022, 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Aug 07, 2023, 18:51
Pretty rough for Polish fans... last year it was a last second Covid cancellation. This year the entire festival cancels a week before the date.

Hope they can figure out a show for you peeps sometime soon
Hope so, especially somewhere closer to my home city of Szczecin. 

Also... The represent of Universal Music Poland told me that the album preorders will hit the last week, but nothing here... 
So yeah...
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: ; on Aug 07, 2023, 18:49
That's a fair point. But in that case, I can't see which new track it might be. Given the album title, cover, and the titles of each individual song, I can't see which might fit that bill. Perhaps the Harvest Mix of TDTYF puts that spin on it, and they will bring it back to the set?

I hope so, The Darkness didn't had enough time to shine in the live envirement
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: ; on Aug 07, 2023, 18:49
That's a fair point. But in that case, I can't see which new track it might be. Given the album title, cover, and the titles of each individual song, I can't see which might fit that bill. Perhaps the Harvest Mix of TDTYF puts that spin on it, and they will bring it back to the set?
Could be a reinvention of visuals for one of the new songs or an older song too tbf

Catch Me I'm Falling and Got Glint had totally different visuals before we got the tunnel and fabric dancers during the 2019 arena tour
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Aug 08, 2023, 21:40
Could be a reinvention of visuals for one of the new songs or an older song too tbf

Catch Me I'm Falling and Got Glint had totally different visuals before we got the tunnel and fabric dancers during the 2019 arena tour
I would say EML Ritual, as if they brought back Saturate, they could bring that back too (both got removed after 2019). But I quite like the EML visuals, I wouldn't see them replacing them. Maybe Hoops visuals? Or something from We Are The Night?

Also, isn't it about time for another Under The Influence Acid?! How long have we had this one? I feel like it's been long enough for them to swap it out. Maybe they quite like the one that's been in use. I initially didn't like it much, but it's grown on me. The mashup with It Doesn't Matter is pretty wonderful.
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: ; on Aug 09, 2023, 00:30
I would say EML Ritual, as if they brought back Saturate, they could bring that back too (both got removed after 2019). But I quite like the EML visuals, I wouldn't see them replacing them. Maybe Hoops visuals? Or something from We Are The Night?

Also, isn't it about time for another Under The Influence Acid?! How long have we had this one? I feel like it's been long enough for them to swap it out. Maybe they quite like the one that's been in use. I initially didn't like it much, but it's grown on me. The mashup with It Doesn't Matter is pretty wonderful.
HOOPS / EML RITUAL / FREE YOURSELF SUPREMACY

I would LOVE to see that return, especially with new-er visuals, then again Dreaming's visuals are the same age as the EML Ritual visuals...as is the current Under The Influence acid (all 2015)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I'm wondering if we're due for some type of tour announcement. A little more than 2 weeks from the new album and there isn't exactly a big rollout for the FTBF era, apart from the UK arena run and Corona Capital. I don't expect them to play through the holidays (December), but I just can't see them putting the show on ice until next spring/summer festival season, right... Or will they? ???

I dunno. having being doing festivals for two summers and the short run of shows in 2021 I could see the UK run capping it all off.

but I hope I'm wrong. 

A new album and new book seems like a prime time to get back on tour, but you could totally be correct for various reasons.

I'm still going to assume there is more in the near future, I'm just not confident how soon that will be. 

Please log in to view this attachment.

Looks like a Down Under announcement coming soon!

https://www.frontiertouring.com/HOLDTIGHT

Looks like we can start a Live 2024 thread

I'd be surprised to see a third year of shows in Europe, Australia makes a lot of sense if they continue touring in 2024. Maybe some shows in Asia as well? Iirc after the 2019 shows there were talks about shows in Japan, which then were derailed due to the fucking plague, so my bet is that they'll also play there. And maybe Tom even teased some North American concerts in that recent radio interview.
Good to see they're still not tired of touring.

Anyone going to any of the U.K./Ireland shows I'd love to say hi before or after the show! Get some good old fashioned forum meet ups going! 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Quote from: chemdup on Oct 06, 2023, 14:30
Anyone going to any of the U.K./Ireland shows I'd love to say hi before or after the show! Get some good old fashioned forum meet ups going!
Oi oi , Birmingham  ::cheers
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I have 2 spare standing tickets for manchester if any one is interested!

@chemdup celebrates 50 gigs as of right now! 🥹❤️ Go check out brian_dub on Instagram (every chems fan should give him a follow) Mad mad respect! 50 shows!! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Watched a lot of recordings of gigs this year - weak setlist, IMHO.
Last year, on the contrary, they just showed that they are ready to introduce new ideas and new sounds (100 points for BRB as a starter and 200 points for SG/Swoon section).
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 18, 2023, 18:36
Watched a lot of recordings of gigs this year - weak setlist, IMHO.
Last year, on the contrary, they just showed that they are ready to introduce new ideas and new sounds (100 points for BRB as a starter and 200 points for SG/Swoon section).
I would agree, sadly thought this years was weaker than 2021 and 2022.

Looking forward to 2024 nonetheless. Got my glasto tickets earlier today and so hopefully they'll be back gracing the Other Stage again!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

The Light and Sound Industrial magazine has a long article about this tour's production:
https://digital.lsionline.com/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=7520473f-c0bb-4f60-828b-c144a4dbf7cb&pnum=

Haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's an interesting read a bit about how the live shows come together and the crew that makes them possible :)

Looks like they might be the surprise guest tomorrow at that charity event on their story? They have been advertising it for weeks

Sadly out of town or i'd be there
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Dec 02, 2023, 18:02
Looks like they might be the surprise guest tomorrow at that charity event on their story? They have been advertising it for weeks
it's probably the Kayos Bros

Quote from: shakermaker on Dec 02, 2023, 23:22
it's probably the Kayos Bros
I think it's actually the Turbo Nutters.