1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

U.K. 2023 Tour

Started by nalaknip, Mar 27, 2023, 08:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Evening all, new here, so hello!

Got tickets for the O2 tomorrow. Will be my 4th live, though they never cease to amaze. Images above/videos online look absolutely insane! 
Music's killing me, music's killing me.

Welcome @MontyMonts! Great that you've found this little Chems corner.
Hope you all are going to have splendid time tomorrow!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 03, 2023, 17:40
Welcome @MontyMonts! Great that you've found this little Chems corner.
Hope you all are going to have splendid time tomorrow!
Thanks, @Csar

Unfortunately my mate can no longer come along since he's taken a big wallop with the Covid stick, but I'll be there! 

Atmospheric pre show shot from Birmingham - my first non-festival Chems gig 

Please log in to view this attachment.

Anyone know what time Tom and Ed have been coming on? Around 9:00ish?? 

Quote from: MontyMonts on Nov 03, 2023, 19:28
Anyone know what time Tom and Ed have been coming on? Around 9:00ish??
Yup

Spoiler
Spoiler
No Geography

It's actually kinda baffling me how, since 2021, we still don't have a single clip of TDTYF live in it's entirety.

Besides the help from Wolkenkraber, I did find this too
Last Edit: Nov 04, 2023, 00:24 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Nov 03, 2023, 22:09
It's actually kinda baffling me how, since 2021, we still don't have a single clip of TDTYF live in it's entirety.
Jump back a page on this thread to my post #114. Full 2 hour Glasgow show embedded. See 1hr47 to 1hr52 for TDTYF.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 03, 2023, 22:39
Jump back a page on this thread to my post #114. Full 2 hour Glasgow show embedded. See 1hr47 to 1hr52 for TDTYF.
I guess I retract that statement :o

(Work's been pulling me out of the loop, too much, I gotta binge-read topics on this website again.)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Behold , . . they're coming back , or rather , behold , . . they've been back , past tense now , as i saw them last night in Birmingham ,  fantastic as always , first time seeing them since 2018 so it was great to hear the new material ,  totally forgot about the re-work of Setting Sun , loved that in the setlist ,  as well as DYOH ,  then the robots made an un-expected appearance to mass effect during ' that song ' and it all went off gloriously ,  Temptation / Star Guitar is such a trip visually now and soooo good with the re-worked synth patterns ,  i would've liked more Wide Open , and less Goodbye , but hey , it's all fine really ,  randomly i managed to catch a piece of confetti during Got to Keep on , and i punched a balloon during Saturate ,  i reached out to ChemdUp a few days before the show for possible meet up but i was rushed for time ,  travelling straight from work , caught train , checked in hotel , made my way to venue etc etc , so everything was moving quite fast ,  met some kindred spirits in the standing/mosh area however , and chatted to some cool people ,  what a blast and top night. Next up ,  The Prodigy , finishing the year off with a loud ruckus.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Ok so my feet are killing me right now because I danced through basically the whole show, after ten days of vacation with lots of hiking/sightseeing walking. So worth it!

Wow! London last night was incredible!!

Glad to hear a good chunk of 'Goodbye', seeing as it's my favourite track on FTBF. More of a delicate track on the album, but the bass last night almost blew my legs off 😂

I was a bit disappointed by the event at the O2 in London last night tbh. The show itself was amazing, so big ups to Tom, Ed, Smith & Lyall, George & Mildred, and everyone involved in pulling it off. So many epic tunes and the visuals of course were stunning. As someone previously mentioned, hearing Goodbye live was such a goosebumps moment, it was incredible. 

However, the venue itself was waaaaay oversold and much too crowded to be able to properly enjoy it. It was such a contrast to the last time they played the O2 (possibly the best gig of theirs I've even been to) when there was enough room to have a dance and not feel packed in like sardines. Maybe they could've played two nights and spread the crowd out a bit. But I guess that's the state of post-Covid gig economics nowadays  ::shake  I hope in future they scale back the crowds a bit.

But anyway, no complaints about the show itself, Tom & Ed were at the peak of their powers and absolutely smashed it  :luv

Hm, I was up front at the center (a couple meters meters behind the barriers) and I had space to dance. I guess it always takes a bit of luck with the people surrounding you.

^totally. The best thing that can happen is if people you're with or surrounded by are enjoying themselves as much as you do and making it enjoyable for everyone else by being considerate and polite, esp. in a crowded situation.

By the way, thanks for the reviews! I'm quite jealous I've gotta say! It does look pretty full, which also makes me happy that their shows are still selling well!

Here's an EV, DYOH and Saturate inflatable ball madness from first row's perspective.

The segue to Setting Sun doesn't quite fit though.

And this one's including Goodbye with the Reverent! Love the short part towards the end before Jesse's vocal come back for a brief moment. Could -  no, should have been a bit longer to give it more of Chemical live twist!

The Reel

The Darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xnHyzvBPA&pp=ygURY2hlbWljYWwgYnJvdGhlcnM%3D
It unfortunately cuts in after the transition which is so so good.

20 min Star Guitar/ Wide Open/ Chemical Beats-MusicResponse/BRB

Encore from Birmingham !

This one includes the lovely transition from NG to TDTYF!
Last Edit: Nov 05, 2023, 21:01 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 05, 2023, 20:34
And this one's including Goodbye with the Reverent! Love the short part towards the end before Jesse's vocal come back for a brief moment. Could -  no, should have been a bit longer to give it more of Chemical live twist!

Right at the beginning, bottom right in front of the guy with glasses on his head taking pictures, you see some hands in the air, I think this is (probably) me.

I was wrong here, because I can see this guy with the glasses in my pictures, so I was a little bit further behind.
Last Edit: Nov 09, 2023, 17:00 by Stefan

Even if I had a billion words they still would not be enough to explain what I felt and still am feeling after their show in London. This was my first time seeing them live, I got to the very front with two friends I made on the forum and the discord and it felt as if I knew them forever. The crowd was so vastly different from every other concert I've been to, no one is pushing onto you, everyone is so respectful and there to enjoy the moment. The show itself was phenomenal, unlike anything I've ever seen before. I've seen ChemBros videos, movies, Coachella all online, but this was something else. I felt high while sober as a judge, and at a certain point I felt I lost all control of my body. I was aware my dancing was weird, I probably looked like I was having a stoke, but that was what felt right and what the music made me do. I believe Ed waved at me and pointed at my friend, it feels so surreal seeing someone you looked up to for so long for the very first time, I was thinking, my God, they're real and they're up there and I see them and they see me and my friends and everyone else and we're all in here seeing each other and feeling the love. My feet were numb from various sightseeing and city exploration I've done on the day before and just hours before the concert, but I still had it in me to dance and give it my all.

I don't want to sound pretentious, but I believe this show was a pivotal event in my life. I just got back to Berlin, and I'm already yearning for more. I'm yearning for my community, the friends I made along the way, the sense of belonging. I'm aware that I am not very aware of the full scope of it quite yet, but something just clicked that night. Without a doubt the best day of my life this far.

I love being a Chemical Sibling  :partyG
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Haha, first gigs are always so special, I still remember mine fondly from 12 years ago :)
No amount of watching live recordings can prepare you for actually experiencing it live!
I hope there will be may more gigs to come for all of us!

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 05, 2023, 18:10
Hm, I was up front at the center (a couple meters meters behind the barriers) and I had space to dance. I guess it always takes a bit of luck with the people surrounding you.

I'm glad you had a bit of room to dance. We were more or less centre-right, just at the back of the zone I like to call 'the confetti ball zone' (ie. the area in the crowd where you can touch the confetti during GKO and the balls during Saturate). So we weren't as close to the stage as you were. But it was RAMMED. Definitely no room to dance except to shuffle from side to side, and it was like that from there all the way to the back.

Maybe we should've tried to get further forward, but thanks to our group underestimating the length of the queues to get in, we got in much later than we would have liked so getting a decent spot was very difficult.

Anyway I'm glad to see that others had a great time. Sadly I didn't, but I'm not super fussed because I've had plenty of amazing times at Chems gigs in the past (too many to count) :)