Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

2015 - Apple Music Festival - Roundhouse - London - September 24th

Started by Bosco, Sep 02, 2015, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Once again, thank you Benji and Toxic for making it possible to rewatch this in home theaters! Even though the live shows have already been awesome this year, this set is really refreshing. It easily demonstrates what I've always loved about the chems' live performances: their talent to tweak their album tracks and their devotion to changing things during their tours. It's not like just turning on the play button and just play a potpourri of their album songs. Almost no show is like the other. This is one of those shows that truely goes beyond the "routine" (of the first shows) like they've always done in later runs of their tours (think of AMMC or Das Spiegel, TPWHYN into WATN, My Elastic Eye etc.).
While Snow/ Surface to AIr is an obvious standout and instant classic, I've also fallen instantly in love with the new Escape Velocity transition. That altered synth is fecking HUGE! Especially when it goes 2 octaves deeper it sends shivers down my spine. And don't mention TPPR. Damn, since they spiced it up with the Stones I've always been wanting a clean recording of that - and finally, 5 years later we got lucky!
I'm so glad this show has been captured in this crisp and impeccable quality, it makes me even more wish we had this for older sets too. The chems should go down the Sigur Rós golden path and release their sets on a public ftp for many fans to enjoy. There are too many live gems that now live a lonesome life behind a chemical sofa!
Last Edit: Sep 27, 2015, 09:38 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 26, 2015, 12:51

You are missing Saturate/EBW8 after OOC. And EBW9 is in there somwhere.
And it is funny that you renamed SIFSD into EBW11 but EBW7 into Acid Children.

The played a big mash up of old and new material, it's hard to pinpoint every track.

THANKS!! but I don't have listened EBW9 You're sure?
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Hi there all, first post!

Can anyone please, please send me a link to the full video, need this in my life!

Expected this to turn up on bitorrent like last years' iTunes Festival, but doesn't seem to have happened :(

Anyone know where the "Come on yo a less rock too" and after the whistle  sample come from?

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Sep 27, 2015, 11:22

Anyone know where the "Come on yo a less rock too" and after the whistle  sample come from?
00:07

Edit : and by the way it's "Come on y'all let's rock the..."  ;D
Last Edit: Sep 27, 2015, 20:43 by Ben_j

BEN_J  YOU'RE THE MASTER  :o :o

You made my day ! the new introduction of Escape Velocity is absolutely great, it needs a bit more progressive building but it's awesome, the track relive !! and what about surface to air  ??? ???

The audio & video quality is so good...i 'm done  ;D

Quote from: Csar on Sep 27, 2015, 09:36

Once again, thank you Benji and Toxic for making it possible to rewatch this in home theaters! Even though the live shows have already been awesome this year, this set is really refreshing. It easily demonstrates what I've always loved about the chems' live performances: their talent to tweak their album tracks and their devotion to changing things during their tours. It's not like just turning on the play button and just play a potpourri of their album songs. Almost no show is like the other. This is one of those shows that truely goes beyond the "routine" (of the first shows) like they've always done in later runs of their tours (think of AMMC or Das Spiegel, TPWHYN into WATN, My Elastic Eye etc.).
While Snow/ Surface to AIr is an obvious standout and instant classic, I've also fallen instantly in love with the new Escape Velocity transition. That altered synth is fecking HUGE! Especially when it goes 2 octaves deeper it sends shivers down my spine. And don't mention TPPR. Damn, since they spiced it up with the Stones I've always been wanting a clean recording of that - and finally, 5 years later we got lucky!
I'm so glad this show has been captured in this crisp and impeccable quality, it makes me even more wish we had this for older sets too. The chems should go down the Sigur Rós golden path and release their sets on a public ftp for many fans to enjoy. There are too many live gems that now live a lonesome life behind a chemical sofa!

That made me happy while I read it. Great words

After repeated views, I now go straight to EML, SNOW/STA, UTI, and TPPR!  8)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Speaking of samples included in the show: starting at about 1:47:35, one can hear sounds from the C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. track:

Please, re-upload video full chemical brothers live apple music!

Ooooooooooh...

Ohhh...

Ooooooh...

Snow. Surface To Air. It's like heaven.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 27, 2015, 11:34

00:07

Edit : and by the way it's "Come on y'all let's rock the..."  ;D
thanks!!! and sorry i'm italian: I'm not accostumed to listen the english ;D
Last Edit: Sep 29, 2015, 14:04 by NiCk.Dj

And what is it the sample at 1:31:52? and the drum sample between EBW8 & elektrobank?
I saw (I think) that's called Here comes the drum...
Last Edit: Sep 29, 2015, 14:25 by NiCk.Dj