Love Is All

2015 - Apple Music Festival - Roundhouse - London - September 24th

Started by Bosco, Sep 02, 2015, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Several questions:
Csar, thanks for the audio; I grabbed the first version. Is the second louder version actually better?
Who do i grab the whole audio visual thing from?
Whitenoise, who did you think the special guest was going to be ? Beck? Was there a plan that you knew of that didn't come to fruition?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The special guest was simply the supporting act Hudson Mohawke which played before the Chems.
(All gigs at the Apple Music Festival had their supporting acts listed as special guest).

Quote from: Skyscraper on Nov 28, 2015, 12:11

Several questions:
Csar, thanks for the audio; I grabbed the first version. Is the second louder version actually better?
Who do i grab the whole audio visual thing from?
Whitenoise, who did you think the special guest was going to be ? Beck? Was there a plan that you knew of that didn't come to fruition?
The first cut of the two versions was a recording I did with my soundcard and then splitted into indivual tracks and the second one is from Benji's direct source material. So, in terms of best sound quality the second version might be it. I only raised the volume by 1,5 db. My own recording might be a tad louder because of the settings I used in the software. But since Benji's audio is the original one you might want to get the second version.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks Csar.   :)

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 28, 2015, 14:30

The special guest was simply the supporting act Hudson Mohawke which played before the Chems.
(All gigs at the Apple Music Festival had their supporting acts listed as special guest).

Yep, am aware  - I caught HudMo on the night. But WN seemed to be suggesting that he knew something further (I guess not though):
Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 22, 2015, 15:19

That special guest might be showing up in the show itself... wink wink.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I think this statement from Whitenoise was guesswork and whishful thinking, based on the announcement of the special guest. Which sounded reasonable, until I noticed that all artists at the AMF were announced with a special guest.

Stefan's right. It was wishful thinking, although it was also guesswork based on not entirely unreasonable grounds.
One time in Chicago...  ;D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Skyscraper on Nov 28, 2015, 12:11

Definitely Beck. Thought it was going to be Beck. Tom told me in Chicago they were rehearsing Wide Open and planned on debuting it at this concert. He didn't mention Beck appearing on stage with them though, that was me filling in blanks/guessing.

It's possible there were plans to have Beck come on, but they fell through and the live rendition they were rehearsing depended on him being there. Or Beck wasn't in the works at all, and T and A decided Snow/Surface To Air was a better choice.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 02, 2015, 23:15

Definitely Beck. Thought it was going to be Beck. Tom told me in Chicago they were rehearsing Wide Open and planned on debuting it at this concert. He didn't mention Beck appearing on stage with them though, that was me filling in blanks/guessing.

Aha! Thank you, that's more or less what I suspected. Did you have a long chat with Tom?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Any chance someone can post a video file of the show again? My file stopped at 65.5% due to the lack of seeds.

Anyone know where I can purchase the full session video and or music from the Apple Music Festival 2015 in London set of the Chemical Brothers?  I can find snippets online, but would like to own it.  The music and video are outstanding!  I went out and immediately purchased the Born in the Echoes album, but the mix of old and new, and the live improves from the group left me mesmerized. Some artists sold their sets as video albums, but I never saw anything from my favorite electronic duo!

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction or passes the message along to the top.

Thanks!

Mat
Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 19:52 by chemicalDC

Heres the playlist on soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/deyron/sets/the-chemical-brothers-live-at-apple-music-festival-24092015

or the full MP3 (also on soundcloud):
https://soundcloud.com/j_sykesproductions/the-chemical-brothers-live-apple-music-festival-2015

you may need to use an Soundcloud to mp3 converter to download them.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Soundcloud's quality is gonna be terrible and the best part of the show is the visual element too, better shot than anything except Don't Think, arguably.

PM me!
Never for money, always for love.

well then thats all I've got. sorry about that  :(
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Thank you.  I think it would be a cool video album too.  The video work is amazing.  I love just listening to it, but I get mesmerized when watching the video.  I have never seen a video of a concert that seemed cooler than being at the venue -- but this may have been it.

Quote from: climbatize92 on Mar 18, 2018, 20:08

Do you have missing Chemical Beats & Block Rockin Beats?
Im almost done working on separating tracks, I'll PM you when Im done.

Back up on YT again, so watch it while you can!

One of the best live performances imo. "Snow Surface" and that specific version of Escape Velocity/ Golden Path is the pinnacle of encores for me so far.
— Aurora (The Seed)

I don't know how to record off YT but if anyone does and wants to DM me a DL of that vid I'd be eternally grateful!