Got Glint?

2015 - Apple Music Festival - Roundhouse - London - September 24th

Started by Bosco, Sep 02, 2015, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic
The Chems bass gets so low-low
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Sep 04, 2015, 02:31

I'm in love with the Koko

I played there once. Fucking incredible experience. Ended up sleeping in the green room afterwards too 'cause I missed my last train home. Top night.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 04, 2015, 08:02

There is another London option - Alexandra Palace.  Prodigy already played there this year (I was there) and I've seen LCD Soundsytem and a bunch of other people there too. Capacity circa 8000.

I've never been. I've heard excellent things though. Hopefully they wait until I'm back from America to play there.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 04, 2015, 09:55

Is this already confirmed?

I don't remember where I posted it but Tom says they "are coming up with plans" for 2016. No idea what they are yet. We're all speculating a proper headline tour though.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 04, 2015, 08:02
Do you mean the show that they're touring or the itunes show in particular?  If you mean the itunes show in particular, then I would only partly agree. Lots of artists have played the itunes festival and it does them no harm but I don't think it massively boosts ticket sales.

Yeah, I meant the added exposure that iTunes will provide, will help encourage a future tour for next year.

It might not make an immediate impact to ticket sales per say, but showing the public on a wide range media platform like iTunes for free, will certainly stir people's interest for the future.  Thus, increasing demand for their LIVE experience. It will ultimately be up to Tom and Ed (and Adam) how they want to pursue it.

Since this will be the first non-festival live recording since ages, we might have a chance at a recording of The Reel :-D

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 04, 2015, 14:18

I don't remember where I posted it but Tom says they "are coming up with plans" for 2016. No idea what they are yet. We're all speculating a proper headline tour though.
Must've slipped past me, but I haven't read all interviews. Now I'll keep my fingers crossed for a show in Austria, or at least somewhere I can afford to travel.

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 04, 2015, 20:47

Since this will be the first non-festival live recording since ages, we might have a chance at a recording of The Reel :-D

I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 04, 2015, 20:47

Must've slipped past me, but I haven't read all interviews. Now I'll keep my fingers crossed for a show in Austria, or at least somewhere I can afford to travel.
I think it was during one of those radio interviews, either on BBC or Triple J, where Tom sort of confirmed they would be touring and Ed might be back "next" year.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 04, 2015, 21:02

I wouldn't get your hopes up...
I believe the hope's justified here because they tend to play BRB at festivals more often as the closer than on their own shows when the Reel is in their list of tracks (wasn't it in 2007 where the Reel was almost completely omitted from the sets?). Now that the Reel has been even more brushed up than 2010 I guess it's quite likely they'll be playing it.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Excuse my senior moment, but any ideas how I enter? I am logged in to iTunes Store within the iTunes software. Whenever I click 'Win Tickets' it launches me to the 'Connecting to Itunes Store' web page.

I want to enter!

Apparently you have to be a UK resident to enter the contest
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

The Brothers just launched a separate competition to win tickets to the Roundhouse show. It seems to be a worldwide thing.

Good luck, folks.

http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/vvreg/10400-421997

Their tweets about it mostly say UK only. Probably not worldwide...

Oh boo. Why have the option to choose which country you're from then?

Sorry everyone.
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015, 17:34 by Enjoyed

That being said, I just signed up for shits and giggles and it worked without a hitch. Didn't yell at me once for not being American!

If I win a copy, a UK forumite gets it, I promise!

(Unless Android's really hooking us up with plane tickets and that wasn't just the bourbon and drugs talking! ;D)

::) I entered last week so i'm just waiting for that 'Congratulations' email to drop from Apple Music Events  ::)
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Sep 11, 2015, 18:06

::) I entered last week so i'm just waiting for that 'Congratulations' email to drop from Apple Music Events  ::)

Enter the competition too. No reason not to increase your chances.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 11, 2015, 17:33

That being said, I just signed up for shits and giggles and it worked without a hitch. Didn't yell at me once for not being American!

If I win a copy, a UK forumite gets it, I promise!

(Unless Android's really hooking us up with plane tickets and that wasn't just the bourbon and drugs talking! ;D)
Could be tricky. The normal apple/itunes process involves bringing along photo ID to match the name. I imagine the same will apply for this.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Glad to see everyone is  optimistic about more dates. Bestival is so close to where I live, but can't make it due to baby.

I don't mind Brixton, but there is better London venues. Would like to see them return to Olympia as that was a really good show and venue a few years back, I saw Ed a few weeks after when they were djing at the south bank and he said they enjoyed that one a lot. I get the feeling it was a one off however and maybe it would be a shame to change that, it was special to see they where the surrender art is based.

Apparently Alexander Palace isn't great, plus it's tricky to get to. Would much rather a small venue tour 

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)