The Music Gets Louder, The Lights Swirl Faster

2023/5/20 Mallorca Live Festival [Spain]

Started by Bosco, May 19, 2023, 05:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: hstn on May 22, 2023, 18:43
Aside from the rough Go intro and the ending of No Reason cut shorter the transitions here are really awesome

Damn, Mark has his facial expressions down to a tee. So good! Witty, scary, ironic. Just like he did for his Acid Clown. Love it!
Now I'd like to see a combo with Flatnose George and him.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 22, 2023, 20:04
Damn, Mark has his facial expressions down to a tee. So good! Witty, scary, ironic. Just like he did for his Acid Clown. Love it!
Now I'd like to see a combo with Flatnose George and him.
Mark Monero playing the Blue Facepaint Sci-Fi Devil miming to k-os shouting the title of "Get Yourself High" like he's Laurence Olivier doing King Lear,  then slowly letting the wackiness creep in, is so inspired, and sells the moment so well. Endless props
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Aside from the rough Go intro and the ending of No Reason cut shorter the transitions here are really awesome

For HBHG, OH THANK GOD! They brought back mr sunglasses! I always said it, I hated the CGI head. my stepdad knew immediately, the second he looked at my face during the song.

So cool seeing monero return for Get Yourself High (even taking over for DIA), and his wacky expressions carry over from the clown. I will miss OOC/DIA, kinda wish they kept the 2021 cut, maybe it could've had a longer lifespan thoughout the years.
come to think of it, kinda cool seeing so much removed tracks return to the setlist. (Gives me hope for Hold Tight London/TDTYF as the Encore)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

What's there?
Please log in to view this attachment.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on May 23, 2023, 05:30
What's there?
The first 22 minutes of the Mallorca gig including the new visual for GYH
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

New for 2023 

1) The Smurf Devil is an upgrade. I'll miss the Acid Clown but this fits the bill for GYH! , and it goes well with the 'blair which' woods visual! 

2) I'm glad they also got rid of the blue eyes green eyes from Temptation/SG! 

3) Mr Sunglasses HBHG returns

4) Saturate is back

5) 2 new tracks

6) Robots get new paint dips and appear on CB! 

Great changes! I love these live 'refreshers'  something new always comes around.
Wait a sec! What happened to my Hoops/FY/ EML 3 headed monster? NOOOO!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 24, 2023, 16:33
New for 2023

1) The Smurf Devil is an upgrade. I'll miss the Acid Clown but this fits the bill for GYH! , and it goes well with the 'blair which' woods visual!

3) Mr Sunglasses HBHG returns

4) Saturate is back

5) 2 new tracks

6) Robots get new paint dips and appear on CB!

Great changes! I love these live 'refreshers'  something new always comes around.
Wait a sec! What happened to my Hoops/FY/ EML 3 headed monster? NOOOO!

The removal of Hoops is my ONLY grievance with this show

I do hope the beast finds his way back in the future, that Golden Path interlude with the acid has to be one of the most intense segments they've done in recent years...AND I GAAAAINEDDD COOONTROOOOL OF MYYSEEELF
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Go is not a good opener
I can do without Saturate

BRB/Siren/CHEMICAL into Go was way, way better

— Aurora (The Seed)

Chemical brah's, lets 
Quote from: hstn on May 24, 2023, 20:31
The removal of Hoops is my ONLY grievance with this show

I do hope the beast finds his way back in the future, that Golden Path interlude with the acid has to be one of the most intense segments they've done in recent years...AND I GAAAAINEDDD COOONTROOOOL OF MYYSEEELF
Ah damn, hoops is gone? Well, my ankle is getting better so I suppose it's okay.. (Backstory; broke ankle at concert; requested hoops for set; got hoops; hoops gone). 

Best interlude for me was Believe around 2008.... ["I needed to believe, ah ah ahahahaha"]  Just too much.. 

Quote from: Foxboy on May 28, 2023, 11:11
Backstory; broke ankle at concert; requested hoops for set; got hoops; hoops gone

Sorry for your broken ankle, but  :D
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Foxboy on May 28, 2023, 11:11
Chemical brah's, lets Ah damn, hoops is gone? Well, my ankle is getting better so I suppose it's okay.. (Backstory; broke ankle at concert; requested hoops for set; got hoops; hoops gone).
I remember your broken ankle. And I remember you hanging on to the rubbish bin while screaming during Star Guitar. But I don't remember Hoops. Mind you, that was a weird 48 hour period for me somehow being in 5 different cities (Berlin, London, Dublin, Atlanta, Washington DC). 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 24, 2023, 16:33

I will 100% seek out another show this year for this alone.

Come back stateside, would ya lads?

dancesoitallkeepsspinning