Life Is Sweet

2023/11/19 - Corona Capital, México

Started by nekoland, Jun 05, 2023, 21:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 30, 2023, 01:16
Right, but does Corona Capitol have Hula Hoops and Jaffa Cakes?
And Honey Nut Shredded Wheat?!?
Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2023, 02:19
niche British snacks < Mexican street food
but... Jaffa Cakes. 

Is this the real deal from Corona Capital 2023?

Was this live streamed? Sounds like it comes straight from the recording desk (peaking a little, though). It's too bad it being a festival show and thus missing  the encore with my most favorite part of this tour No Geography + Darkness.

Edit: Former link had weird  distortions, like an old cassette, at times.
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2023, 21:04 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

There is no George and Mildred on the show! I suppose it is to reduce logistics and transportation costs.

If anyone is on Facebook check out the Chems 'Brotherhood' page. So much love and enthusiasm and afterglowing going on over there 👏🏻 The show looks to have gone off with a tremendous bang! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Csar on Nov 20, 2023, 17:39
Is this the real deal from Corona Capital 2023?

Was this live streamed? Sounds like it comes straight from the recording desk (peaking a little, though). It's too bad it being a festival show and thus missing  the encore with my most favorite part of this tour No Geography + Darkness.

Edit: Former link had weird  distortions, like an old cassette, at times.
Ok wow, that's definitely a soundboard recording. Without crowd noise, too. :o

I was just thinking a day or two ago that live recordings of their shows have becoming way more abundant but poorer in sound quality (phones vs someone bringing a proper device back in 2007), but the again the occasional soundboard recording of a streamed concert arrives less than 24 hours after a concert... so that's neat!

I'm so glad this show / festival was documented. I went last time they played at Corona Capital and it was / is a first rate festival with an amazing crowd and a wonderful city. I tried to convince my wife to go this year but couldn't swing it. 

Even though I'm going to Mexico tomorrow for a wedding. Just a few days off. Maybe next time. 

I highly recommend anyone in the states / Canada / Mexico / etc to make the trek to this festival, even if the chems are not there. They know how to organize a good time. 

Quote from: mesamm99 on Nov 21, 2023, 03:59
I'm so glad this show / festival was documented. I went last time they played at Corona Capital and it was / is a first rate festival with an amazing crowd and a wonderful city. I tried to convince my wife to go this year but couldn't swing it.

Even though I'm going to Mexico tomorrow for a wedding. Just a few days off. Maybe next time.

I highly recommend anyone in the states / Canada / Mexico / etc to make the trek to this festival, even if the chems are not there. They know how to organize a good time.

Viva la México!

Here's hoping history repeats itself and they play the spring version of Corona Capital (2024) in Guadalajara, and perhaps spurring a USA stop.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Nov 21, 2023, 03:59

Lineup there is always ridiculous - shame how bad the 3 big names clash though each night! If you watched all of chems you had to miss half of both the other headliners :(

Latin America / South America always have amazing crowds
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Are there any better recording ? One that is not 720p and has no black bars...

From what I understand it was streamed on youtube and twitch, it would have been pretty easy for both to make a clean rip :(

Quote from: nekoland on Nov 20, 2023, 19:06
There is no George and Mildred on the show! I suppose it is to reduce logistics and transportation costs.
;D first thing I did was look for Chemical Beats to see if they made it over. Mustnt have got their Mexican visas sorted
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

That Temptation transition was weird. Play the old version like in the early days or play the version with vocals. And using it throughout SG doesn't sound right. But the transition from SG into LA is a thumps up
no idea, no idea

Kitten killer

Favourite part: Ed at 01:35:35 - 01:35:40   ;D
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 20, 2023, 22:24
Ok wow, that's definitely a soundboard recording. Without crowd noise, too. :o
I wonder if this is really a pure "Tom and Ed" soundboard recording and not a second party kind of recording (like a Corona Capital directed one), meaning another mix other than straight from the mixing desk. I say that because there is crowd/atmo mixed in and unfortunately the beats/percussion tend to be a bit unbalanced volume-wise, often getting drowned out by effects and synths etc and thus lacking some punch.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 21, 2023, 19:57
That Temptation transition was weird. Play the old version like in the early days or play the version with vocals. And using it throughout SG doesn't sound right. But the transition from SG into LA is a thumps up
I don't mind that segue as much. I actually like this one much better than the previous version and am happy they got rid of the Blue/Green/Gray eyes vocals (Sorry, Mr. Sumner!!). But I agree on the length of the use of the vocal effects over SG, went on for a little too long. It also sort of sucked out the energy of SG's peak moment when the Take What I take vocals come in. I'm also no fan of the SG/LA segue because the SG outro synth doesn't go well with LA's intro melody imo.
Listen to Goodbye/Setting Sun, this one's jarring!

For me, this is the first tour of theirs ever where some transitions/ sound combinations just don't really work. In all these years, I never ever had these moments where I was like "hm, this sounds weird" (maybe with the exception of the Believe vocals over Saturate). But there are also plenty of really cool things going on, too, making it one of the most playful tours they've ever done imo. I'm pretty torn.
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2023, 09:54 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 21, 2023, 22:38
Listen to Goodbye/Setting Sun, this one's jarring!
Oh I agree!

I would have liked more bottom end vibrations and louder drums on Goodbye. Maybe it sounded different at the venue though?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I ripped the Audio, hit me up if you want a download link.

Tried to rip the video as well (using Stacher), but for some odd reason the downloaded video doesn't have an audio track. Maybe some settings are wrong, I'll try again sometime.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 23, 2023, 13:34
Oh I agree!

Perhaps I need to clarify a bit: I only meant the segue between these two. I actually really like this Goodbye live version, especially its second to last half where everything gets upped a notch with its swelling psychedelic synth pads and effects. I would have loved to have something like this for the album version, to be honest. And just like on the album, imo it's just not very well placed between tracks. The emotional ecstasy they've created for its outro should not be cut off so brutally. Maybe they were running behind their schedule and had to cut it shorter or whatever.. But it needs to breath like Wide Open. Maybe it was better if Setting Sun and GB switched places.
Also, Setting Sun is one of my favorites of this tour. This new elongated glide/portamento effect for its guitar sample at the end is so cool and put a YUGE smile on my face.

I've said it a couple of times already, but I'm really, really, REALLY, loving their No Geography/ Darkness mash-up. It kind of redeems the "grievances" I have about both album and their current show. So frickin' damn good (some more effects and/or additional elements here and there and it would be perfect) And as with GB, this one should have made the album instead of the rather underwhelming Harvest mix.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 23, 2023, 13:34
I would have liked more bottom end vibrations and louder drums on Goodbye. Maybe it sounded different at the venue though?
I'd like to believe that this recording was a Corona Capital one because I can't imagine the beats where that faint during the show. Can any festival goer confirm/deny that?
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2023, 22:54 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I got the video of show officially ripped.... More coming later. I;ll keep yall posted; good day!))

Does anyone know what vocals they use in Goodbye? Help me! Please  ;D