'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

GO!

Started by toxic, Sep 04, 2015, 07:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Remember, remember, the 4th of September....

Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015, 07:35 by toxic

Damn that was quick! I didn't know anything about the release till 2 weeks ago. Like i said before, I wish those remixes were on there.  :( Is that one sided? Any sketchings?
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 04, 2015, 10:12

Damn that was quick!

Just to be clear, this is not my copy (image from eBay), I will receive mine probably Tuesday...  :)
Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015, 11:51 by toxic

Totally missed that release. :o

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 05, 2015, 06:54

Totally missed that release. :o
Bosco gave us the heads up in the "Go: Remix Package" thread.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 04, 2015, 10:12

Damn that was quick! I didn't know anything about the release till 2 weeks ago. Like i said before, I wish those remixes were on there.  :( Is that one sided? Any sketchings?
Received my copy today :) no etchings whatsoever, 1 track on each side. Looks cool!

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Nice! But I call shenanigans, Uncharted 4 will not be released for another year, Uncharted is no-go!  ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Been in Chemical Spotting for weeks. Keep up!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Last Edit: Dec 31, 2015, 16:15 by wrclaguna

That was a good rendition!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: wrclaguna on Dec 14, 2015, 20:51

I used Google's page translation to know what the japanese parts meant and... Well, the French speaking part of this forum will probably burst into laughter as I did :D

Was I the only person who thought that the chorus section of Go didn't sound like somethng the Chems would normally cook up?

I've read about songwriting camps/retreats where a bunch of musicians are invited to come together (for a fee) to help come up with a hit for an artist. I reckon that's what happened with Go. It seems that Karen and Nick from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, along with Santigold and a bunch of others were involved in writing this one.

I don't know if anyone here has paid up access to BMG rights management or ASCAP or wherever you check the whole songwriters/royalty stuff, but I suspect that this website probably does. I'd be surprised if they just made up this list of songwriters:

Edmund John Simons, Thomas Owen Mostyn Rowlands, Santi White, Karen Lee Orzolek, Nicholas Joseph Zinner, Sheppard J. Solomon, Dave Taylor, Simon Ellis, Greg Curtis, Robert James Waller, Kamaal Ibn Jonathan Davis Fareed, Joyo
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 24, 2016, 12:45

Was I the only person who thought that the chorus section of Go didn't sound like somethng the Chems would normally cook up?

I've read about songwriting camps/retreats where a bunch of musicians are invited to come together (for a fee) to help come up with a hit for an artist. I reckon that's what happened with Go. It seems that Karen and Nick from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, along with Santigold and a bunch of others were involved in writing this one.

I don't know if anyone here has paid up access to BMG rights management or ASCAP or wherever you check the whole songwriters/royalty stuff, but I suspect that this website probably does. I'd be surprised if they just made up this list of songwriters:

Edmund John Simons, Thomas Owen Mostyn Rowlands, Santi White, Karen Lee Orzolek, Nicholas Joseph Zinner, Sheppard J. Solomon, Dave Taylor, Simon Ellis, Greg Curtis, Robert James Waller, Kamaal Ibn Jonathan Davis Fareed, Joyo
Interesting... Dave Taylor is Switch/Solid Groove

Wait, I thought their names were Eddie Chemical and Tom Chemical? wtf???
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 24, 2016, 12:45

what the.... I haven't seen a dime in royalties!

But seriously, the writer of 'Bridges of Madison County' (who apparently also is a part time country musician) has credit towards "Go"? Are we to assume some of the lyrics came from that book or something?

I have my doubts about this "joint production". Do any other Chemical Brothers songs have a long list of not so obvious contributions?

*Edit:

doing some back search, apparently there is a mc named "Robert Waller" from the group 'Three Times Dope' back in the day. He seems to have done some work with some major artists over the years, and appears to be the one credited. I guess the idea of a musician retreat/camp could be true, but the Yeah Yeah Yeahs connection throws me for a loop.

Karen O and Chemical Brothers tune = yes please
Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016, 03:14 by Bosco

Hmm, I can't sleep and it's 3.50am...Anyway, I may have to take back the suggestion that this was a group effort.
I wonder if the people on that Musixmatch website may have mistakenly mashed together the writers of two different songs called GO, both involving Q-Tip.

Here's Go! by Santigold featuring Karen O. And it's the Switch remix.

I can't hear any direct correlation with the Chems' Go (though I was kinda hoping I would).
A look at Discogs shows a producer credit for Q-Tip, as well as an original mixing and writing credit for Switch. And Nick Zinner's in there too.
It still doesn't account for all the names on the Musixmatch website but...they may be wrong too. Sorry!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 26, 2016, 03:52

Hmm, I can't sleep and it's 3.50am...Anyway, I may have to take back the suggestion that this was a group effort.
I wonder if the people on that Musixmatch website may have mistakenly mashed together the writers of two different songs called GO, both involving Q-Tip.

Here's Go! by Santigold featuring Karen O. And it's the Switch remix.

I can't hear any direct correlation with the Chems' Go (though I was kinda hoping I would).
A look at Discogs shows a producer credit for Q-Tip, as well as an original mixing and writing credit for Switch. And Nick Zinner's in there too.
It still doesn't account for all the names on the Musixmatch website but...they may be wrong too. Sorry!

I think you're right. Santi White = Santigold

ГОРЯЧИЙ ПРИВЕТ ИЗ ТОМСКА !!! СПАСИБО !!!  :) https://vk.com/af_life_adm?w=wall293026771_407
Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:03 by Makatunka

Last Edit: Nov 14, 2016, 20:26 by wrclaguna