Life Is Sweet

Live Again

Started by gpro2005, Jun 21, 2023, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
https://fb.watch/mdS6R0-e8p/

"let me know what you think, I hope you enjoy"

Who's going to let her know?

Incidentally on the Instagram version she doesn't say, "let me know what you think".
So I guess we can only let her know on Facebook!

EDIT:  @Bosco sorry for turning the page on your joke, it was a good one (as long as people have read the Pilton Party thread in LIVE).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

maybe it's a rhetorical solicitation for input 

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 04, 2023, 09:47
In fact, wouldn't it be good if the Chems selected the kind of current artists who they actually play for remixing duties? I don't think they've ever played Maya Jane Coles in a DJ set, have they?
Hard agree. Another thing that I think made earlier remixes feel a bit more special (as per previous discussions re: it being a physical release with more meaning) - it felt like they were being remixed by their peers. I guess with such a legacy now it's a little more difficult to match that (and I'm not suggesting that Futureshock was on the same level at the time of Surrender) but there just seemed to be a more meaningful connection between the names remixing, and the releases of the time.

Again, MJC is a relatively big name, but you're right, The Chems wouldn't chuck this snoozer into a set, so why pay money to have it done?

How about a DJ Koze remix? The woozy Halo Maud vocals would sound great in a Koze production IMHO!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Still giving handclaps for a Akufen remix of any of their songs
no idea, no idea

Just watched the music video again with my kids and noticed that the album art work is behind the sink. At least at the end of the video. Makes me wonder what other clues might be in the video. 

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 04, 2023, 07:22
So the extended version is on Spotify but not on Beatport. Hmmm
Try the beatsource, it's where I've bought it at premiere
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

EDIT: I remember when S1 of The Mandelorian came out, it was said that that show was the first big production to shoot in front of a giant LED screen instead of a green screen. Looks like these guys have followed in their wake.
A belated thought on the music video itself: I like our protagonist lady and I like the changing scenery, but we see her head down on the table no less than eight times by my count, and I would prefer a bit less of that.  Even if she did something a bit different like go into the toilet or collapse on a bed, or walk in one door of the caravan and out another, it would break up the repetition of the head-on-the-table, IMHO.
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2023, 18:07 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 14, 2023, 17:39
I remember when S1 of The Mandelorian came out, it was said that that show was the first big production to shoot in front of a giant LED screen instead of a green screen. Looks like these guys have followed in their wake.

=>

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 19, 2023, 17:18
If anyone is interested in whats up with the ARRI XR production: https://www.arri.com/en/company/press/press-releases-2021/arri-opens-a-mixed-reality-studio-available-for-hire-to-productions-in-the-uk

Looks like it is nearly the same as Lucasfilms Industrial Light & Magic Stagecraft.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 14, 2023, 17:39

So, the video was shot on state-of-the-art cameras and then T&E said "make it look like it was shot on a potato". ;D

Oh wow, i can watch 'making of', but not the main feature, wow, thank you, thank you...
Hi Kevin!

Is the music video restricted for you, Explud?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yup, still restricted.
Don't worry, I watched it twice when I was on vacation in another country.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Aug 15, 2023, 11:44
Yup, still restricted.
Wait, what? Is this part of a content embargo for Russia?

Hope this doesn't keep you from hearing album on release...

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 15, 2023, 18:27
Is this part of a content embargo for Russia?
Yes, that's exactly it.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 15, 2023, 18:27
Hope this doesn't keep you from hearing album on release...
I can' t officially listen to it on the day of the release in any way.
I don't have the opportunity to buy the album directly somewhere or somehow. We have not received content from digital platforms since the spring of 2022, everything has remained in a "frozen" form since that time. Plus, contracts are terminated and content that has already been published or purchased(!) is gradually disappearing from the streaming platforms.
So I can't pre-order from any of the digital platforms.
And it is not possible for me to buy a physical copy, due to the fact that Visa/Mastercard has been blocked and payments are not accepted, even Paypal is blocked.

Yes, imagine that I have to say on the official forum, that the only opportunity to listen to the album on the day of release for it's administrator is only piracy.

Of course, I have already asked my friends in the UK to buy me a physical copy on the day of release and send it to me. And the hard way, but I transferred the money to them.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Aug 15, 2023, 11:44
Yup, still restricted. Don't worry, I watched it twice when I was on vacation in another country.
Glad it was vacation. Not the alternative / scary / please don't die conscription way to currently visit another country in your region. 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Aug 15, 2023, 21:47
Glad it was vacation. Not the alternative / scary / please don't die conscription way to currently visit another country in your region.
It was Turkey, not any of the neighboring countries :)
Hi Kevin!

Halo Maud has uploaded a video of her performing a lovely accoustic version of Live Again

Now I need it to be released!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Lovely. At this point we likely can create a ambient / chill mix of chems features doing solo / original works of their lyrics.

Edit: ooh! Shower thought. Maybe this is an idea for the usual dj mix that Tom and Ed usually do around album release. Haven't had anything yet.  I've posited the theory before.
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2023, 22:09 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I was hoping she would reveal previously unheard parts of the song. Instead she just stopped and blew on her guitar. Oh well...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 21, 2023, 20:59
I was hoping she would reveal previously unheard parts of the song. Instead she just stopped and blew on her guitar. Oh well...

That's not important, what's important is that she forgot about "ahhh" and "eh-ye-yeah" 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?