Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

Live Again

Started by gpro2005, Jun 21, 2023, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic

^ Oh that's tonight. In less than five hours for me.

The "link to" looks a little spartan.
No YouTube link and they don't bother encouraging us to buy it from places like Beatport (though it may be worth checking Beatport for an extended version anyway).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 27, 2023, 18:21
though it may be worth checking Beatport for an extended version anyway
That's exactly my plan for tomorrow ;D

So Wednesday apparently means 7:30am UK time, I guess?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1673797546622296065
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm predicting (only because I want it to be true), single drops Wednesday followed by album announcement Friday. Too many tracks are being dropped without an album notice at this point. I know it's the formula these days, but I'm still a fan of the full album listen versus tracks here and there. #oldskool

Quote from: Csar on Jun 27, 2023, 22:17
So Wednesday apparently means 7:30am UK time, I guess?
Yeah sorry for getting your hopes up. I'm off to bed. Something to look forward to in the morning. In the mean time, you could just play this on repeat:

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 27, 2023, 23:15
I'm predicting ... album announcement Friday.
They've told us the album drops on Friday 27th October. You may have to quell your hopes/expectations until then.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I think Oct. 27th was just a stand-in date in the pre-order emails. Iirc in one of the interviews after that th y mentioned that there isn't a specific date yet, just that it will be in Fall.

so you tellin' me october 27th is not final date for not final artwork?
no idea, no idea

Looking like it's premiering at 8:30am UK time...Please log in to view this attachment.

BANGER!
no idea, no idea

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1673965060375339008

Live Again (Single Edit)

Oh hang on, five minute version:
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Tom introducing it (also, Lauren says Not Final Artwork release is September...):

no idea, no idea

Full release is OUT...🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳what a tune. Saw them at Glasto's on Arcadia. Incredible show. Can't wait to see them again!!!!

Now this is Fast Music. An absolutely thrilling track.

Anybody already on the trail of what sounds like an 80's Danceteria-type cut sampled in the intro and/or breakdown?
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Some thoughts:
Halo Maud is an "indie" type singer-songwriter. I can't help but think: she wrote a more complete song than this.
It almost feels like she recorded a song and wanted to release it as a single, so Heavenly called the Chems and said: "Hey can you do a remix for the single release of this song?", and Tom went: "yeah we'll rip it up and make it ready for the floor".

We get some song-y bits in the first minute of the track, but after that the only lines we hear are basically "can we live again?".
The flange-y bits at around 1:38 (five minute version) are great, but it feels like that bit should be the "middle 8"/break and should happen about three quarters of the way through the track (around 3:24 onwards). It's too early.
And yeah, I want to hear more of the song. I'm sure Halo Maud wrote more of a song.

I like it but I want a different edit!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 28, 2023, 06:19
so you tellin' me october 27th is not final date for not final artwork?
It's a whole theme

Goddammnit I'm here at work without decent headphones so I'll have to wait until I get home

Hm.. Don't know how to put this. It's a nice track, a good idea. But I can't say I'm that hyped yet. Perhaps it's the editing like Wolkenkrabber said, I don't know.
I love the part where they break off the main loop to let it breathe for a moment and then let the deep bass kick in (the soundscape during that part is fantastic, want more of that!). The edit is a bit more succinct as the full 5 min version dwells a bit too long on that synth loop without adding much, imo. The hi-hats as prominent as they are could use some variations here and there as well, imo.
Maybe needs to grow on me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm really enjoying it, but that's no surprise. The arpeggio break reminds me when K+D+B was being performed live.

I'm also wondering if the intro and/or outro are transitions on the album. Kinda like the intro of HTL. I did like how much punchier the intro synth is at some of the love shows (filter envelope and resonance knob turned up), but that might be first version bias. Anyway, feeling hyped, but again, not surprising.

Quote from: Biff on Jun 28, 2023, 11:08
I'm also wondering if the intro and/or outro are transitions on the album.
Good point! There's this faint bassline at the beginning of the extended version that's never brought up again throughout the track.

Please log in to view this attachment.
— Aurora (The Seed)