Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!

Live Again

Started by gpro2005, Jun 21, 2023, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Biff on Jun 28, 2023, 11:08
at some of the love shows

Can we agree on calling every Chemical show "love show" instead of live show? You know, because it is.
no idea, no idea

I like it. I got the same vibes when I heard Under Neon Lights for the first time...

This song has been stuck in my head since that teaser, and is permanently implanted in my brain as of 4am (yeah I woke up early to download  :D)

I really like this. Like, a lot. The beginning reminds me a bit of... like when you are tuning in on a radio, and you adjust the knob and finally hit that sweet spot on the dial  :music Love that whirring of sound orbiting around that warped pulsing bass, and that fluttery break at 3/4 (was not expecting that!!), and the vocals are really nice and dreamy.

This will be on repeat today and listen to what else my ears pick up on that I didn't get with the first few listens...  I can't wait to hear this in context with the rest of the album!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

8 minutes ago

PS I didn't realize it's on the front page!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jun 28, 2023, 15:07
8 minutes ago

PS I didn't realize it's on the front page!
It's also in my post at 9am UK time. BUT it's a different upload. The earlier one was timed at 5:01, this one is timed at 4:59.
The track time isn't a big deal. But I'm confused by YouTube channels when things get uploaded twice like this. Both on the official Chems channel.
Anyone understand why this happens?

Oh wait, the earlier one was Chemical Brothers Topic. So the automatic "topic" thing is quicker than the Chems channel?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

No big surprises since I've listened extensively to the DJ and live love bootlegs, I think it's really fantastic! It might be my favourite of the officially released new tracks so far!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 28, 2023, 13:32
Can we agree on calling every Chemical show "love show" instead of live show? You know, because it is.
Live is All

Doing the Salmon Dance in the shower to Live Again!

Give us the rest of the album now! Already heard half of it!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

6:37 Extended Mix available at Beatport, so there are 3 different versions (the regular version is 5:00 and the Single Edit 3:22)
https://www.beatport.com/release/live-again-extended-mix/4178606

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Jun 28, 2023, 17:46
6:37 Extended Mix available at Beatport, so there are 3 different versions (the regular version is 5:00 and the Single Edit 3:22)
https://www.beatport.com/release/live-again-extended-mix/4178606

Thanks to Estopa Man for uploading the extended mix to YouTube:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Could the existence of an Extended Mix mean it will get a 12" release? One can dream... 

YES GIVE ME MY LONG VERSIONS

Listening to the extended version - and only the extended version - I'm hearing something in the intro; the first 43 seconds. I think we've heard it in the live version, and I thought it was a muted trumpet sound at first (Mallorca Live Festival thread). But now I'm thinking it sounds like a sample from Roy Budd's "Get Carter" Theme. Thoughts anyone?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I think I'm inclined to agree with those who have questioned the structure of the 5 minute edit - the peaks and troughs don't quite land for me in the way they do in, say, All of a Sudden. The shoegaze texture is lovely and I'm a big fan of the psychedelic breakdown from 3.24, but the skittering rhythm, hi hats and cymbals all feel a little lightweight to me. Maybe I was expecting the bass and percussion to hit harder than they do, or for the track to flow as naturally as a tune like Burst Generator. This all could, of course, feel different within the context of the forthcoming album ... these Brothers do usually tend to work it out.
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2023, 21:45 by Funk Electric
LIVE: Wolverhampton Civic 2005; V Festival 2005; Creamfields 2007; Aintree Pavilion 2007;  Roundhouse 2010; Hammersmith Apollo 2016; Utilita Arena Birmingham 2019; Field Day 2022
DJ: Fabric 2009; Warehouse Project 2012

I love this track. This album is going to have such a unique sound!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Yeah I love this track, first time I heard it was at Printworks in December and I took my phone out to record it straight away. Its a banger :luv
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

breakdown bit at 3:24 really feels like 1990s orbital to me
Eight or over.

Love it from the first listen, the lush of main synth riff is so addictive. 

Now all I need are the full lyrics and fancy B-Side!

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 28, 2023, 17:59

I was hoping this one had the first half of the track when it is played live, that subtle bassline was so good.

About the track itself I think it's great, been listening a lot since the release. I felt it kinda had a slow momentum in the live set though when I first heard it in May, don't know if it will hold on in the setlist after the tour because of it.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 28, 2023, 17:59

And myself for buying the single and providing the audio for upload, it was worth it xD
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?