Hey Boy

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
<- Well this user was stupid enough to order it :D

That user was stupid enough to order it.

← This user was foolish enough to order it as well

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Jun 28, 2023, 18:12
Ouch. £100 extra charge for a 7" single (Art print, stickers & poster is just merch crap and I couldn't care less about the clamshell box). And perhaps I'll be stupid enough to buy that :(

Agreed about the stickers. Posters is a mixed bag in my mind (even with the supposed panorama view of RAR). Art print if directly made by Kate Gibb, that's worth to me in terms of value if added with the 7" of SF. The Star Guitar and No Reason prints were well worth it. Plus, knowing the current pre-order price, one could probably speculate adding an extra hundred a few years on for a compete package (or the same price for the 7" alone when it eventually is hawked on discogs).

Edit: Let's put it this way, currently the sticker set on the merch store is £10 and the No Reason Lithograph  is £40 totaling £50. The difference between the hardcover (£30) if considering similar costs is still £50. The Record Store edition (£75) would be a £5 difference. This may not be worth it to some even with an extra print, poster, and 7" in the Deluxe Edition.

Wonder if it'll be a one-sided 7" or if they'll add something from down the couch cushion on the "b-side". Heck, I'd take a etching again.
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2023, 20:57 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

digital release of superflash..? ːᴅ
Eight or over.

Pleased myself with the basic version. 
Hope for someone to upload the audio of the studio Superflash, or for the later digital release. 

The funny thing is that just a couple of days ago Ed liked my comment about chances to release the studio version of Superflash... 
Now I know that it was a small hint ;D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: rynostar on Jun 28, 2023, 20:39
Wonder if it'll be a one-sided 7" or if they'll add something from down the couch cushion on the "b-side". Heck, I'd take a etching again.

I'd die if there would be complete surprise in form of "Problem/Question"
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Well, I just ordered the White Rabbit Deluxe edition, too... :L

The whole thing looks amazing, I just couldn't resist

Quote from: BurnerMan54 on Jun 29, 2023, 03:10
Well, I just ordered the White Rabbit Deluxe edition, too... :L
<- this user also made an impulse buy

I was NOT about to pass up on a studio version of Superflash especially knowing it'll be more expensive later on, ntm....so many pages and art of the chems and by kate gibb, a worth investment imo (until the chems return to NYC)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

It will be interesting to see who gets what number when the white rabbit edition goes out.

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Dammit, I only heard about this from the email that was sent out on 30 June, was on the fence about spending £130 to get the Superflash vinyl, and now I see it's sold out I have massive FOMO and want to buy it desperately! 

Quote from: Ford on Jun 30, 2023, 21:00
Dammit, I only heard about this from the email that was sent out on 30 June, was on the fence about spending £130 to get the Superflash vinyl, and now I see it's sold out I have massive FOMO and want to buy it desperately!
@Ford I was finally able to get an order in for the Deluxe Edition just now, despite the fact that it says "PRE-ORDER SOLD OUT". I'm hoping they had a few extra copies and this order doesn't get canceled. It looks like there is at least one more left. Good luck! https://store.whiterabbitbooks.co.uk/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection?variant=44023221485812

So, they KNOW we want Superflash, but only offer this older track as a 7" (not even digital accompaniment) with an expensive book bundle. I'm not as excited abut this news as the rest of you. The artists are here to make money, sure, but money grabs with dangling fruit are not my thing. I will probably still get the standard version of the book, though.

I think a better blatant money grab would be a release containing the missing live songs we want with a few mashups thrown in, or perhaps the Dust Brothers era stuff we discuss in another thread. I'm sure I sound bitter, but I am NOT a fan of books being expensive novelties when the art we want is held back.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

well, it's only a matter of time until it's ripped and available digitally.

I'm sure this will happen. I've recently learned that Vienna's main public library has some record players and equipment to digitize vinyls. So if nobody else does it first, I can give it a try. I can't promise anything though because I know literally nothing about ripping vinyls.

Quote from: LLG on Jul 05, 2023, 07:42
@Ford I was finally able to get an order in for the Deluxe Edition just now, despite the fact that it says "PRE-ORDER SOLD OUT". I'm hoping they had a few extra copies and this order doesn't get canceled. It looks like there is at least one more left. Good luck! https://store.whiterabbitbooks.co.uk/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection?variant=44023221485812
Thanks, I'm a bit late again I think. Plus the page now appears broken - when I load on Safari and Chrome on my laptop and phone, it doesn't change the amount when clicking between standard, special or deluxe edition, and I can't add any version to my cart.

Found a couple of interior images ..
Looking incredible!

Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Jul 07, 2023, 11:09 by whitelabel84

Request to maybe move this in the FTBF section? I've seen plenty of articles which have kinda tied these two releases together.

Feel like it holds a higher priority than being in "The Social" section
Last Edit: Sep 01, 2023, 23:33 by Bosco

Did anyone here got their European Amazon order delayed for may '24?
Dunno if we shouldn't ask the HQ if it isn't some kind of mistake, as it's a massive delay for the european customers. 

Meanwhile they put the preorders on the Amazon UK with more correct release date. 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?