It's the Lifestyle We're Living

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Dec 04, 2023, 23:44
The funniest point was when they touched on failed collaboration. Crowd were willing them to drop some names. Thought ed might accidently spill the beans on one artist. Apparently this will all be covered in book 2

Any recollection of what lead to this? Would love to speculate or piece together knowledge that we (collectively) have already!

They  talked of 2 incidents.

One I have read about before. A male artist from America must have been 2004 made it to the to Tom and Ed's studio. They played him galvanize which had just been finished and he was so blown away with it and overwhelmed by what may be expected of him. He made excuses about going to get something to eat and was never seen again.

Second artist was a female. The "collaboration" was done at the labels request. This artist was completely disinterested in being in the studio and more interested in reading a newspaper. Needless to say after a few fruitless hours the session was abandoned

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Dec 14, 2023, 19:09
They  talked of 2 incidents.

One I have read about before. A male artist from America must have been 2004 made it to the to Tom and Ed's studio. They played him galvanize which had just been finished and he was so blown away with it and overwhelmed by what may be expected of him. He made excuses about going to get something to eat and was never seen again.

I know I've mentioned this one before, and at this stage I'm just repeating this "rumor" for fan posterity, but... Jack Splash? I remember there was an old (and now lost?) article that connected Chems and him on potential collaboration but my memory is hazy if it was PTB era or WATN.

Just got word from White Rabbit that my missing items have been shipped ::cheers
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 14, 2023, 22:30
I know I've mentioned this one before, and at this stage I'm just repeating this "rumor" for fan posterity, but... Jack Splash? I remember there was an old (and now lost?) article that connected Chems and him on potential collaboration but my memory is hazy if it was PTB era or WATN.
Yes remember this story previously, the only time I have ever heard of jack splash is on this forum. Otherwise I would have thought he was a character from pirates of the Caribbean. 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: gavin35 on Dec 15, 2023, 11:18
Just got word from White Rabbit that my missing items have been shipped ::cheers
No word for me. So they shipping the missing stuff in waves?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 16, 2023, 00:13
No word for me. So they shipping the missing stuff in waves?
Send a dm through Instagram. That seems to help.

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 16, 2023, 10:36
Send a dm through Instagram. That seems to help.
I've got an answer from them saying "I am in the process of arranging to send your missing items, and I will come back to you once I have further news", but that was nearly ten days ago (my refund is already here). Meanwhile @gavin35 got his confirmation that his missing items already been shipped. Just wondering why they are not doing this for all at once?
no idea, no idea

I have finished the book. Such a lovely read and I'm really happy that there was additional content I either had not known or forgot over time. 

I do wish they would have gone into every album / single as many of those that were covered were really interesting. 

I'm going to set the book down for a few days and come back with another fresh set of eyes and a slower read to pick up on anything I missed. Great to have this in the collection and excited to continue to listen and watch all that is Chems in the days, weeks, months and years to come. 

I truly feel like we've chosen wisely to make this band either our number one or top 5. For me, they will always be number one as I have so many life memories by myself, with friends and with fans that energize me on any given day. The depth and purely amazing catalog always gives me something fresh to listen to, even if I've listen to it many times before. So thankful to this community and my friends who put up with me when I go all fan boy on the new single / album over the years. 

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 16, 2023, 16:29
I've got an answer from them saying "I am in the process of arranging to send your missing items, and I will come back to you once I have further news", but that was nearly ten days ago (my refund is already here). Meanwhile @gavin35 got his confirmation that his missing items already been shipped. Just wondering why they are not doing this for all at once?
Oh man, I wonder what could be the hold up? :( Since it has been so many days, try reaching out again (same email chain) and ask for a status update. If you reach out thru Instagram DM as suggested, make sure to reference the ticket / request number from the email. Hopefully you will be updated soon! 

I reached out to report the issue with mine, got a timely response and update from Jen. I was offered a complimentary book. It truly was not necessary as I said I wanted my email to serve as an FYI - but I very much appreciate their offer. In my case I am satisfied and I'm glad to read some of you are getting the missing items sent. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Dec 17, 2023, 19:24
I have finished the book. Such a lovely read and I'm really happy that there was additional content I either had not known or forgot over time.

I do wish they would have gone into every album / single as many of those that were covered were really interesting.

I'm going to set the book down for a few days and come back with another fresh set of eyes and a slower read to pick up on anything I missed. Great to have this in the collection and excited to continue to listen and watch all that is Chems in the days, weeks, months and years to come.

I truly feel like we've chosen wisely to make this band either our number one or top 5. For me, they will always be number one as I have so many life memories by myself, with friends and with fans that energize me on any given day. The depth and purely amazing catalog always gives me something fresh to listen to, even if I've listen to it many times before. So thankful to this community and my friends who put up with me when I go all fan boy on the new single / album over the years.
❤️ this so, so much. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: gavin35 on Dec 15, 2023, 11:18
Do you already received your stuff? If yes, do you had to pay additional customs money for it? Or does Ireland and the UK have an agreement on this because of EU and non-EU?

Quote from: whirlygirl on Dec 17, 2023, 20:10
Oh man, I wonder what could be the hold up? :( Since it has been so many days, try reaching out again (same email chain) and ask for a status update.
Just did that couple of minutes ago
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 18, 2023, 18:03
Do you already received your stuff? If yes, do you had to pay additional customs money for it? Or does Ireland and the UK have an agreement on this because of EU and non-EU?
No I havent received it yet. 
After Brexit we generally have to pay additional customs. For some reason I didnt have to pay anything when I received the initial delivery, I was expecting to pay anything up to €40. When Im buying vinyl I have to pay around €10/€12 extra so was surprised there was no charge for the book.
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 18, 2023, 18:03

=>

Thanks for your message.

I am still waiting for the store team to confirm the items have been sent.

As soon as I have an update from them, I will be in touch again.

Thanks,
Jen
Guess i have to wait...
no idea, no idea

Damn, that really sucks. So you won't be able to hold the entire package in your hands even on Christmas day. I guess there's due a Pumisher Auslagenpauschale to charge them with for each day you haven't received all items.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

That would make me a rich man  :o  Ha! Take that Bill Gates!
no idea, no idea

Hi all, Happy boxing day, 2nd Christmas, Chanoeka, Festivus, and any other continuation of your holidays. It was a big year as a Chemical Brothers fan so enough to celebrate.

What also is still a continuation is the handling of the issues of the deluxe version of the book for some of us. 

I made up a draft as a reply on the White Rabbit message and shared it with 26 of you of which 6 replied. As I would like to post the reply this week, before the end of the year, I will just post it at the White Rabbit topic and you can add your comments if you want or disagreements which is also fine. For me I want to finish my correspondense with WR this year for myself so to start the new year fresh.

Thanks 

I waited to open my ultra deluxe edition until Xmas. #164 reporting!

The page issue is mildly noticeable in mine, but not as bad as some. Unfortunately, the case has some corner bumps and slight tear inside. Not sure how the latter could've happened during shipping, but I'm just glad to finally have it in my hands.