But Now I Think I See the Light

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
16 more days! Do you think it will ship out early and arrive on release date?

The audiobook says its around 10 hours.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 11, 2023, 06:28
Do you think it will ship out early and arrive on release date?
As it's a book with a vinyl (at least some versions) and not a vinyl from the official store, hopes are high we will get it just in time.

Who's reading the audiobook? Everyone included and quoted in the book read themself and the narrators voice is Sir David Attenborough?

Damn, i sooooo cannot wait to read the book and listen to the studioversion of superflash
no idea, no idea

As much as I'd love to receive it on my doorstep in California the day of, that's a big expectation considering it's coming quite a long ways - so I think I'm going to just put that thought out of my mind!  :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I'll have to wait a bit longer anyway, because I'll only be able to read it when I come back from my UK vacation.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 11, 2023, 14:41
I'll have to wait a bit longer anyway, because I'll only be able to read it when I come back from my UK vacation.

You know what to do...

no idea, no idea

Sounds great, but I'm in London only from November 3rd through 6th.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 11, 2023, 10:10
Who's reading the audiobook?

According to Amazon, Ben Bailey-Smith, Maria Louis, and Robin Turner are the narrators. Does this mean you have a choice between voices? I haven't done an audiobook since this:

Please log in to view this attachment.
It's The Muppet Show! Talk-To-Me Player Book

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 11, 2023, 20:20
Sounds great, but I'm in London only from November 3rd through 6th.
And the Exhibition isn't even in London, but I'll also won't be anywhere close to Wincanton

More interior images released, courtesy of the band and White Rabbit Books

Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.Please log in to view this attachment.

Looks like this will be an absolute delight for Chemical Nerds

It looks like a cross between a book you can sit down and read and also a coffee table book you can just flick through the pictures.

Frothing at the mouth seeing those pics :luv
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Link in tweet for book extract in The Quietus:

https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbitBks/status/1714701393066435064

The facebook post has a different quote:

"The ambition with the track was to create the thing – the sound – that our DJ sets were lacking. That's always the ambition with making music, to this day." - Tom Rowlands on 'Song To the Siren'
Last Edit: Oct 19, 2023, 22:34 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Tom has a little unboxing in his Insta stories, if you don't mind getting a few spoilers for the Deluxe Edition

"So many pieces of equipment. I wonder who could name them all?"
I reckon Tom could be good on Jackanory. If it still existed.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I refuse to see that story and spoil my surprise! Still waiting on the email to see if it got sent out.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 20, 2023, 18:14
Tom has a little unboxing in his Insta stories, if you don't mind getting a few spoilers for the Deluxe Edition
Hearing him say the names of the tracks gives me chills, for some reason - Superflash especially. They've spent so long basically ignoring it's existence (in some cases even going out of their way to avoid acknowledging it).

Can't wait to hear it in full - we're so close! I hope it has more than one drop!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Well, it was featured in one tour (and subsequent live album) and they even produced visuals for it. I wouldn't call that "ignoring it". After all, we know it. Think about all the gems that are surely hiding behind Tom's or Ed's couches.

But I agree, it makes me super happy to see it finally released.

Why the photo on the cover is mirrored?
Hi Kevin!

This is new for me, there is a Spanish version! I thought book translations took several years https://udiscover.mx/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection-edicion-en-espanol