Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
They dont seem to release previously unreleased stuff (I know that sounds strange). For example the 25th Anniversary release of DYOH, the second disc was a prime opportunity to show us what they had down the back of the couch from that era and the only new track was Cylinders. All the others were live versions of tracks or alternative versions of known tracks.

WE WANT THE DOWN THE BACK OF THE COUCH STUFF!!

Maybe they just feel if it wasnt good enough to be released then, its still not good enough now

...unfortunately.... :Kry
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 09, 2024, 12:56
Makes me wonder (again) if at some point we will also see Problem/Question, Animal Track, that morning wood song ( :D ) or Here Comes The Drums as studio releases. Still high hopes for Disc 2 of Singles 04-24 (or at least one behind the couch track on B-Sides vol.2).
That's the holy grail, the unicorn I would love to have a physical copy of. I have been fortunate to heard it being played in a Justin Robertson dj-set

I see PICR is on special offer on Amazon for £15. I havent taken my copy out of the box for a number of reasons, mainly Im too afraid of the pages falling out. Other reason is to keep the special edition in pristine shape (for my son to bin/sell when I pass it on to him)

Are the regular copies on Amazon the same as the ones in the special edition? Think I'll get it so I can have a copy to read and not care as much about not getting it wrecked
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023

Quote from: gavin35 on Jan 28, 2024, 23:07
I see PICR is on special offer on Amazon for £15. I havent taken my copy out of the box for a number of reasons, mainly Im too afraid of the pages falling out. Other reason is to keep the special edition in pristine shape (for my son to bin/sell when I pass it on to him)

Are the regular copies on Amazon the same as the ones in the special edition? Think I'll get it so I can have a copy to read and not care as much about not getting it wrecked
Afaik the regular copies doesn't have any of those super deluxe flaws, a normal, well made book from what I can say about my personal copy.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Ok great thanks, I'll get one so!

Have any deluxe edition people got their replacement standard edition yet? I'm still waiting.

Plenty of us have recieved the normal hardback with the printing error and many of us still have not recieved the offered complementary copy so we have no idea if the problem is fixed.
Let us know when you get the Amazon copy

I received my replacement copy. It was shipped to Canada in a very lightly padded envelope, and arrived with some pretty banged up corners (one of the corners actually punctured the envelope!). I'm quite disappointed it wasn't better protected, but at this point it's just nice to have a copy that doesn't need to be handled as delicately as the deluxe edition. At this point I don't feel like putting any more energy into complaining, and will just sit back and enjoy the book when I reread it.

Quote from: gavin35 on Jan 28, 2024, 23:07
I see PICR is on special offer on Amazon for £15.
well that seems like a deal.

oddly enough, Amazon US has it (for $35) as a pre order! released May 7 2024 it says.

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Jan 29, 2024, 14:46
Afaik the regular copies doesn't have any of those super deluxe flaws, a normal, well made book from what I can say about my personal copy.
No cutting or glue issues indeed, but the error is still there... At least my regular copy has...

Who still has unresolved issues with White Rabbit? No refund, still waiting on receiving replacement, no answers on questions or general response on emails? 
I am planning to place a response on my open letter as for me 3 months later issues are still not resolved and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Quote from: Joslyn on Feb 09, 2024, 03:46
Who still has unresolved issues with White Rabbit? No refund, still waiting on receiving replacement, no answers on questions or general response on emails?
I am planning to place a response on my open letter as for me 3 months later issues are still not resolved and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Admittedly, I STILL haven't perused compensation. Partially out of laziness, and partially because "what's done, is done". 

I don't want an errored "regular" (standard) copy, and chasing down a measly partial refund isn't something I wan't to put an effort for.

Unless confronted with a legit lawsuit, I'm afraid White Rabbit has closed the book (pun intended) on this blunder. I say this because, there is probably less than 1% chance any of the 500 customers who bought the deluxe edition, will be returning costumers. So, why on earth would White Rabbit try to make any honest effort to make amends with us?

Would be nice if someone from Chems HQ overviewed our displeasures and might actually have some push and make things right.

Let this be another lesson to all of us, and the continual acceptance of the bullshit concept "pre-ordered item".

Joslyn, I still greatly appreciate the open letter you wrote. I do hope it reaches the right person so we can see some type of further justice. Consider this my personal approval to whatever effort you further put forth on this issue.
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2024, 20:33 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 10, 2024, 08:41
Admittedly, I STILL haven't perused compensation. Partially out of laziness, and partially because "what's done, is done". 

I don't want an errored "regular" copy, and chasing down a measly refund isn't something I wan't to put an effort for.

Unless confronted with a legit lawsuit, I'm afraid White Rabbit has closed the book (pun intended) on this blunder. I say this because, their is like probably a less than 1% chance any of the 500 customers who bought the deluxe edition, will be returning costumers. So, why on earth would White Rabbit try to make any honest effort to make amends with us?

Would be nice if someone from Chems HQ overviewed our displeasures and might actually have some push and make things right.

He Bosco, fair enough, to each their own. Others have the same aproach as you while some with all compensations in will be frustrated when opening which ever copy of the book on the what could/should have been, and rightfully so.

However, what I don't understand is that, in some ways, the aknowledged their the error they made, gave personal compensation proposal and only partially executed on those. Why? Why do only 30% of  the work? Why offer compensations? Why write that letter? My questions from November discovering the misprint are still not aswered

I can not separate the book, the product, from all the bullshit that came with it. It still is unfinished business. An error was made, can happen, a compensation was proposed, nice gesture, with my acceptance we find an agreement the issue is solved in the best way. They don't act! Everytime I pick up the book, this bagage comes included
Last Edit: Feb 11, 2024, 09:48 by Joslyn

Quote from: Joslyn on Feb 10, 2024, 10:55
I can not separate the book, the product, from all the bullshit that came with it. It still is unfinished business. An error was made, can happen, a compensation was proposed, nice gesture, with my acceptance we find an agreement the issue is solved in the best way. They don't act! Everytime I pick up the book, this bagage comes included
So you reached out to them about their offered redress options and they still haven't responded? After all these months? That would piss me off as well, to be honest.
I was kind of upset about the fact that some of you had to even get in contact via a social media platform, not every customer is can be supposed to be a part of, simply to get a quicker response, or even any such, rather than via their own official email. So I felt it was nice of them to even come here trying to resolve this. But now that almost 4 months have passed without a meaningful resolution despite having reached out that is quite something..
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Long time lurker here; received #259 at the end of year. It was purchased on the Chem store during the last-change restock.
I did not read the book yet; I mostly got it for the Superflash record.

I found out this topic while lurking to read more about the FTBF Japanese tour (seeing that sweet, sweet No Reason poster) and I did not know about the manufacturing issues.

Nothing missing in my package, however pages were indeed cut & glued like crap...
The last two "corrected" pages (is it 14-15?) are glued together, which means I cannot fully open the book on these, and it damages the previous/next pages.

Reading this topic I found out that WR offered some compensation. Is that still available? How so?

Thanks.

Quote from: cafe on Feb 13, 2024, 03:51
Nothing missing in my package, however pages were indeed cut & glued like crap... The last two "corrected" pages (is it 14-15?) are glued together, which means I cannot fully open the book on these, and it damages the previous/next pages. Reading this topic I found out that WR offered some compensation. Is that still available? How so?

Hi and welcome @cafe!

I would think so. Although apparently some of the open cases have not yet been fully resolved yet, I would contact White Rabbit as soon as possible. It's probably recommended to tell them that you only were made aware of this option recently and refer them to their public statement on our forum in this topic: Deluxe ed. issues: A message from White Rabbit where they proposed that offer. So I would give it a try.
However, judging from some of our users' experiences, White Rabbit's communication policy seems lacking, so I would expect it to take some time until things are sorted out as promised.

I have added their contact info to their forum profile
White Rabbit profile

It appears they respond more quickly on their social channels but I'd also email and send them an image of your issue's number and probably your receipts from the store or whatever you got to authenticate your purchase.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hi @cafe and welcome! Thank you for taking the time to join us and sorry to hear your book had the bad page fix job. But I hope you're enjoying the diamond that is Superflash!

A update from my end - my case with White Rabbit is resolved. It wasn't much a case to begin with honestly, it was more a notification of the page fix issue, and to air my grievance. Was offered a complimentary book which I didn't expect, but accepted because why not? It arrived from Orion publishing in great condition (including the autographed slip of paper from the book signing events.) Communication from White Rabbit has been satisfactory to me.

I find it ridiculous and disappointing some of you still don't have resolution or any update communication to your cases after alllllll this time. At the least, an update saying "hey just letting you know that we're still working on it" would be better than nothing. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Thank you for the warm welcome and directions to follow.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Feb 13, 2024, 16:12
But I hope you're enjoying the diamond that is Superflash!
Sure do! It's a really nice touch for the Chems to free this track from their (supposedly large) vault of secrets. Nobody does that anymore today.

I've just sent a mail to White Rabbit; here's the content (without pictures) :

Spoiler
Hello,

I am the proud owner of the Deluxe Edition #259/500 of Paused in Cosmic Reflexion, ordered on the Chemical Brothers' merchandising store during the last-chance restock of 100 copies (order n°#XXXX-CHEMB).

I received it before the end of the year 2023 and I haven't been able to check it out yet. However no damage occurred on transit.

I have been made aware by the Chem Base users of random defects happening on several copies.

I decided to take a look at my copy and I've noticed that, while no items were missing from the package, some pages were glued improperly and this affected the overall quality of the book.

I will try my best to describe the issue, as English is not my primary language :

Pages 14-15 are glued together before the book's binding, which means that the books « mechanically » opens on page 13, that is getting increasingly creased on page manipulation. I am afraid that page 13 will tear up sooner or later.
The glue does not feel dry and « slides » somehow over the glued pages.

It also feels that some pictures are « taped » over each other on previous/next pages, but this is a minimal issue compared to the glue.

I have read from your publication on the Chem Base forum that compensation may be offered to affected customers.

Is this still possible?

Thank you very much.

Attached to this post is a picture of the issue I'm talking about.
Last Edit: Feb 13, 2024, 23:08 by cafe Reason: fixed improper spoiler display due to messy WYSIWYG

Quote from: toxic on Jan 30, 2024, 07:21
No cutting or glue issues indeed, but the error is still there... At least my regular copy has...
What's wrong with your copy?
Can you post the pic?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Feb 15, 2024, 11:25
What's wrong with your copy?
Can you post the pic?

The mixed up pages => page 10 continues on page 13, page 12 on 14

That was the error which started it all. It's in all copys of all three versions. But for the most expensive version white rabbit tried to fix it - but instead they totally fucked it up (pages cut out badly, pages glued together badly, missing items, bumped corners...)
no idea, no idea