I See the Sun Now

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 23, 2023, 20:17
700$  :o
The price is in Mexican pesos, the conversion is about 40usd

Quote from: nekoland on Oct 23, 2023, 13:25
This is new for me, there is a Spanish version! I thought book translations took several years https://udiscover.mx/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection-edicion-en-espanol
that's the first picture of the back I have seen

Anyone received a despatch notification for white rabbit? I would have expected it to be despatched yesterday for delivery today, but so far nothing.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Oct 26, 2023, 09:28
Anyone received a despatch notification for white rabbit? I would have expected it to be despatched yesterday for delivery today, but so far nothing.
No 😔

Recieved my 'normal' copy from local website for € 23, started reading when already on page 6, just below Kate Gibb and before Michel Gondry. 🥳🙌

Got this reply from white rabbit. If you spent the big bucks there is a slight delay
Please log in to view this attachment.

Fyi

The WR deluxe edition will be published on Nov 9!

And I'm a bit pissed about this.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Oh, they were a bit more general with the truth with me! That's a bummer but hey what's a couple of more weeks? Literally paused in cosmic reflection now!

In the mean time no spoilers please!

The book is alive and out in the wilds! It's quite a chonker of a book, too!
(picture taken at Waterstones in Glasgow)
Please log in to view this attachment.

Bummer about the delayed Deluxe edition. I'm sure there are valid reasons, but why not be upfront? A quick email with "sorry the book will be delayed because of paper shortages, vinyl shortages, raccoons invaded our warehouse, etc...) would be enought. Many people will surely be expecting the book in the next days.

Quote from: Joslyn on Oct 26, 2023, 10:59
Recieved my 'normal' copy from local website for € 23, started reading when already on page 6, just below Kate Gibb and before Michel Gondry. 🥳🙌
Shout outs, or people interviewed for the book?

Gratz Whirly!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 26, 2023, 14:01
Fyi

And I'm a bit pissed about this.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 26, 2023, 15:44
Bummer about the delayed Deluxe edition. I'm sure there are valid reasons, but why not be upfront? A quick email with "sorry the book will be delayed because of paper shortages, vinyl shortages, raccoons invaded our warehouse, etc...) would be enought. Many people will surely be expecting the book in the next days.
I recieved an email today. Delay caused by quality issues,  new aimed shipping date October 30th. Did all of you recieve the same email? Makes me a bit nervous on a £130 book order 

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Oct 26, 2023, 15:49
Shout outs, or people interviewed for the book?
Interviewed.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 26, 2023, 14:01
Ah, now these release dates on Amaz makes sense!

Quote from: Joslyn on Oct 26, 2023, 16:43
I recieved an email today. Delay caused by quality issues, new aimed shipping date October 30th. Did all of you recieve the same email? Makes me a bit nervous on a £130 book order
I would suspect it's the vinyls, given these are extremely limited in number, perhaps the production wasn't satisfactory. Book should be the same, or maybe its keep case?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Joslyn on Oct 26, 2023, 16:43
I recieved an email today. Delay caused by quality issues,  new aimed shipping date October 30th. Did all of you recieve the same email? Makes me a bit nervous on a £130 book order
I received the same email. Agree it's a bummer but I'd rather wait a few extra days then receive something defective or damaged. Kudos to the team for making to call.

Attaching the email if anyone else is curious.

The email sounds like the issue was only very recently discovered, so maybe they couldn't give us any notice much further ahead.

@whirlygirl Congrats, that's amazing! Can't wait to read your interview! I hope you'll tell us one day how that came to be :)

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 26, 2023, 16:54
@whirlygirl Congrats, that's amazing! Can't wait to read your interview! I hope you'll tell us one day how that came to be :)
Mr. Turner reached out.
Can't wait to read whirly's interview as well!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Whirls got interviewed and its in the book?  Freaking Amazing! Congrats Whirls! That's a high honor if I ever seen one!

Did they mention the forum in the book?
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2023, 21:15 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

That's quite a role call of names. Congratulations whirlygirl for getting that honour!

*peeks out from hiding*

Gah, the cat's outta the bag, lol! It is an honor to be a fan and be a part of the amazing Chemical Brothers community and this shared history. Truly ❤️ So many feels right now!

Obviously will have a bit more of a wait to get my deluxe edition in my hands, but I am so glad for the quality control!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Congrats Whirlygirl!

Welp, I've already spend an f-ton on the fancy version, so might as see if I can get the digital/audiobook while they make sure the book isn't bound in reverse order.

FWIW Apple's Books/iTunes has the audiobook/ebook up with previews.