Where Do I Begin?

Show/Tell us what you got!!! [FTBF edition]

Started by Bosco, Sep 01, 2023, 22:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Sep 09, 2023, 17:07
Nothing, because no record stores in Cincinnati received it.  Super pissed and super sick of not being able to listen to an amazing album without ads or breaks. 
Damn!! Is this a widespread issue for the US?
Physical copies are not found in record stores but can only be obtained through online preorders?

Such weirdness on a release day I tell you. 

O:-)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 09, 2023, 18:26
Physical copies are not found in record stores but can only be obtained through online preorders?

Same here in Portland, OR.

Took the day off specifically to pick it up (along with the new Róisín Murphy and Carly Rae Jepsen albums) and give it a dedicated listen at home. Pre-ordered it a few weeks back, and got an email on my way to the store saying that a couple of new releases hadn't made it in yet (Jepsen was also in that pile).

Completely sympathize with the disappointment. I had big hopes of blasting it while thumbing through the booklet - staring at the cover. But ultimately ended up having to ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD IT to avoid having any stupid ads, audio quality issues, or other problems. Not quite what I was hoping, but I am now even more pumped to pick it up and BLAST it in the car.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 09, 2023, 18:26

Same thing with Poland tbh, the general physical release was delayed till 15th, so yeah, it seems there's some issue with that :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I ended up battling traffic and trekking to Los Angeles on my quest For That Beautiful Feeling :D Slim pickins at Amoeba - no CD's so I'll have to pick that up another time.  I got the 3LP and it's niiiiice, it feels weighty and it's bold and beautiful! 

Now I just need a better turntable, LOL
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Still, NOTHING.  This is absolutely ridiculous.   >:D

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Sep 15, 2023, 17:09
Still, NOTHING.  This is absolutely ridiculous.
 Please log in to view this attachment.

ftfy
Last Edit: Sep 15, 2023, 22:15 by Bosco Reason: Csar, don’t edit again, thanks

My local just emailed to say they're expecting the shipment Monday - according to the distributor at least.

Hopefully that's the same elsewhere in the country.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Got my 3LP bundle and white vinyl delivered today in Perth, Australia. Gave the 2LP a spin this afternoon. Very nice.

Took a couple of close up pics of the cassette tape packaging for anyone interested. 

Colors are poppin'! Great show, guys!

Love the collection of FTBF era releases together @ThePumisher

Both of my packages (one from Empik and second from Chems store) are already in Szczecinian sorting center, so I expect to get them as I woke up <3 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Ford on Sep 17, 2023, 11:46
Very nice.
Ha, you got nearly the same turntable as i have - i own the 120X. No idea what's the difference.

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 17, 2023, 18:37
Love the collection
Haven't mention that, but FTBF-vinyl is the 2LP white one
no idea, no idea

OK, the CD's here ❤️
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I'm really disappointed with the shipping for my items. I have 2 shipments. The first one left on Sep 9 but has been been MIA since Sep 12 and I'm imagining my 3 LP to have split seams all over the place from bouncing around in transit for 2+ weeks. The second package supposedly shipped on Sep 7 but the tracking info indicates the package was never even shipped or even a label created. Fuck this.

Quote from: LLG on Sep 21, 2023, 13:01
The first one left on Sep 9 but has been been MIA since Sep 12 and I'm imagining my 3 LP to have split seams all over the place from bouncing around in transit for 2+ weeks.

In the same boat, though I don't have  delicate cargo like the 3LP, I'm just awaiting on the USB and Cassette. 

I'm in United States, fwiw. Also, this is first time in long time I ordered something from Chems official website and don't buy stuff internationally to often, so I'm not typically sure how long I should be patient...

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 21, 2023, 16:27
I'm in United States, fwiw. Also, this is first time in long time I ordered something from Chems official website and don't buy stuff internationally to often, so I'm not typically sure how long I should be patient...
I'm in the U.S. as well and I've just received my USB yesterday. Love that they come in MP3 and WAV! And the title of the drive is just "CHEMICAL"
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Sep 21, 2023, 16:50
FUCKING FINALLY!!!

Which CD is that? I didn't know they did jewel cases anymore. Can you post a picture of the inside?