Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Fake Chemical Brothers Bandcamp profile

Started by Csar, Sep 13, 2023, 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 15, 2023, 08:35
@Joslyn where you say "both instrumental versions" I presume you mean "extended versions"?
Because if you have instrumental versions, I need to know more!
Yes I mean extended.  ::hb

Has anyone of you reached out to Bandcamp yet and complained? I think they own you guys some apoloy and compensation.

Their service
Includes download in mp3, FLAC and more. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the Bandcamp app.
which non of you are able to use any more.
I'd love to know what their stance is on scammed customers.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 19, 2023, 08:19
Has anyone of you reached out to Bandcamp yet and complained? I think they own you guys some apoloy and compensation.

Their servicewhich non of you are able to use any more.
I'd love to know what their stance is on scammed customers.
💯 second this. Anyone that has been scammed absolutely needs to get in touch with Bandcamp.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

There's no real issue with that for myself (as the only thing I got was Direkt Buki track for like 1 dollar, so it's not that really worthy to fighting around) but I'm curious about the situation itself, like if it won't ignite a spark for the official bandcamp profile, which would be really cool as it's literally the most user and artist friendly platform <3 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Interesting paragraph in their TCAs:
Content you purchase in a Transaction cannot be guaranteed to be available to you perpetually. For example, if we receive a notification of claimed infringement from a copyright owner or its agent with respect to specific Content, then U.S. law may require us to remove that Content from the Service and not make it available for future sale and we may also have to deny continued access to anyone who previously purchased such Content. This means that you may lose access to purchased Content previously available to you through the Service.

If we are required by law to deny access through the Service to previously purchased Content, including by removing access to Content from a user's personal collection through any mobile application, then Company and Artists will not provide the user who purchased that Content with a refund, except as required by applicable law. Users bear all risk from the denial of access to any Content purchased through the Service.
Still wonder, what this means for scammed users...
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm not a law person but this looks to me like Bandcamp has its bases covered.

Yeah, that seems like a no-brainer from their perspective and I can completely sympathize with BC not wanting or being required to take the fall for bad apples. It's frustrating as a customer, but it's unfortunately a risk we have to take buying many different goods. Unless you can argue that Bandcamp is actively allowing copyrighted material on their platform (which they can easily say they aren't by pointing to a checkbox that every 'band' would have to tick when uploading content) then it's kind of nothing to do with them - especially if they're taking (or again, being made to take) steps to remove the content.

Buyer beware, sadly.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning