We Are the Night

Live at Royal Albert Hall, London, 23. March 2024

Started by Stefan, Jan 08, 2024, 13:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: sneakerbeater on Feb 16, 2024, 18:56
I have my ticket in my hand. So nice to have a physical ticket!
Does it have the Chems logo on it?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

No, it has the teenage cancer trust logo instead 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I have one spare box ticket if anyone wants one. Might still try to get standing tickets as I think it would be a much better view. 

Pm if you want a face value box ticket.
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Feb 16, 2024, 21:11
No, it has the teenage cancer trust logo instead

Aw, but it makes sense.
I will always cherish my one ticket from Prague 07 with that big beautiful logo on it. I think not even the London Olympia 08 ticket got one on it.

Quote from: chemdup on Feb 16, 2024, 21:13
I have one spare box ticket if anyone wants one. Might still try to get standing tickets as I think it would be a much better view. Pm if you want a face value box ticket.
Hey @chemdup, is that the lady from Fuji Rock 2011 in your insta?  :o
https://www.instagram.com/brian_dub_/p/C22N-HSyodb/
Last Edit: Feb 17, 2024, 11:31 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 17, 2024, 11:00
Aw, but it makes sense.
I will always cherish my one ticket from Prague 07 with that big beautiful logo on it. I think not even the London Olympia 08 ticket got one on it.
Hey @chemdup, is that the lady from Fuji Rock 2011 in your insta?  :o
https://www.instagram.com/brian_dub_/p/C22N-HSyodb/

yes that's Mario! Met her after the show on Friday at foh and got a pic then met her again when I was out with the crew after the show in a bar. She's lovely and absolutely crazy 😂
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 21, 2024, 09:32
https://tickets.royalalberthall.com/syos/performance/87047

standing onsale right now
...and I just snagged a standing floor ticket...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 22, 2024, 02:14
...and I just snagged a standing floor ticket...
glad to have helped someone - enjoy!

i'd have caved myself but am now going to Sweden that weekend instead - oh well 
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

I've just booked my flights and accommodation meaning this is real now.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 14, 2024, 14:30
Would'nt recommend a venue inside the venue because it could be very crowded

I was at the Hoop & Toy once and the Zetland Arms a couple more times.
Second not meeting in the venue. When seeing Yussef Dayes in October, the "bars and restaurants" had small tables in a packed area.

One place I recommend is The Drayton Arms. Used to work in the area and our staff would go hear after work. Their menu was good then (2010-2014) and looks improved. It's a few more minutes walk from Zetland Arms (20 minute walk). It's close to Gloucester Road Station. We can book easily online.

edit: I've gone ahead and booked for 8 people at 17:30 / 5:30pm just in case. Went with an estimate of how many have confirmed and assumption of +1s (I know of one).

And remember peeps, if we don't get pictures of the meetup...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 27, 2024, 19:38
And remember peeps, if we don't get pictures of the meetup...
...there will be hell to pay? Good thing I already have a plan / project I am working on for the show. Hint: it's more analogue in nature.

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 27, 2024, 18:51
One place I recommend is The Drayton Arms. Used to work in the area and our staff would go hear after work. Their menu was good then (2010-2014) and looks improved. It's a few more minutes walk from Zetland Arms (20 minute walk). It's close to Gloucester Road Station. We can book easily online.
 edit: I've gone ahead and booked for 8 people at 17:30 / 5:30pm just in case. Went with an estimate of how many have confirmed and assumption of +1s (I know of one).
Awesome, the pub looks great, thank you! I'll be there!

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 27, 2024, 21:03
The future, I'll see you (and hopefully others) there.

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 27, 2024, 21:03
Coming to this VERY late, but got standing tickets for this. My daughter is coming with me - took her to Glasgow last Oct, first time seeing them despite years of trying on my part. "Much better than I thought they'd be" was her overwhelmingly positive verdict - so she's coming again. Looking forward to hopefully meeting up!

Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 22, 2024, 13:17
glad to have helped someone - enjoy!

i'd have caved myself but am now going to Sweden that weekend instead - oh well
Got a massively better seat than before thanks to your post, appreciate it.

T - Minus 7 days , , , excitement building , , , 
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Just three days of work and then I'm off to London :music

Do we want to do a roll call for the meetup? Want to check just in case I need to adjust booking at The Drayton Arms. No pressure on anyone if you don't feel like joining. Would love to meet more of the brother/sister/siblinghood IRL, share stories, and plan movements to / in Royal Albert Hall. The list below is who I anticipate joining from the thread above. Feel free to correct / call me out.

Confirmed
Rynostar
Actionjackson780 (+1)
Stefan
Fine Time (? I think ?)

Maybe / Unknown
graysquire (+1)
Sneaker
chemdup
ILoveCats

As for me, my last day of my work contract is Thursday and I leave on the red eye to LHR that night at 10:00PM. Hype is building...

I likely won't get to the pre gig meet up drinks, have to meet some people for food and drinks. Let's try to get a good old fashioned post gig pic after though? 

There will be a special poster designed by Kate Gibb available at the show (limited to 200 though):

Please log in to view this attachment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4x4vN9NRSI