Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

Music Response 001 (Costumes Exhibition)

Started by ThePumisher, Oct 11, 2023, 17:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Last double post, but it's worth it.

Rynostar images from Music Response 001

As promised, the link above contains the DSLR photos I took at Music Response 001. This is a raw dump. Hopefully they all work. Hope you enjoy. I plan to
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

So cool! What a wonderful coincidence that you happened to be around the corner, at least closer than most of us, to be able to visit this as well as your longtime friend! Forget Fuji Rock, y'all, Wincanton is where it's  at!!
You made the right call to go there as it probably won't get any more intimate than that!! You got to see these costumes in touching distance and were able to speak to Ms Tabor and ask questions. What could be more exciting than that? Would have been phenomenal if Marcus and Adam had been there too, but you can't have it all.

Thank you for taking all these images and for bringing your DSLR - for that alone, you're my hero of the week :)
The pics are a delight. Looking at the Pringles Sisters, as @Stefan coined them, it must have taken hours upon hours to cut all those different sized layers of pink chips and stack them together. Even though, pink isn't my favorite, all these GTKO costumes just look fantastic. I always loved the visuals for that and their synchronized moves.

I wonder how much weight Mr. Strawman loses every time he gets set up? And where the rest of Electroman's and Oil-Diver's parts were. Perhaps they couldn't fit within the limited space?

Seeing the Henchwomen upclose revealed some more details than I was aware of from the visual. I didn't notice they had all those circuit board stylized lines and dots on them. Terrific!
Too bad they hadn't Auroras costume on display as well.

A big phat thank you to all involved for making this happen!! It's just a beautiful idea to get these costumes and props on display!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 19, 2023, 09:14
Too bad they hadn't Auroras costume on display as well.
I asked Kate about that! It's a different designer! Kate mentioned the name (forgot already) and that she (the other designer) moved to Brazil during the pandemic. Makes sense knowing we saw the Aurora costume much earlier than the main EOD costume set.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Oct 19, 2023, 15:07
I asked Kate about that! It's a different designer! Kate mentioned the name (forgot already) and that she (the other designer) moved to Brazil during the pandemic.

Esther Rouah, I think. This is from her Instagram:

When the exhibition goes to the V&A, it would be nice if they could chuck this one in for the sake of completion re: the EOD video - and also to expand the exhibition for a larger gallery. But I guess if it's billed as Kate Tabor then...it'll just be Kate Tabor's stuff.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Went down yesterday for a visit, it's a nice little exhibit but it is really small. Kate was there but didn't get a chance to really speak as she was with someone else, felt like they knew each other and were catching up. Would have felt rude to interrupt. 
I'd say if they are using this as a bit of a dry run, that's cool, but a full exhibit would need a lot more put into it. Was expecting a few more costumes, but it was really nice to see them up close and notice little bits of details. In a way you realise how DIY it all is. The pink pringles GTKO outfits in the windows from the back you can see the stitching and the beads that are used to separate the foam pieces. 

Quote from: elcomplicado on Oct 22, 2023, 12:57
In a way you realise how DIY it all is. The pink pringles GTKO outfits in the windows from the back you can see the stitching and the beads that are used to separate the foam pieces.
I hear that is true for a lot of film costumes when you see them up close and in person. there's a lot of detail that doesn't get picked up on film. it's part of the magical illusion of film making. (and this was common long before CGI became everything)

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 16, 2023, 06:15
V&A is of course big! I've visited it already twice, it would be amazing to see the costumes there. Maybe I can find an excuse to hop over to London next spring ;D

Well, an excuse presentet itself this week. Has there been any word of when Kate Tabor's exhibition will launch at the V&A? Spring starts on March 19, so there's a chance it will be up by March 23rd.