As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

North Coast Chicago 2015 Reviews

Started by androidgeoff, Sep 07, 2015, 16:40

Previous topic - Next topic
My first time seeing them live. Judging from the DVD and other people's past experience from the last time they were in Chicago (6 years ago!!!) , I was sort of expecting the best show I've ever seen.  It ended up being one of the few times in my life where unreasonably high expectations were actually exceeded.

I imagine the huge effort it takes from all sides to produce a show like this is what keeps them from coming to the US more frequently. I just hope that it doesn't take another half-decade for them to return to Chicago, and I really hope they don't hang it up before then.

I wanna go back :(

Quote from: JeffChrist on Sep 10, 2015, 04:17

My first time seeing them live. Judging from the DVD and other people's past experience from the last time they were in Chicago (6 years ago!!!) , I was sort of expecting the best show I've ever seen.  It ended up being one of the few times in my life where unreasonably high expectations were actually exceeded.

I imagine the huge effort it takes from all sides to produce a show like this is what keeps them from coming to the US more frequently. I just hope that it doesn't take another half-decade for them to return to Chicago, and I really hope they don't hang it up before then.

I wanna go back :(
Welcome to the forums! Glad your expectations were topped and you had a magnificent time at your first chems live set! I guess all you Americans can tell a thing or two about their scarce presence over there. There's hope that they're going to do concert shows next year which hopefully include America too!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's coming! Not an empty threat this time!
Never for money, always for love.

12 days later...

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I'm busy with school but I swear, it's like 70% done already.
I'm really easily distracted and slightly lazy.
I tried doing a track by track breakdown like before but it's not really flowing like it did before.

Fuck it. I'm building suspense guys. This review's going to be bigger than Half Life 3.
Never for money, always for love.

I should also post a review soon - my ears are still ringing a bit from the festival. I may have very mild tinnitus now.

I'm very jealous that the other forum members got to meet Tom and Ed in person!
It is my punishment for dropping off the forum for a couple years. :(
Did I pass... the acid test!? The Future... I'll see you there!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.