Listen to Your Heart

Show me what you've got (Chems releases collections)

Started by Explud, Aug 13, 2015, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

For those who have money to burn and collections to fill, you can bid for a good cause on test pressings of FTBF (which were apparently pressed in some German-speaking part of the world):

My pickups from London last week.

PTB promo edition (black)
Please log in to view this attachment.

CD Promo Hardbook (2008)

The Salmon Dance 7" (W/ Snooprah)

Finally have Snooprah physical!
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Oct 26, 2023, 18:22
My pickups from London last week.

PTB promo edition (black)

CD Promo Hardbook (2008)

The Salmon Dance 7" (W/ Snooprah)

Finally have Snooprah physical!

Well done - I know exactly where you got these from because I was looking in the exact same store almost a month ago to the day 😂

I almost bought a second copy of Music:Response vinyl promo but it was missing the third 12" and they didn't want to drop the price ... glad all these went to a good Chemical home 👏👏👏

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Oct 27, 2023, 09:33
I know exactly where you got these from because I was looking in the exact same store almost a month ago to the day 😂
You're probably correct...But one is from a different store  :-X. I was hunting for Salmon Dance 7" and knew it was at the exact shop. The Promo Cd was sitting on the higher display. Knew then and there I'd never see it again. Paid way too much for it...but that's most of my chems collection.

Seeing as a few of us now have the promo CD and it's reported that only 40 exist (according to the Discogs page)...how many are in the hands of forum/discord members   

Quote from: rynostar on Oct 27, 2023, 16:09
Seeing as a few of us now have the promo CD and it's reported that only 40 exist (according to the Discogs page)...how many are in the hands of forum/discord members   

no idea, no idea

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 02, 2019, 00:45
"Curious about that done and dusted? Never saw that one before. Gotta look into that!"

Done & Dusted is not worth the paper it's printed on. It's like a Wikipedia entry. Nothing more.

Happy a decent Chems book has finally come out. Finished Cosmic tonight and made a 10 hour playlist with all songs mentioned.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 27, 2023, 16:27
Alright, I think I counted five (5) going back through the thread in the hands of forum members. It means we have 1/8 of potentially known copies across the globe in our collections.

Edit: Also recognize a few other names from the forum in the Discogs "Have" link.

@rynostar

NOW THATS A SCORE! A ptb promo, the promo cd's and the salmon dance in one swoop. If I ever visit London shops, I'm gonna spend a whole day finding and completing my collection.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 27, 2023, 16:27

Nice CD organized rack Pum! But I don't see any chem CD's (my bad! I see BITE, BGWIO, and FTBF over there on the left. Jealous that you have Kraftwerks 'catalogue' box set! My cd's are still in boxes but I want to put a cd book case that would go top of my record bookcase. 

*sneaks into Rynos and Pums discogs collection hehe!

Quote from: rynostar on Nov 01, 2023, 22:26
Alright, I think I counted five (5) going back through the thread in the hands of forum members. It means we have 1/8 of potentially known copies across the globe in our collections.
Edit: Also recognize a few other names from the forum in the Discogs "Have" link.

Last Edit: Nov 03, 2023, 07:59 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 03, 2023, 07:41
But I don't see any chem CD's (my bad! I see BITE, BGWIO, and FTBF over there on the left. Jealous that you have Kraftwerks 'catalogue' box set!

I can help you =>

L=>R : Junior Boys Own Collection (JBOCD2), Exit Planet Dust (XDUSTCD1), Leave Home (ASW 6167-2), Life Is Sweet (ASW 6162-2), Live At The Social (HVNLP13CD), Loops Of Fury (ASW 6174-2), Loops Of Fury (ASW 6174-2), Dig Your Own Hole (XDUSTCD2), Setting Sun (CHEMSD4), Block Rockin' Beats (CHEMSD5), Block Rockin' Beats (CHEMSDX5), Elektrobank (CHEMSD6), Elektrobank (CHEMSDX6), The Private Psychedelic Reel (CHEMSD7), Brothers Gonna Work It Out (ASW 6243-2), Surrender (XDUSTCD4), Hey Boy Hey Girl (CHEMSD8), Let Forever Be (CHEMSD9), Out Of Control (CHEMSD10), Music:Response (CHEMSD11), Come With Us (XDUSTCD5), It Began In Afrika (CHEMSD12), Star Guitar (CHEMSD14), Star Guitar (CHEMSDVD14), Come With US / The Test (CHEMSD15), American E.P. (ASW 43338), Singles 93-03 (724359271422 / XDUSTCDX6), The Golden Path (0724354750229), The Golden Path (CHEMSDVD18), Get Yourself High (0724354765827), , Push The Button (0724356330320), Galvanize (0724387659728), Believe (CHEMSD22), Believe (CHEMSDX22), The Boxer [CD1] (0094633166127), Do It Again (0094639414802), The Salmon Dance (CHEMSD26), Brotherhood (XDUSTCDY9), Midnight Madness (CHEMSDJ28), The Sunday Times (UPCHEMB001), Further (6411302), Hanna (88697932532), Born In The Echoes (XDUSTCDX10), Born In The Echoes (UICW-10007/8), No Geography (UICW-10018), For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUSTCD12)

Vinyl, other DVD's & BluRays are somewhere else

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 03, 2023, 07:41
*sneaks into Rynos and Pums discogs collection hehe!

This short before the weekend i'm fine with it  ;)

One more thing: Looking through all the chemical singles on discogs i noticed there are at least  3 CHEMSD-numbers not in use. CHEMSD 13, 17 & 32. Maybe this has been discused on the forum before, but does anyone know why? Or are they just not listet on discogs?
Last Edit: Nov 03, 2023, 10:13 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

CHEMS*13 is still unknown
CHEMS*17 is Electronic Battle Weapon 6
CHEMS*32 is Free Yourself / MAH (Electronic Battle Weapon Version).
Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 03, 2023, 09:57
One more thing: Looking through all the Chems singles on Discogs, I noticed there are at least 3 CHEMS* numbers not in use. CHEMS*13, 17 & 32. Maybe this has been discussed on the forum before, but does anyone know why? Or are they just not listed on Discogs?

You're right. How could i not see that?
no idea, no idea

This week I recieved 'Born in the echoes' Japanese tour edition 2cd which completes my hunt for the 6 Japan releases of the last 6 albums with all the exclusive tracks available. Very happy with that. 🤩
Another Japanese addition to my collection is Klaxons 'Love Frequency' album on cd which includes the Tom Rowlands remix of the titel track as a bonus. 🥳

After reading the first couple of chapters of Paused in cosmic reflection I went on to complete my Ariel collection. This week I finalized it with having a record from every release. I already had the Atom 12", T-baby for the Dust Brothers remix and the 2 Ariel cd singles.
It's fun to see them hopping over 3 different labels over there 8 releases and original tracks are mainly found on promos. For example the Ariel - Sea of beats release only contains the Justin Robertson remixes of the track. You need the Atom POW release to get the original version. Also on the back of the sleeve it says "Big thanks to the 237 Gaff (The men who make the mayhem at 'most excellent')" which refers to multiple Ariel/Chemical Brothers history. Although I don't understand what 'Gaff' means in this sentence.

Why does everybody have a collection I'm extremely jealous of? I only have, like, 6 Chems CDs (but I'm planning to get many, many, MANY more)