For That Beautiful Feeling

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I wish I could bring you along :(
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boys are going to be on KCRW today at 11:15 PDT
http://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning-becomes-eclectic/underworld-2016-04-12

Again I ask... Should I listen or wait the mere 30 something hours?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

WAIT
Never for money, always for love.

I did! I did!

I caught the interview though. They talked about working with each other like it was a chore :(
But Karl was pumped to have the new album and he kept talking about how much he loves the vibe of L.A.

I.

CANNOT.

FREAKIN'.

WAIT.

GOOD SHOW

Underworld going to be on Coachella live stream tonight!

Im drinking myself numb! Lets do this!!!!

Damn--I missed this. Well, I'm seeing them tonight. So, SWEEEEEEET.

I wish everyone could come with me. ::sniffle::

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 14, 2016, 17:45

GOOD SHOW

A HUGE understatement.

Rowla... 8 Ball... Ring Road/Minneapolis mash up... A somehow extended version of Juanita...

And it was the first show I've attended with my girl. Who loved it and asked to go see them again.

And freakin' Androidgeoff was there.

I'm not ashamed to say I cried at the end. It was a truly magical experience.

Holy fucking shit.

This was an unbelievable show.

Fuck.

I wonder how much their shows cost to produce

Got to get them to Chicago!

I see Underworld released A COLLECTION 2...

1 Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (Remastered) 13:10
2 Rez (Remastered) 09:57
3 Dirty Epic (Remastered) 09:55
4 Cowgirl (Remastered) 08:28
5 Dark & Long (Dark Train / Remastered) 09:55
6 Spikee (Remastered) 12:31
7 Born Slippy (Nuxx / Remastered) 11:47
8 Pearl's Girl (Remastered) 09:37
9 Push Upstairs 04:34
10 Jumbo 09:12
11 Shudder / King Of Snake 09:31
12 8 Ball 08:57
13 Two Months Off 09:10
14 Crocodile 06:30
15 Scribble 07:04
16 Caliban's Dream 07:15
17 And I Will Kiss 17:12

Available here:
http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/a-collection-2-underworld/0060254783949

Review of Underworld NYC:

This was the gig I've wanted to see since I originally got into electronic music when I was a teenager in 1999. NYC, Underworld, live indoor setting. I've seen Karl, Rick, and Darren twice before (Fuji '08 & Brixton '10). I had heard the Coachella rip the day before but knew to expect more as they only had a one-hour set there.

I came up on the train from DC earlier in the day and was already well buzzed from having dinner with a mate on the upper west side. Terminal 5 reminded me of a modern, less red, version of KOKO. Was in contact with Gian (Spiritual Vibes/FB group) before getting there. Soon after finding the loo, grabbing drinks, and headed to floor, I randomly ran into Gian. Had a great chat with him and his mate about shows, comparisons of albums, different travels, and how he started this journey. We each had our hopes (Rez/Cowboy, Always Loved a Film = me, Two Months Off = him).

Here's a set list:
I Exhale, If Rah, Juanita: Kiteless: To Dream of Love, Ova Nova, Nylon Strung, Two Months Off, Eight Ball, Jumbo, Ring Road, Push Upstairs, King of Snake, Faxed Invitation, Dirty Club, Low Burn, Rowla, Rez/Cowgirl, Born Slippy .NUXX

Surprises/Thoughts included:
Dirty Club (see dirty epic live before, not club).
Juanita/Kiteless (never seen live, was exactly how I imagined Everything Everything experience)
Faxed Invitation, Eight Ball, Ring Road (alot from Oblivion I didn't expect).
Rowla and Rez with Rick only (I've never noticed this before).

Overall, I danced, I screamed, I enjoyed, I relieved much of the stress that's been on my shoulders for a while (see grad school). It was interesting to see Gian be just as excited as I was during the highs. I've been to many gigs with friends or girlfriends who have a great time, but who aren't on the same understanding of all the nuances that go with a band like Underworld and my obsession with the music. Much respect to Gian for be able to critique each others comments and still be excited. The crowd were around was mad into it. This made me happy as my Electric Zoo experience with the crowd was a let down in ways. People around were in a jovial mood. They wanted to dance, not be seen. They sang along. They created a vibe that Karl even applauded at one point (Though I've read a review that considered the crowd to be really douchey, though only during the slower tracks). After the show, our group hit a popular halal cart down off Time Square after before going separate ways.

Last Edit: Apr 23, 2016, 03:48 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Sounds like an excellent night. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 23, 2016, 03:43

Juanita/Kiteless (never seen live, was exactly how I imagined Everything Everything experience)

Yes. I felt the exact same. And it seemed to last forever. So beautiful.

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 23, 2016, 03:43

Rowla and Rez with Rick only (I've never noticed this before).

Rowla was the biggest and most welcome surprise. I lost it during that. I don't remember what I was doing but it felt right.
They've been letting Rick take the lead since they started playing Rez with the Dubnobass tour. I think it's nice that Karl steps back and lets the audience focus on him. He is a god after all.

For one night, we were not Chemical Brothers, but Underlings

Not sure if I replied to everyone who asked for the rip. I wasn't really available those last few days and I know I received some requests but I'm not sure I've replied to them all