Dream How I Dream to Feel

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic
That's fantastic news. I will definitely be listening to this a whole bunch in the near future.

What a treat.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 20, 2017, 19:44

Downpipe... Very tasty.

WN, is anyone on the UW forum recording it?
I'd be blown away if no one over there got it. Jetpig is recording it unattended while at work and Badger is probably on it too, knowing him.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 20, 2017, 19:41

So it wasn't actually Between Stars?
The instrumental that Between Stars was sung over was played by Rick earlier this year in one of his solo sets in Tivoli. It had different recorded lyrics by Karl as well, no connections to Between Stars until now.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 20, 2017, 19:48

I'd be blown away if no one over there got it. Jetpig is recording it unattended while at work and Badger is probably on it too, knowing him.

Let me know when it surfaces, yeah? Very much appreciated.

Feed conked out during Low Burn, my fave tune from Barabra Barbara. Just me?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 20, 2017, 20:23

Feed conked out during Low Burn, my fave tune from Barabra Barbara. Just me?

Nope. Mine is stopping continuously too. Eugh.

EDIT: Refreshed the page and it jumped me straight into KOS.

EDIT EDIT: Technical difficulties ey?
Last Edit: Oct 20, 2017, 20:34 by Enjoyed

Lost it during KOS, looks like everyone did.

They're starting Jumbo now, according to someone who's there, AND WE'RE MISSING IT

Edit: Ah. Back. This couldn't have happened when Two Months Off was playing?

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 20, 2017, 20:36

They're starting Jumbo now, according to someone who's there, AND WE'RE MISSING IT

Edit: Ah. Back. This couldn't have happened when Two Months Off was playing?
I liked your post but now you've added the TMO comment I've taken my like back!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 20, 2017, 20:39

I liked your post but now you've added the TMO comment I've taken my like back!
Ha!

I love the song. They just never do anything new with it live. 2008 DocksClub and the 2003 Maida Vale performances are the only times I know that they've gone off the beaten path with it, and the latter performance wasn't much good.
Last Edit: Oct 20, 2017, 20:52 by WhiteNoise

Last Edit: Oct 20, 2017, 21:43 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Audio for now, sorting out video

https://www.mixcloud.com/techno_powe...m-20-oct-2017/

https://www.mixcloud.com/LivesetsFor...m-20-oct-2017/

EDIT: So when you do a Facebook live video, Facebook will publish the video on your page in full once you finish, if you let it. Someone on their team accidentally clicked to do so, so the full show was available for a few moments, before they discovered it and deleted it. In that time someone (of course) downloaded the entire - no dropouts (except KOS/Jumbo transition) and no quality problems.

Getting a copy tonight!
Last Edit: Oct 21, 2017, 19:18 by WhiteNoise

(bad link)
Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 07:17 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 21, 2017, 23:49
(bad link)

Failed - Network error :(
Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 07:16 by WhiteNoise

Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 07:23 by WhiteNoise

"I am not in love but I'm open to persuasion."

Thanks WN. So it's in 360 quality, mono sound....cos that's all Facebook is good for? All the more reason why UW should stick it on Youtube in high def.

So that was Between Stars but 'remixed' with new synths. Less melodic than the Barking version but nice to hear them doing something different - and playng one of the better songs from that album (should have been a single).

The acid jam following Between Stars was apparently called GWCW. And then we had the quote at the top of my post which is from a Joan Armtatrading song, but I think it was really a reference to 10CC's I'm Not In Love. I hadn't thought about it before but the choral sound on Dark Train sounds like it was either sampled from or inspired by the 10CC track. Perhaps that should be on WhoSampled.

You can really hear people talking during Lenne Penne, but nice to see UW throwing stuff like that in for variety anyway. I guess the problem with doing obscure/quieter tracks is that the audience start yapping - something I remember well from their Dubno gig in 2015.

The sound dropouts during Low Burn - can't figure out if they were in the venue or just on the feed.

Oh your Mixcloud links were also bad links, but this and this aren't! Though who needs those, now we have sound and vision?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

THAT'S WHAT I RECOGNIZED IT FROM.

I knew I'd heard some part of that version of Air Towel - turns out it's a bit dancier version of a remix of Good Morning Cockerel that Ricks also been playing in his pre-show sets earlier this year, like Red Earth. Nice to have names for these things.

Also apparently Lenny Penne's performance was the unreleased Darren Price drums mix - still sounds very Bamboo-like to me.

Hopefully they're planning an HD release of this.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 22, 2017, 09:47

The sound dropouts during Low Burn - can't figure out if they were in the venue or just on the feed.

They seemed to switch between audio feeds a couple of times during the stream. Audience noise dropped significantly at one point, and during... I wanna say Dark & Long??? [EDIT: listening now and it happens more noticeably in Push Upstairs].. it seemed to swap over to a wetter feed for Karl's vocals - more distortion, EQd, less d/i vocal. [EDIT: quieter music too.]

I'm SUPER pumped to see them putting in new things. Though, as WN said, it does seem to be pretty heavily based around what Rick was DJing at the Surreal Carnival and other sets following. Lenny Penne and Downpipe specifically sounded exactly the same. Still, great to see them dropped into the limelight rather than the warm-up spot (which was always going to have idiots talking over it).
Oh and did I mention PEARL'S GIRL!??!???!!!??!

Still haven't seen it live by the way, Rick & Karl. Just saying. It's been over a year since you were stateside. Just saying. Looking for an excuse to meet up with Chems peeps. Just saying. Haven't been to a live show in a while. Just saying.

Just saying.
Last Edit: Oct 24, 2017, 22:55 by Enjoyed