the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Terje!!!!!!!! Great show

If he comes around, GO
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live In Tokyo, 25th November 2005

Did they really go for 3 straight hours... :o jesus christ :music
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Oct 18, 2019, 18:43

That CD has been top of my wishlist, along with the star shaped Star Guitar promo single, for years now. Such a great set.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: kosek on Oct 18, 2019, 18:43

That's nothing compared to the 14 hours straight they did at Glastonbury 1992.   ;)

Welp, looks like I'm going to Movement again.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jan 27, 2020, 16:14

Welp, looks like I'm going to Movement again.

Damn. That lineup is ace. I might see about going myself.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 27, 2020, 18:30

Damn. That lineup is ace. I might see about going myself.

Black Madonna, Adam Beyer on Sun, Louis Vega, Four Tet on Mon.  I guess the rest of those days will be released later today. 

So what are the chances of a standalone date in Chicago? 

I break it down in two ways:

1. Is there a music festival in the Chicagoland that would go out of their way to book them? No.

2. Is there motivation for Underworld or a promoter to persue a singular date in a Chicago venue? No.

We thought the Chemical Brothers tour dates are hard to come by, well, Underworld is even less likely.

Movement makes sense though. Beyond the obvious of it being a electronic music festival, it seems the people who book artists at Movement are reaching out for a legacy type act to add to their lineup each year.

Put your hands up for Detroit

https://twitter.com/underworldlive/status/1222918489612214272

and other cities (ugh, emojis in the tweet, but this may be the more important one):

https://twitter.com/underworldlive/status/1222918839123566596

"More North American dates to be added soon
🇺🇸
🇨🇦
. Sign up here to be notified first and get access to the exclusive ticket pre-sale"
IT'S MORNING TIME!

"More North American dates to be added"

That phrase has been uttered on many occasions when it comes to some of our favorite electronic groups. It's a common trap that builds up hope and shatters dreams for non-costal cities.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 30, 2020, 22:16

That phrase has been uttered on many occasions when it comes to some of our favorite electronic groups. It's a common trap that builds up hope and shatters dreams for non-costal cities.

Please don't be in June. Please don't be in June.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 30, 2020, 22:16

LAKE MICHIGAN COUNTS AS A COAST
Never for money, always for love.

did i mention i got tickets for their show in 48 days?
no idea, no idea

Definitely signed up for the email announcement for this... But seemingly have no email.

I'll have to see whether I can swing another trip to CA this year. Would probably rather check out The Warfield...

Now the question is do I wait to hear on the Soulwax reschedule date for SF,or do I spluge and get all the tickets now for Underworld (Well..SF and LA)...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 17, 2020, 00:05

Now the question is do I wait to hear on the Soulwax reschedule date for SF,or do I spluge and get all the tickets now for Underworld (Well..SF and LA)...

Go "all in" and get tickets for all three...
no idea, no idea