For That Beautiful Feeling

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 19, 2018, 20:37

Steve Hall is the boys' manager. He used to run JBO.
I've actually had him in my house!!!

::sigh:: I'm never going to be as cool as you are. It's so depressing.

Quote from: Rick
Recently unearthed, this recording made in late 98 is part of a number of rehearsals before the release and touring of the album Beaucoup Fish.

Including some tracks from the album, older material and a number of improv's that went onto become a huge part of the Underworld live experience in 1999.

Romford 1998 live rehearsal.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

This is amazing. Hands down 1998 was the year of some of their most killer live sets and improvs.

Orbital has been sharing so much behind the scenes stuff and live recordings, Underworld is getting more open with their archives, I can only hope the Chems do the same sometime...
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 20, 2018, 21:07

Romford 1998 live rehearsal.

Something Like a Mama is pretty fuckin' great.

Whole set is a fantastic glimpse. Loved listening to it.

Did anyone on Born Dirty happen to get a copy that might somehow end up in my direct messages?

^ Working on that in a moment but for now - since the topic's up and it's Christmas! - here are some of their best 1998 live recordings:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cN8HSnQbBtF4AHm6HiyMPM1gq7PlHEno

10-31-1998 - Ahoy, Rotterdam
11-02-1998 - Mojo Club, Reeperbahn
11-14-1998 - I Love Techno, Gent
11-23-1998 - The Mayan Theater, Los Angeles
12-31-1998 - Temptation New Years Eve, Ali Pali, London

ALL are recommended. Mayan Theater is an AUD recording but it's one of the best shows they've ever played without question, it does not let up.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 21, 2018, 19:40

^ Working on that in a moment but for now - since the topic's up and it's Christmas! - here are some of their best 1998 live recordings:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cN8HSnQbBtF4AHm6HiyMPM1gq7PlHEno

10-31-1998 - Ahoy, Rotterdam
11-02-1998 - Mojo Club, Reeperbahn
11-14-1998 - I Love Techno, Gent
11-23-1998 - The Mayan Theater, Los Angeles
12-31-1998 - Temptation New Years Eve, Ali Pali, London

ALL are recommended. Mayan Theater is an AUD recording but it's one of the best shows they've ever played without question, it does not let up.

You're a doll. <3

Wonderful lo-fi acoustic work-in-progress release, mostly from Karl:

https://www.mixcloud.com/UnderworldLive/coming-out-of-texas-desert-demos-workings/

If you enjoy Blueski, Trim, Tongue, Tiny Clicks, Santiago Cuatro, etc, this is for you.

They're giving away a free download of 'A Small Conker and a Twix'. The little downtempo number they played in 2005 and a little in 2009. It's the yums.

Grab it here.

Cool. I think this also got used in the Sunshine soundtrack under a different name?

I trust none of you are sleeping on the new series of Drift tracks...

They claim this one wasn't finished but put it out anyway. Bloody love these guys.

All of this series has been instantly available for download. Just check out the posts on their website.

The Drift series has been amazing! These guys are back on form. Honestly, the last release I loved from them was the Riverrun series, which the Drift series reminds me alot of. Oblivion With Bells was okay, but I wasn't thrilled with Barking or Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future. I did love its Japanese bonus track Twenty Three Blue.

I hope you are also following their Mixcloud because they continued posting older, unreleased material every Thursday in between Drift EP1 and EP2.

https://www.mixcloud.com/underworldlive

The Romford 1998 Rehearsals recording is especially awesome!

By accident, Underworld posted Drift EP 2 Part 6 on YouTube a day or so before Part 5 was supposed to go up, but they pulled it down shortly after. I got to watch the video. Get ready... cuz Part 6 is Appleshine Continuum... and it's 47 frigging minutes long! That's right, that is a 4 followed by a 7... a 47 minute track. This release is gonna be quite along once it is released together and I hope they release it in hi-res like they did with Drift EP1.

Also, Drift will apparently comprise of several EPs and they are also planning an album... all to be released in 2019!

May last year, to save my life, I boarded a plane to London for a 10 day vacation in the UK, and on the zeroth night staggered around a darkened London in a half asleep travel-lagged stupor, in awe at the beauty of one of the biggest cities I'd ever been in, seen in countless films and photos, laid out in front of me. Grabbed a pint on the south bank and marveled at the world's bigness, the city lights, and my happy naivety toward the newness around me.

Nearing midnight I ran to Embankment to connect to Bank, and caught the last DLR heading to Greenwich, where in I'd booked a bargain hostel for the night. The train was nearly empty, and I took the coveted front seat with a driver's eye view of the snake through Canary Wharf, Underworld's music literally in my ears.

To say my love for Underworld and their team is immense - to say this new song and video captures the elation and freedom and discovery of that moment for me - is an understatement.

Underworld fans!

They have announced a new album DRIFT SONGS, a single disc/2LP made up of select DRIFT tracks...

OR...

The DRIFT SONGS 6CD boxset announced!

This all-encompassing box-set features the music, visuals and text pieces released throughout the entire 52-week DRIFT Series, across 6 CDs including the DRIFT SONGS album, 1 Blu-ray Disc and art-book.

Signed and numbered

Ships November 2019 TBC. An HD-Audio Digital Download of the DRIFT SONGS album will delivered to your inbox day of release of the album.

https://store.underworldlive.com/index.php?page=products&menu=Releases

Ordered the box. Don't think I can make the Wembley gig unfortunately, but been a big fan of the Drift music so it get a my full support.