Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 31, 2020, 12:05

did i mention i got tickets for their show in 48 days?

Show has been cancelled due to corona
no idea, no idea

Sorry to hear. I fully expect a few of my upcoming events to be met with the same fate as well.

SXSW and Ultra Cancelled, and now Coachella is rescheduling, too. Pretty Crazy. 

I leave you with this advice:

Unsurprisingly, the North America tour for Underworld has been cancelled, and they are working to reschedule dates for the future.

This makes me sad.

A totally deliberate and definitely not coincidental reference in an episode of Close Enough I was watching this morning...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

ZZ Top seem to use Pearl's Girl as intro for their shows

first 15 seconds in this vid
no idea, no idea

Like a phantom from the past comes the siren call to San Francisco at an inconvenient time.

https://underworldlive.com/events/

Right!?

Bosco somehow stumbled on a pre-emptive announcement from The Warfield, before any word from Underworld. I was hoping for another date further up the coast, ala La Chembros, but it's not looking likely.

I'm trying to figure out how I could make this work. Flights are... Flights. And if it were a month later I think it'd be easier to justify.
But also, haven't seen them in ages, and would definitely love to. Got to put more brain power into it. And maybe listen through the Drift boxset again to see how that feels.

Just double checked the dates--the Underworld SF show at the Warfield is on April 21st, which is 3 days after the Chems show and my-oh-my it's on a Friday.

So I'm 100% going to this show. Stoked.

4 new tracks have been played at the Marble Factory in Bristol last weekend, and also at the Royal Albert Hall one day later. "And The Colour Red", "Strawberry Hotel", "Denver Luna" & "Gene Pool"

And The Colour Red

Strawberry Hotel
no idea, no idea

Strawberry Hotel sounds nice.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Went to the TCT gig at the Royal Albert Hall. They were absolutely fantastic. The new tracks sounded great. Shame about the two knobs right next to me snd my mate who decided to have a full blown conversation as soon as Underwotld took to the stage. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?!?!

The new track is coming out on *checks notes* Monday?

If anyone's interested in their Coachella performance, let me know.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

loving this footage. thank you coachella.

I've been ignoring how excited I am for the show tonight and now it's a problem. I can get no more work done.

Quite a fantastic show last night. Everyone who didn't go to Coachella was ready to dance, and dance they did.

There was no opener--just people standing around drinking for an hour prior to Underworld going on.

My drink before the show came with a view.

Please log in to view this attachment.

The set took a very slow start with some new tracks--I'm curious to hear what the recorded versions sound like. It was nice, but I was admittedly impatient.

The highlight of the set was King of Snake. That track *never* gets old, it never stops hitting hard, and it never fails to make me groove.

I was a little sad they didn't play Border Country--that was my favorite off of Drift.

But they did play Juanita, thankfully, and the Rez/Cowgirl double punch always leaves me floored.

The set came in at just under 2 hours--they took their time with these tracks. And although I wanted them to play for another 2 hours, the time we spent on the floor with fellow fans was fabulous.

close to 2 hours without a break at 65 is damned impressive.